GO!

Pug quirks

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lily

More food with- my *whine*- please

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 12:07pm PST 
Does your Pug seem to really enjoy wearing things? I never understood why people dressed up their dogs until I met Lily. That little curly tail wags like crazy whenever she sees a sweater, a jacket, a harness....anything to put on her body. She also goes for soft cloth toys, but I can't trust her with that type as she destroys them in less than one minute.

She's also the smartest dog I've ever had as she is always thinking ahead...I swear I can see the wheels turning as she is scheming her next prank. Lily knows that before she is fed, she must sit, shake hands, and lay down.....so while I'm preparing her food and my back is towards her, and before I say a word..... there she is rushing through the whole routine in hopes of speeding up the food service......big laugh

Please share your funny Pug quirks!
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 7:32pm PST 
Hi Lily! Figgy LOVES to dress up. People always ask me why I do such a thing to my dog, but I do it FOR her, not to her. If I don't put her pajamas on at bedtime she hops around on the bed and will not go to sleep, but as soon as they are on she lays right down next to me. Also, as soon as I pull out one her jackets or sweaters she runs to the door, wagging her little behind. She knows she is going for a walk or a ride (doesn't matter which to her---unless it is cold, raining, wet, windy, etc, then she refuses to walk!). She is such a little princess.
She does the same thing as Lily when it is time to eat or have a treat. As soon as she sees me get her food out of the cabinet she sits, lays down, gets up on her hind legs, wants to shake hands so that she can get the "work" part of feeding over, BOL!
The other thing she does that is odd, is refusing to have her nails trimmed. We have to take her to the vet because she puts up such a stink! She screams like a human baby--I have to leave the room and cover my ears!
She is the first dog that we have ever had that is not a German Shepherd. I am constantly amazed at her antics. She has so many human qualities. She has brought such joy to our lives!
Thanks for this great post. She is my favorite topic of conversation. I can't wait to see what others post!
[notify]
Lola

Devil Dog

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '07 8:19am PST 
Lola doesn't mind when I put clothes on her, she wears it and just deals with it. But in the winter if it's really cold she will not go outside with out a sweater on. Now our other pug Ellie, does not keep shirts on, she pulls them off and then uses them as a chew toy.

Lola also is the pickest dog i've ever seen when she goes out to the bathroom...she circles atleast ten times, goes and sniffs maybe three more areas still circling at each spot and most times comes back to the first to go but only after circling in both directions....I think she has some sort of ocd.

Lola is also a really big romance novel fan. When ever I'm reading one she is sitting next to me looking at the pages like she's reading them. If she can't see the pages she keeps pawing at my arms until I shift so she can see.

Ellie really doesn't have any quirks, atleast none that I've seen. But she does follow my mother around everywhere. She has to be in the same room as her at all times, she follows her in and then lays down and watches her.

Edited by author Wed Apr 18, '07 8:24am PST

[notify]

Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 10:53pm PST 
Pugsley is a boy... But he actually seems to like to wear his shirts. In the morning I wake up and take him out as soon as he comes in and gets his treat he runs right to his "shirt box" and waits i'll put his shirt on and he'll lift his paw up for me! It's cute... and I admit i get joy out of seeing him in a shirt lol
[notify]
Winkie

Mama's boy

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:56pm PST 
I have to run in a big circle CLOCKWISE (It just doesn't feel right counterclockwise!) at least 10 times in order to poop. I can't potty in the same spot twice. When it was fall, I could only potty in the leaf piles.
I don't mind having my clothes on but my sister tries to get hers off.
After I eat I have to grab a stuffy toy and walk around the room with it. My humans have no idea why I do it, my big sis figures it is some sort of possessive thing or ocd.
[notify]
Parker

precious pug

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 1:07pm PST 
Parker loves to watch the toilet flush. He will put his front paws on the seat and I'm always afraid he is going to fall in!! Also, he does circles as fast as possible when it is time to eat. He doesn't like to dress up but he will let me put clothes on him anyway. Also, he never barks. My last pug rarely barked and I think it's wonderful!!
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 3:29pm PST 
Parker! Pugsley does the same thing when the toilet flushes!

Edited by author Tue May 8, '07 3:30pm PST

[notify]
Lily

More food with- my *whine*- please

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 5:43pm PST 
Lily MUST run in circles and bounce off the kitchen cabinets when it's time to eat or the day wouldn't be complete. No matter how many times we command her to "sit" for her food, we go through this daily ritual....thinking
[notify]
Courtney- Love

I will survive,- I will survive,- hey, hey

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 6:34am PST 
I was just rescued so I'm getting used to this wearing clothes business. My two older sisters have lots of clothes. I do like my raincoat because I hate being rained on. Sweaters seem like a good idea when it's cold outside. I like to put on a t-shirt after I have a bath -- even though I get blow dried, I am still a little chilly.
[notify]
Emma

Emma the Bella- Principessa

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 5:12am PST 
OMG Pugs are so weird. But that's what makes them so special.

Emma loves her clothes. Some are of necessity, like her coats and sweaters in the cold Canadian climate, and her rain gear, because she really, really, really hates the rain. Others are just because she looks cute in them. She's so eager to wear her clothes that she'll drag it off her shelf, bring it to us and wait until we put it on her.

One of my favourite things she does is when we get her a cookie. She runs over and very quickly sits, lies down and sits back up. She does all this in about two seconds, and she'll keep doing it until you tell her to do something else. It all comes from the early days of her puppyhood when we were training her to sit after lying down. I guess she figured at one point that if she gets it all over with very fast that she'd get the cookie quicker.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2