GO!

HELP!!! Is this a pedigree Pomeranian?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 12:43pm PST 
Hi,

Ive always wanted a Pomeranian, and I saw an ad online about a Pomeranian litter in my local town. I've heard a lot of stories about "Pomeranians" growing up to look completely different, and I would like to ask you whether you think this is a pure pedigree Pomeranian? This is the link to the ad (my iPad won't let me include a pic here)

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/dogsforsale/C78E 38F6 995A54148025797E007389B9

I would be very thankful if anyone could help me.

Thank you!
[notify]
Theodore- "Theo" Albus-

The Most- Interesting Pom- in the World

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 5:01pm PST 
The link does not work! Yes, Poms can change colors and it is hard to predict their size as well.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 5:13pm PST 
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/LookupUNID/C78E38F69 95A54148025797E007389B9

Sorry, does that one work?
[notify]

Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 5:28pm PST 
Theodore they put spaces inside the link it is between the E and the 3 once you remove that the link will work. The breeder doesn't mention anything about having pedigrees or being able to register your pups. Also, I noticed that they missed spelled a lot of words. Your best bet is to contact the breeder, ask many questions. Like are the dog registered, can the pups be registered, are they health tested, do they have their first round of shots, ect. If answers to most of those questions are no, go to the next breeder.
[notify]
Theodore- "Theo" Albus-

The Most- Interesting Pom- in the World

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 5:39pm PST 
It works! I agree with Cam. It is kind of shady that they misspelled so much. I wouldn’t buy a Pom without a health contract (a written NOT verbal contract). If you want to make sure the dog is purebred, ask for AKC papers. If the dog doesn’t come with papers, then that is a clear indicator that something is amiss. Good luck! The pictures are cute though.
[notify]
Prince

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 3:36pm PST 
Although they do look like Poms to me (the parents), I would be a lil weary because they are advertising the pups as wolf sable. Wolf sable are very hard to get hold of... a lot of 'breeders' like you to think they are wolf sable perhaps because they know they can be popular.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 12:40pm PST 
Update: I went to see the parents and the puppies and they were so cute I ended up paying a deposit and securing a boy! I asked a lot of questions and she seemed to know a lot about Pomeranians and dogs in general. The father has no kc papers, that's why puppies can't be registered. They looked like pure pred poms and very well behaved. I'm due to take my puppy home in a few days, yay! This is the picture of my puppy: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404853_3179858137655_ 1301722912_3351551_881542655_n.jpg?dl=1 I know what your saying about health, and I'm going to ask for a full health check when I take him to get his first injections in a week!

Edited by author Sat Feb 11, '12 12:41pm PST

[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 1:35pm PST 
When we're referring to health and health contracts, we're talking about genetic health testing that is done on the parents, grandparents etc etc. For example to test for Luxating Patellas, the breeder would go through the OFA and would not breed any dogs that have poor results. A physical exam done by a vet cannot determine any genetic health problems that may show up later on. "The vet says the parents are healthy" is not health testing either. Good luck with your pup, though.
[notify]
Prince

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 10:20am PST 
How is everything going with your new pup? I hope all is going well smile

Nicky made a very good point. It is good if you can buy from someone who does health tests, as a check up at the vet will not be able to tell you if the pup has genetic problems etc.

Either way, I hope to see some pics soon! smile
[notify]
Butters

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 7:43am PST 
New picture of Butters: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556268_3578860032453_ 1301722912_3531287_456982928_n.jpg?dl=1

He's doing really well. He's now 3 months and 1 and a half weeks. He's very smart, knows lots of tricks. I'm working on potty training him from pads to going outside now. It's a lot of work, but we're heading the right direction smile he's a real bundle of joy.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2