GO!

What kind of food?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Sun May 8, '11 7:56am PST 
what kind of food should I feed my pom? I am thinking of feeding her blue buffalo. Also, what kind of treats do you use? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! smile
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 12:43pm PST 
I fed my boys Chicken soup for the dog lovers soul puppy food. I treat mostly duck jerky and some Zukes. For chews bull sticks.
[notify]
Bowie

I'm not weird,- I'm unique :)

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 3:44pm PST 
This is actually my first post here... so hi to everybody! wave

Bowie was on Orijen puppy until 6 months of age, and is now on Orijen Six Fish formula. My Siberian Husky is also on Orijen and they both do amazing on it and look great too. I can't recommend it enough!

It's of course all natural and grain-free (grain has no place in a dog's diet, not even a Pomeranian's.) The fish formula is 80% protein. Here is a third party review of it if you want to read more:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/orijen-dog-food-adu lt/

Even my neighbor switched her Cavalier to the Six Fish formula after he kept coming over to steal Bowie's
laugh out loud
They both eat it like it's candy so you have to be careful not to overfeed them, but other than that it's by far the best IMO!
[notify]

Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 8:37pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions smile I was also looking into making dog food. Not sure just yet. I have a little bit of time before I really have to decide. 19 days until I get to pick up my little princess smile but hey.. Who's counting? big grin

Edited by author Mon May 9, '11 8:40pm PST

[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue May 10, '11 9:55am PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud I'd be counting too.
My dogs did well when they were pups Even though CS has grains. I was always complimented on their coats. I feed them Taste of the Wild now.
[notify]
Bowie

I'm not weird,- I'm unique :)

Barked: Tue May 10, '11 12:13pm PST 
aww I remember waiting for Bowie... it was only a week but it sure seemed like forever!

Here's another link that might be more helpful, it's a list of all of the highest quality, 6 out of 6 stars rated dog foods:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showcat.php? cat=8&stype=1&si=&perpage=24&sort=8&stype=&limit=&cat=8&ppuser=

I know some of them can be hard to find unless you live in a big city with specialty stores, but I'm sure there's something on that list you can find for your new fur baby way to go
[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Tue May 10, '11 3:31pm PST 
thank you! big grin I think I'm gonna start with blue & see how that goes!
[notify]
Simba

Barked: Tue May 10, '11 8:32pm PST 
i used to feed my pom puppy chow then switch to iams then went to bil-jac and they love it!
[notify]
Harrison

Barked: Sat May 21, '11 9:09pm PST 
kinda late response but I feed my 6 month old, Stella & Chewy raw freeze dried patties. He loves them. They are a bit pricey but our pom is so small so he eats hardly anything. I give about 3 patties a day. Breakfast 1.5 dinner 1.5. It's about 3 bucks a day. For treats, I give the Stella & Chewy carnivore kisses and the Stella n Chewy crunch. My pom does not shed at all. It's amazing as I heard the breed is a heavy shedding breed.
[notify]