GO!

Flat Coat!?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 11:01pm PST 
Is my Pom considered a flat coat because some people on another dog site keeps saying he is considered a flat coat? I thought flat coat means there is no undercoat, which he has a lot of here is some recent pictures of him.

Cam now

Cam again

Final Photo

Edited by author Thu May 10, '12 4:54pm PST

[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Thu May 10, '12 11:54am PST 
Yes, he is a flat coat. Nicky is too. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't have any undercoat, they just don't have enough to push the coat up to it's full poofyness like the show coats.
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Thu May 10, '12 2:40pm PST 
His undercoat is pretty thick, but it's not as course in some spots like his back.

This is Cam as a puppy

This is Cam before he had got trimmed

His ears are always going to be large smile
[notify]

Remy

I hate sweaters

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 5:19am PST 
Remy has the same coat. Kinda fluffy in front and back, but pretty flat in the middle. To be honest, I prefer it because it's easy to care for. He did increase in fluffiness over the first 3 years, but he'll always have a flat coat.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 1:37pm PST 
Yeah, Nick has like no undercoat on the top of his back, but his ruff and around his legs and pantaloon area has a decent undercoat.
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 3:38pm PST 
I wasn't quite sure what a flat coat was until now. Wicket doesn't seem to have one as his hair is puffed out all over. His avatar picture is of him at age one.
[notify]