GO!

Pommy Shampoo?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Theodore- "Theo" Albus-

The Most- Interesting Pom- in the World

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:22pm PST 
Hi Pommy Friends! What shampoo and conditioner do you recommend for giving your Pom’s baths and how often do you bathe? I want to make sure I am not drying out Theo’s coat. thinking

We use Tropicana shampoo but I heard Plum Silky is amazing. Has anyone tried that? Thanks!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 8:05am PST 
Right now I'm using the Spa Lavish line by Tropiclean. I'm very happy with it. I give my poms baths about every 2-4 weeks depending on how often they decide to roll on smelly stuff outside, or when Bailey has a therapy dog visit coming up.
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 12:52pm PST 
I am currently afraid of drying out my two's coats, because as of late I've been bathing pretty often- once a week!! We live in Texas and since it's started warming up the fleas have gone INSANE, even with the apartment complex spraying outside every few weeks frown Stupid fleas. I had to finally put my two on a flea preventative (went with Sentinel which is a heartworm preventative/flea egg inhibitor) and have been a vaccum/laundry nazi as of late. I recently also started treating the apt with Diatomaceous Earth so hopefully that will help too. Once we extinguish the flea situation I'll go back to bathing them every 2-4 weeks depending on how dirty they get when playing outside.

ANYWAY, I use the DerMagic line of shampoos and conditioners- I originally bought it to help repair/restore Kip's coat loss he got from having a chicken allergy (on the recommendation of someone on this forum, actually- and it really helped!), and now I use it because it soothes their skin from the fleas and so far the conditioner has worked pretty well in keeping their fur soft, shiny, and not dried out despite the frequent bathing. The shampoo itself is ph balanced to work well with the dogs' skin and hair, so that makes me feel like it is less stripping/damaging. The kind I have is tea tree and peppermint so it smells really nice, fresh, and clean too smile

That said I've heard really good things about the Plush Puppy Australia line of products from a handful of people- it's something I'd maybe like to try out in the future. I've never heard of Plum Silky though, gonna have to look into that one too!
[notify]

Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 12:57pm PST 
Actually, Bailey, I think it was you that tipped me off to the DerMagic!! Thank you for that way to go I remember I was freaking out when Kip was losing all of his fur frown Luckily it was just a chicken allergy and not Alopecia X hail
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 1:12pm PST 
way to go I'm so glad it was an easy fix and not a lifelong battle.
[notify]
Elegance- Wild and- Fancy Free

Black and white- Tri Party

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 10:56pm PST 
I have 6 Pomeranian's and i use Magic Touch Grooming spray Formula #3 ~ It's concentrated! Mix 15 parts water to 1 part product and then after they are all combed out i use #1 All Systems Crisp Coat Shampoo.Your Pomeranian will look and feel so much better if he gets a complete brush & comb out once a week. It is so much easier to brush and comb out a Pom that has been kept up, than it is to do one whose coat matted! Toenails should be trimmed every other week, and a bath once a month.
[notify]