GO!

my dog simba only eats on ground help!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Simba

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 6:42pm PST 
my pomeranian simba only eats on the the ground when i put it on the his bowl he wont eat put then when i put it on the flour he'll eat it any tips or help?
[notify]
Bowie

I'm not weird,- I'm unique :)

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 6:32pm PST 
If you really don't like him eating off of the floor then just leave it in his bowl, he'll get hungry eventually and eat it! But then again, I think that dogs think everything tastes better off of the floor laugh out loud

Bowie used to only eat his food off of the floor too, he's kind of grown out of it now though. Maybe just a puppy thing? Bowie's favorite is still when you slide the pieces of kibble across the kitchen floor so he can "hunt" his food down. Sometimes he just chases it and throws it up in the air and plays with it, but when he's hungry he doesn't waste any time and goes straight to the bowl.

As long as he's eating I wouldn't worry about it smile

Edit: I forgot to ask... does he have tags on his collar and eat out of a metal bowl? My Chihuahua Chloe used to randomly get really scared of her bowl because she didn't like the sound her tags made when they hit the bowl. She would purposely knock over her food bowl just to eat it off the floor instead!

Edited by author Fri May 20, '11 6:35pm PST

[notify]
Hana

Barked: Sun Jun 19, '11 1:57pm PST 
Hi! We had the same issue with Hana. We eventually switched to a plastic bowl and now she will eat out of it(though she still takes bites and brings them elsewhere to eat). I'm pretty sure she didn't like her tags clanking on her bowl, like the previous poster suggested.

Edited by author Sun Jun 19, '11 1:57pm PST

[notify]

Simba

Barked: Mon Jun 20, '11 8:29pm PST 
i use plastic bowl simba does have a blue tag on his color also i use a metal bowl for his waTER
[notify]