GO!

Harness sizing question for your Pom?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Tue Mar 15, '11 12:33pm PST 
So I bought a top paw SMALL size harness for Foxy and she fit it. I learned how to brush out her fur and i tried the harness again but her fur was getting in the way. I then exchanged it for the leather monogram one in MEDIUM but it looks hilarious. I tightened all the straps but still too loose. What harness do you guys use for your pom?

I should add that she once had a harness(still before she got properly brushed out) and it fit but she chewed through it(not while wearing).

Edited by author Tue Mar 15, '11 12:39pm PST

[notify]
Loki

It's all about- the love

Barked: Tue Mar 15, '11 9:03pm PST 
How big is Foxy? Loki is about 7lbs and very fluffy. He wears a medium.
Harness
That is the type of harness I use and I got it at a local feed store for 10.99.
I tried to look for a brand on it for you but it doesn't have a tag.
Todd is about 5 lbs and wears a medium.

Edited by author Tue Mar 15, '11 9:04pm PST

[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Tue Mar 15, '11 9:34pm PST 
Thanks for your reply!! cheer Foxy is about 7lbs too and the top paws small fit her perfectly. I like the one you posted because it looks less irritating. She also happens to have WAY more fur than when i first got her but she's not very fluffy(growing slowly but surely). She looked like a rat!! BOL! I will hound people and see if i can find out what type of harness it it!. love it! blue dog

Oh btw Loki, momma was showing your profile to people at work saying how gorgeous you are and people were oohing and aahing. She's dogsessed!! heheheh

Edited by author Tue Mar 15, '11 9:37pm PST

[notify]

Lilly

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 9:18am PST 
Lilly's harness is very similar to the one posted. It was about $20 but she uses it all the time. I think it's a little big on her. She is only about 4lbs and the smallest one they had was an XXS.
[notify]
Loki

It's all about- the love

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 10:10am PST 
Awww thank you so much for the compliment.hug If you punch in mesh dog harness on google a whole bunch pop up. I had the other type of harness that was just straps. I like these much better. Good luck!
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 1:36pm PST 
I ended up getting one like that by RC Pets and it was $32 eek but it also has a car restraint. I love it already!
[notify]
Loki

It's all about- the love

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 2:55pm PST 
So glad you found one you like! Yeah I really like the puppia ones but with 4 dogs couldn't afford it. so I was really happy I found something comparable for so cheap.
[notify]
Satori

Will Pose For- Food!!!!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 7:37pm PST 
I made a harness for my little guy with help from ehow.com, so I sized to fit, and it works perfectly for him..a loop for each front leg and goes over his withers, with a third loop for his tags and his leash. It is adjustable and non-wearing on his fur. It is like he has a little handle!!!!big grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Sat Mar 19, '11 10:28pm PST 
Was it hard to make one? shrug
[notify]