GO!

Pom Names??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 1:11am PST 
So before I picked up Pidgeon, I was faced with the hard task of coming up with a name! Like my mom, some people like to wait to see what kind of personality your doggie has before coming up with a name. I prefer to go a different route. I like unique, fun names! Well..as you can see, my Pom ended up being named after a Pigeon, lol. I spelled his name a little differently because if I shorted it, it would have ended up pig or pige..and that hardly makes sense, so Pidge it is XD Also a Lady and the Tramp reference, Tramp used it as a moniker for Lady. ANYWAYS, I figured I'd share my small list of names, and hope you all can add to it to hopefully help others in the future with the naming process! I'd like to expand my list as well =D [this generally started out with my Sims 3 Pets game, I kept lists for names, haha] Anyways! Here's my list!

Pidgeon - Obviously used this one, haha

Bird - My aunt had a horse named bird, but they spelled it byrd

Prius - C'mon now, needed one more to go with all the Chanel's, chiffon's, cashmere's, and Gucci's, haha

Cacique - Actually found this on a breeder's page and thought it was quite unique. It has a meaning..meaning like some chief or something..not entirely sure.

Bendi - Always thought Steve Erwins daughters name was cute and unique XD

Kitty - Umm, yes, a dog named kitty! [This is my next female poms name, for sure!]

Bandai - Like the brand?

Lycan - My pom was dangerously close to being called this one, haha

Bacardi - Found this one on dogster, I loved it!

Heiko - My friends dogs name is this. I believe it's german for 'house ruler'

Echo - Went to school with someone named this. Always liked it

Carrigan - Heard this from Casper movie, thought it was cute.

Cerberus - Yes..a Pom named after the three headed dog in greek mythology to guard the gates of the underworld. Fitting, wouldnt you say? lol

Tivian - My dad came up with this one when I was trying to find a name for Pidge. Said it was french. I haven't a clue if I spelled it right though.

Pippa - Need I say more?

Epper - Found on a breeder page. Never heard it before, thought it was quite unique.

Layvee - Also on breeder page. Same breeder I got Pidge from actually.

Sabian - This was my first poms name, named after a brand of cymbal for drumsets. Total music lover.

Kodiak - Someone's real poms name I met on a virtual dog breeding website.

WELP thats all I have for now!! I look forward to seeing your unique names as well!!
[notify]
Peanut

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 4:48am PST 
Peanut was already named Peanut when I adopted him and it fit well so he kept it, but he gets called Weiner (his nickname) just about as much as Peanut

A few of my cats have different names including, Taco, Ducky, Tank, and MunkyTurd
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 11:49am PST 
I have Angus who my husband really wanted to name Thor.
Loki named after the trickster god.
Todd named after the fox in the fox in the hound.
I am one of those who tends to go through names when I actually get the dog.
I do like to try and find something different.
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 4:09pm PST 
Oh gosh, I had a list of names for futuredogs! but I lost it when my computer crashed frown

If I ever get a standard 4 or 5 pounder orange Pom I want to name it Mufasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa big grin Sometimes I actually wish I had named Nicky that!

The other name I was considering giving Nicky was Chazy.
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 11:02pm PST 
I've never heard of Chazy before! My sister's room mate has two dogs, named Piper and Phoebe from a show called Charmed. I'd never thought of naming dogs after tv characters, haha.

My mom also named her persians after biblical people, such being Mathias, Solomon, and Tidus.
[notify]
Squeeky

I am just- toooooo cute !!!

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 6:24am PST 
We got Squeeky from the shelter and that was the name they gave her. I was going to change it to either Daisy or Molly but found out real fast why her name was Squeeky. She is a barker and she also Squeeks when I play with her feet and her name fits her to a "T". She couldn't be called anything else. laugh out loud
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 5:58pm PST 
An agility friend says that in the future she wants to get 2 female poms, a red and a cream and name them Lucy and Ethel. Cute!

I'm always thinking of names, but I definitely don't have any in mind for future dogs. I'll drive myself crazy with that decision when the time comes.
[notify]
Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 8:43pm PST 
Aww XD Pidgeon squeaks when he sneezes, Its the cutest thing I've ever heard!

It's crazy, he seemed to fit his name that I already had picked out for him! Everything he did reminded me of a bird, lol! And also the mottled spot on his eye reminded me a little of some pigeons mottled feather appearance I guess.

Also, the name Bentley for a name is growing on me, haha
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 1:14pm PST 
Nicky is actually named after Nick Stokes from CSI smile
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 4:57pm PST 
Wicket was named by our son & daughter in law. All of us are Star Wars fans & the new pup looked like an Ewock. Thus his name is Wicket.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3