GO!

Ears Shutting Down

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jasmine

Born to love

Barked: Sat May 5, '07 7:59am PST 
Little Jaz' ear canals are shutting down (closing) and she is getting terribly hard of hearing. This just started happening and it is heartbreaking. My vet said that her hearing mechanism is still probably in good shape but that this is just one of those things. Somehow, I feel it's my fault and I'm feeling really guilty, however, I don't know what I would've done to cause this. Is there some kind of surgery, or reversal procedure that can restore the ear canal? Has anyone gone through this too? Any info would be very helpful and reassuring. Thanks y'all.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon May 7, '07 2:33pm PST 
Hi Jas! Please tell your mommy to be so hard on herself. Maybe you need to get a second opnion on the problem? I am still young (only 7 months) and I have not had that problem but I know even if I loose my hearing I know the love my mommy and family would give me would be all I need. Please know that we will be thinking of you and pass our hopes onto you...

Hugs
Tia & Mommy (Wendy) wishes
[notify]
Granpa

lazy gordo;- gordito- lindo;good ol'- granp

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 5:27pm PST 
my ear canals starting shutting down after my 7th year. Well, that is what my parents think. Actually, I have selective hearing. My vet told my parents "He is not deaf, he is just being a pug". I can't believe he almost gave my secret awayshh
[notify]