GO!

HELP ME WITH MY POMERANIAN

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Simba

Barked: Sat May 14, '11 11:44pm PST 
I'M TRYING TO FEED MY DOGS THREE TIMES A DAY BUT THEN HE WONT EAT. I'M NOT FEEDING HIM ANYTHING BUT DOG FOOD I FEED HIM @ 8 AM THEN 3 PM THEN 10 PM BUT THEN HE WONT EAT WHAT DO I DO? HELP PLZ!!!!!!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sun May 15, '11 6:27am PST 
You probably need to resort to the tough love technique. Put his food down for 15 minutes. If he hasn't eaten after that time, pick it up and don't offer him anything until the next meal time. Keep repeating this until he learns to eat when food is offered. He'll catch on soon. Dogs won't let themselves starve.
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed May 18, '11 9:47pm PST 
How much are you trying to feed him? my poms only eat about a 1/4 cup of food a day or less.
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 1:34pm PST 
Is he eating some but not all or not eating anything at all?

If he's not eating at all I second Bailey's advice. He'll eat eventually. You could even try soaking it in a bit of warm water and see if that helps.

If he's eating some, but not all of his food you may need to simply cut back on the amount you're giving him. The bag suggested Nicky get a full cup of food a day, but he wouldn't eat all of his food. I cut it back to 1/2 cup daily (1/4 x2) and he's been doing just fine.
[notify]
Simba

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 6:40pm PST 
i'm just feeding 1/4 every time i feed him thanks
[notify]