GO!

How to tell if our dog is in heat

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Nala

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 6:11pm PST 
i have a female pomeranian and she's 9 month going to try 10 months on apirl 1st. and i'm scared that she's in heat. how do we tell when a female pomeranian is in heat????

Edited by author Wed Mar 9, '11 6:16pm PST

[notify]
Roxy

Fox cub in- disguise

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 2:49pm PST 
I think you will know when your dog has her season. Roxy has just had her first season (at 1 year old shes quite late I think) and at first she started to wash a lot. After a day or so of washing I noticed she had started to bleed. There wasn't much and she's been so good at keeping herself clean. Around this time her vulva swelled up to and there is a really noticable difference. Apart from the odd speck of blood there hasn't been any mess at all, and Roxy has been her usual self just a bit sleepier than usual!

The main thing is to know your dog and pick up on those early signs. You'll soon notice when she starts to act a bit differently!

Hope I've helped smile
[notify]