GO!

pugs-n-pools

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lily

More food with- my *whine*- please

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 5:53pm PST 
The dog days of summer are almost here....do your pugs like to go in the pool? I hear they are not great swimmers, but Lily enjoys taking baths and loves water. My sister is in the process of getting an in ground pool...so we were thinking Lily might like to sail around on a floating tube to cool off once in a while. I saw life vests in Petco which I know she would have no problem wearing.

Did you ever take your pugs for a summer dip?

Edited by author Tue May 22, '07 12:34pm PST

[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 8:26pm PST 
Lily, we live on a lake and it just started getting nice here, so the last week or so has been Fig's first chance to "get her feet wet". She loves it! My GSD swims all the time (even when I don't want him to!) and Fig has been following him right into the water. She wears a life vest and I have her on a leash (because there is NO WAY I am getting into that water right now).
[notify]
Lola Lu

TV Watchin' Fool

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 6:29am PST 
I like baths and I like walking in the water a little bit at the beach. My sister hates water! I guess it doesn't bother me because I'm not afraid of anything! My mom and dad won't let me play in the water without being watched. I guess they're scared that with my short muzzle and short legs, I'm not really built for swimming.
[notify]

Xena

Xena Puggle:- Curtain Slayer!

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 2:14pm PST 
Xena loves to go in the tub, and last year we took her to Poochapalooza--it was at a local swimming pool, and the day after the pool closed for the season, they allowed dogs to come since they were going to drain the pool afterwards anyway. Xena was a bit nervous at first, but she is a pretty good swimmer!
[notify]
Emma

Emma the Bella- Principessa

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 4:57am PST 
Emma loves baths, but hates puddles - she goes out of her way to avoid them - so it'll be interesting to see what she thinks of the lake and the beach this summer
[notify]
Spencer

Hey! Hey! Pet- me! Love me!- Kiss me!

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 8:00pm PST 
Spencie hates baths!! But....we tried him in the pool last weekend and he liked it okay. He was scared at first, but swam like a seasoned Olympian!
I don't know if he'd ever get in the pool on his own though...
[notify]
Jake Puggles

The notorious- P.U.G.

Barked: Tue May 22, '07 8:06am PST 
You can get a lifevest for your little puggy. That way you won't have to worry so much about your furrbabies safety. More fun for everyone!
[notify]
TJ

Barked: Thu May 24, '07 1:15pm PST 
I LOVE THE WATER! I love to chase the water that comes out of that long thing in the yard. I jump in the bathtub to beg for bathtime, and swims every chance I get. I don't remember this but before I came to live with my new parents, I lived with someone else and they said that I was no where to be found one summer afternoon. A few hours later it was discovered that I was swimming around the pool. This was quite scary because they had an above ground pool so I had been in there paddling around for quite some time. After that they bought me a life vest but I don't like to wear it - I can swim just fine on my own!
[notify]
Lo-D

im the the king- of the house

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '07 7:31pm PST 
Well my pug , LoLo , hates the water , but we spend of our summer at the lake so i make him wear his life jacket ( i would def recomen buying one) every once in a while he'll venture into the water when he gets hot , but thats about it
[notify]
Lucas

Lucas

Barked: Wed Jun 6, '07 9:12am PST 
Pool ? Lucas? :: Starts to laugh :: Lucas runs from baths, refuses to go out in the rain on his own 2 feet . Runs from garden hose water and will not even go out on the porch is wet with dew .

yeah Lucas and a pool righttttttt
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2