GO!

pug acne

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bono

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 7:45pm PST 
I get acne... just like a person does.. it looks so painful and if i dont take medicines to clear it up it gets REALLY bad. I have antibotics but after i take it for a while I get a yeast infection in the ears. Is there anything else that i can take to clear up the acne problem?
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 2:16pm PST 
Sorry to hear about that, Bono! I have had a few pimples in the past. My mommy washes my face with cotton balls dampened with warm water every day and this seems to keep my acne at a minimum. We did discuss this with the vet and I can't remember exactly what she said--I seem to recall she said don't use hydrogen peroxide. Maybe it was witch hazel she said to use. A pug friend of ours uses the stridex acne pads, but I would be nervous about using them. Did your vet give you any suggestions? I am interested in finding out as well, in case any pimples do crop up. I will give my vet a call tomorrow and we can compare what vets suggest!
[notify]
♥- Fiona

born to be- pampered

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '07 2:34am PST 
I know I'm not a pug, but my mom has had 2 in the past. Make sure to use stainless steal or glass dog bowls. The plastic absorbes the grease from food and that causes or aggrevates acne.
[notify]

Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '07 6:32pm PST 
Thanks for that hint Fiona. Funny you say that. I use a pretty glass food bowl and a ceramic water bowl now. Originally I had a plastic water bowl and since the change I have not had any acne. Maybe this did have something to do with it!
[notify]
♥- Milton- ♥

Ya I'm brindle- 'n doggone proud- of it!=)

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '07 10:38am PST 
thinking I have LOTS of acne right now!!!! I have it on my jawls. I literally have about 10-15 on each jawl! I hurt sooooooo bad! Mommy is part of a local pug site (orwa-pugs.com) and they swear by Malaseb Pledgets. They are an antifungal antibacterial wipe - like a stridex wipe but for doggies, kitties and horses (that is what the package says). I have been using them (I found some on eBay, but you usually get them through the vet). Mommy wipes my face and then blows on it... to dry the medicine before I lick it off. It stings and so the blwoing helps alot. You should try those out. I have only used them for a couple days, but they seem to be helping.

I researched the cause of pimples and it is from the dishes - but I have them from my chewies. I chew all the time and then get chewy-cootie-slobber all over my jawls. That cootie slobber gets in my pores and makes pimples. I can't give up the chewies though -- so now, Mommy just wipes my face off about a million times a day! I am a good sport about it and let Mommy clean all she wants. I just hate it when there is one that is about to burst and Mommy pops it (hey it was gonna pop anyway, she says!). Boy that hurts!

I want these pimples gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Milton
[notify]
Winkie

Mama's boy

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:13pm PST 
I have big painful pimples in my folds cry I already eat out of aluminum bowl. Is it just that mommy has to clean my folds more often? Or could it be doggie puberty or something?
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 7:37pm PST 
Hi Winkie! Mom washes my face everyday, my eyes, my folds, and around and under my mouth. She wipes my ears usually once a week. I don't usually get acne (knock on wood, mom says). As I posted above, I also use a glass bowl--don't know if this is a reason for no acne or not.
[notify]
Tater Tott

That must be for- me

Barked: Fri May 4, '07 10:02pm PST 
I used to get acne too, but it stopped when mama through away the plastic bowl. The plastic holds a lot of bacteria and germs then grows in the moisture of your muzzle.
Now I get one on a rare occasion.
[notify]
♥ Rosie ♥

I'm a happy pug!

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '07 2:56pm PST 
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about all of that! I don't think I have acne, I'll have to check again, BOL!
Good luck!wave
[notify]
Granpa

lazy gordo;- gordito- lindo;good ol'- granp

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 5:09pm PST 
i have skin problems too, and since i live in hot miami, it is worse. my mommy and daddy make sure to clean my wrinkles real good everyday, this really helps my acne problems. hope this helppuppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2