GO!

Harley got attacked!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Harley

Little Nugget

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 6:36am PST 
We were out on a beautiful walk yesterday and an off leash dog went up to Harley. At first I was excited as I usually am when Harley meets new friends, but all of a sudden I heard from the distance "He's not a friendly dog!!"...just then the strange dog attacked Harley!!! I was traumatized to see my baby being pinned down on the ground while he was screaming as the dog tried to bite him over and over again. It was so traumatic! I finally got the dog off him and argued with the dog owner as to why his crazy dog was off leash when he knew he was aggressive with other dogs. The guy (who was on a motorized cart!) was saying it was my fault as he "tried to warn me" but I had earphones on so I didn't hear his warning...could you believe the nerve???

He was not hurt and seemed to be able to carry on with the walk without any problems. I hope he does not have a fear of dogs now.

Any other poms out there been attacked?
[notify]
Wittle Girl

I am the cutiest- girl

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 7:13am PST 
Poor baby. Owners like that make me sick. Some people value their dogs lives, so keep your crazy animals in your own yard.
[notify]
Harley

Little Nugget

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 10:29am PST 
I was furious! I couldn't believe the audacity of this man, who couldn't even physically intervene since he was obviously physically handicapped, telling me that it was my fault because I couldn't hear his warning. WHY IS YOUR DOG OFF LEASH???? These people should be institutionalized!
[notify]

Wittle Girl

I am the cutiest- girl

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 10:40am PST 
It's crazy but at least your baby is ok.
[notify]
Rickards

Missing you- Always...

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 1:25pm PST 
Oh my goodness! Glad to hear hes okay! Did you report the guys dog?
[notify]
Harley

Little Nugget

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 9:51am PST 
I didn't know how...I know that's very ignorant of me to say but I would have no idea who to contact regarding a situation like that.
[notify]
Lilli Rose- Kammer

Loving until you- leave the house

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 7:06pm PST 
thats sooo wrong you were so not in the wrong if he knew his dog was aggresive he should have him on a leash... i would put a warning up in the park to warning others. I was have freaked out (scared mad all of the above) omg im soo sorry for harley
[notify]