GO!

Vet appt today

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Loki

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 10:41am PST 
Loki has his vet appointment today at 1. I'm kind of nervous to take him though because over the last day or so he suddenly stopped getting better as far as coming around is concerned. He runs away frantically if I stand up, walk towards him etc. And the only time he will even come towards me is when I have treats. So should I just always carry treats? I'm getting pretty frustrated. We will have had him for 3 weeks on Sunday, and I know that's not a lot of time but I just wish he would progress a little faster... red face

ANYWHO, how do I take him to the vet and not completely terrify him? He has to get a new microchip today and I have a feeling he's going to go back to square one after this vet visit confused
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 2:40pm PST 
We're back! Loki did really well. He got examined head to toe and is being wormed 'Just in case' even though I couldn't get a stool sample. The vet agreed that he is underweight. He weighs 5.6lbs, more than I thought but compared to Bubby whose 12.5lbs+ thats nothing laugh out loud The vet also recommended a joint supplement because his knees aren't bad, but they could go south pretty fast. He also needs teeth pulled and thats going to cost another $150-$200.

He seems just fine and did great in the car. I am very pleased smile
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 1:29pm PST 
I'm glad the vet went well! Try looking around in your area to see if you can find any shy dog classes. They can really help build his confidence in a controlled environment.
[notify]