GO!

What will she look like?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 8:46am PST 
My daughter bought a 7.5-week-old female Pom ("Coco") from a sweet elderly country couple last week, but realized she doesn't have time to care for her. I accepted her as a Mother's Day gift because I was crazy about her (the puppy and the daughter). smile Plus, I never breed or rehome dogs - just a philosophy of mine - so if she's not a great quality, that's okay.

I want to know how to classify her color! The registration papers (which aren't AKC) say "wolf/cream". http://twitpic.com/9lq8do

Another view is http://twitpic.com/9lq9mw
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 12:41pm PST 
Well I really don't think she's a cream or a wolf sable. It's still early to tell, she's young and has yet to go through her 'puppy uglies' when she will shed her baby fur and start to grow in her adult second coat which is longer and courser. During that time, poms may go through color change weather it be subtle or drastic. A lot of parti poms don't get all their spots/color in til after the uglies, only exhibiting small patches, usually behind the ears. Thats most common in the lighter colored parti's like creams and beavers.

But if I had to guess, I'd say an orange sable or an orange, depending if she loses her black tipped hairs or not. She may lighten out to cream, my orange sable was a LOT darker than she was. Its also possible she will darken up. Either way, I think you made a great decision to have her in your life, and if you are like me, you'll be hooked! Enjoy the new pup =]
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 4:05am PST 
Too me she looks like she is going to be a orange sable/orange because as an adult she is probably going to lose most of her sable color. She doesn't look wolf sable. Most creams look almost white and most wolf look grey with a cream tint.
I will show you pictures of each color as a puppy, sable coloring very:

Wofl Sable Pom

Cream Sable Pom

Orange Sable Pom
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 5:06am PST 
Thank you both very much! I Googled more pictures as well as looking at the ones you posted, and if I were a gambling person, I'd wager that she will be something in the orange family. It will be fun to watch and see! She is a mess, very quick to learn and to use that knowledge to get me to play! She runs away with her bows, hides under the table, and can find things I don't want her to get faster than anything! But she sure is a cutie, and I don't know what I did before her. http://twitpic.com/9obg87 is another picture. She's in her little car seat wearing pajamas and a bow. It didn't last long, but the pictures sure were cute. !
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 7:01pm PST 
She might even end up being red! That's sure a cute picture XD I'm glad you have some idea now, I use to be clueless when it came to color, but I've done a lot of research and seen a LOT of pictures! lol
[notify]