GO!

does your pom go out alone?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lilli Rose- Kammer

Loving until you- leave the house

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 4:19pm PST 
I can not for the life of me get lilli to going out in the back yard alone with out me... jack could care less if im there or not, right now i go to make sure they "go"... but i would like for them to be able to go out alone... any advice?
[notify]
Squeeky

I am just- toooooo cute !!!

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 10:37am PST 
I could never ever let Squeeky go out in our yard alone, she would take off in a heart beat. Whenever she has to go out, I either have to put her on the leash and walk her around the yard, or tie her on to the chain until she does her thing.
[notify]
Lilli Rose- Kammer

Loving until you- leave the house

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 3:40pm PST 
oh she's good in the yard, (about not running away) sometimes she slips out the front but she comes back, she just wont go out and play with jack she wants me there with them lol
[notify]

Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 9:01am PST 
No, he can be a bolter and we don't have a fenced yard so I take him out on the 30' tie out to go potty. He needs to be walked around a bit before he poops anyway. Plus there are coyotes and strays lurking about and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. A few weeks ago a dog was killed by 2 coyotes in my brothers neighborhood a town over frown It was let out with no supervision and confined by an e-fence.
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 11:16am PST 
Wicket has to go out on a leash. He doesn't seem to mind. Our property is very large & not fenced, also it is the home of a couple of coyotes. That is not by our choice, so no alone time in the yard for Wicket.
[notify]
Remy

I hate sweaters

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 7:01pm PST 
Remy used to, but now that there are coyotes in the area, I have to go with him.
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 8:13pm PST 
With her previous owner, she used to. At my old place when she ran out, she came back like 2 mins later and barked at the gate. But I live in an apartment now and I dont want her to get run over by a car.
[notify]
Sophia

Barked: Fri Apr 1, '11 8:14am PST 
Sophie never goes out on her own. I am even fearful to let her go out with me off the chain in a gated area. There r many local stories and in the paper when hawks, eagles, other big birds have swooped down on them. One had their lung punctured and is okay. The other one as they were going into the house,little girls saw the bird coming and scared it away with their screams..as they were going up ON THE PORCH. The newspaper talked about a yorkie that was found a mile down the road after being picked up. She had a coat on and the talens didn't get to her lungs and the hawk couldn't hold on to the jacket as easy.. I had Sophie outside with me when she was very little and I was in the pool and she was in the grass beside me. I heard a screech and looked up and a red tailed hawk was coming at her...I screamed so loud, panic and made a fool of myself trying to get to Sophie....but it worked to scare it off....Never again. I got a plan: I ALWAYS have a sweater or coat or shirt on her. That way she won't be recognized as food bait as easy, the talens can't punch her lungs and the grip is not as good. I hold on to the leash so I can pull back...also another story....And I pay attention to her because she won't go out there if she feels danger. Maybe that is your little ones problems. good luck with your baby!!!
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 12:09pm PST 
Thats a good idea about putting them in some clothes before they go outside.
[notify]
Bowie

I'm not weird,- I'm unique :)

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 3:56pm PST 
Is your pommy a new addition or still a puppy? For the first month or two of getting Bowie, he was stuck to me like glue 24/7!
He wouldn't even go potty when he was outside for the first few weeks because all he did was jump up and down on my legs like a pogo stick wanting to be picked up. Even I couldn't go potty without him following and wanting to be picked up!
But nowadays I can't let him go outside without his leash because he won't stop playing and come inside when I call. He's such a big boy now wink
[notify]