GO!

New Additions [Puppies and Pictures!]

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '12 12:50am PST 
Hmm....I doubt it.
Pidgeon for instance is 6.2 pounds when his mother was in the 5 pound range and his father was 4 pounds. He ended up bigger than both!

And according to his breeder, he was 3.2 oz at 1 week which is about two ounces smaller than the five I've got now.

BUT I guess we'll see!
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 12:15am PST 
Cam is 9-10 pounds and his mom is 6lbs and dad is 5lbs. He was supposed to top of at 7 to 7.5 lbs based on growth chart and genetics.
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 11:11am PST 
They definitely don't always follow the chart or the genetics!! lol!
It's a super guessing game XP
I've seen smaller pups mature bigger than their once bigger siblings and vice versa. IMO I think it may have a lot to do with how long they were able to develope in the womb, along with other genetic factors XD

Edited by author Mon Jul 23, '12 11:12am PST

[notify]

Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 6:42pm PST 
Any updates on how they are doing and how they look now?
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 12:29am PST 
You all should add me on my facebook =]
I update there more than here!!
I just uploaded their 3 Week pics today.
Their eyes are open and they are starting to walk around!!

http://www.facebook.com/PomPrelude
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 11:59am PST 
How on earth did I missed this thread? The puppies are just precious cloud 9 I would imagine they've gotten pretty fluffy by now smile

That said, the whole genetics bit in breeding really fascinates me- I had no idea that, white markings and marking patterns aside, a blue and tan crossed with a parti chocolate merle could produce puppies that weren't either chocolate or blue in their base color. A black-based litter with no dilute or recessive base coloration (blue and chocolate) is really a surprise! Learn something new everyday way to go
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 12:01am PST 
You haven't updated us in a while. How's it going with the pups?
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 10:28pm PST 
I sent you a friend request.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3