GO!

He's eating kibble!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Loki

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 9:52pm PST 
Our new addition is FINALLY accepting kibble, and DRY kibble at that. But he doesn't seem to be gaining weight at all. I was at the vet today with Bubby having his neuter stitches removed and I scheduled an appt for Loki to be seen and have a full nose to tail-tip exam on the 4th. He's also going to get a new microchip(because the one he has isn't the right kind and our housing requires a certain type) and he's getting a heartworm test and he will be assesed for having teeth pulled. He has 2 retained upper puppy canines just like Bubby. It's going to be a hefty bill but oh well, what can you do shrug If you're gonna have dogs you have to be able to pay the vet bills. FORTUNATELY we're getting a huge amount back for taxes way to go

The people from the rescue felt bad that we paid them $300 for him(Though tax deductible) and he needed a lot of work done, so they sent us 2 years worth of heartworm meds! So a whole year's worth for each dog and I already have 6 months worth so we're set for a good while big grin That was really nice of them. Honestly they could have just left it at that.

Anywho, is there anything else I can do to get him to gain weight? If not, hopefully the vet will tell us what to do. He's going to have a full exam so we'll figure out what's up with him. Praying it's nothing serious.confused
[notify]
Todd

Get to close and- I just might- kiss you

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 1:20pm PST 
He might be at the right weight. You just don't realize it cause he is smaller than Bubby.shrug I thought Todd was severely underweight and the vet told me he was fine.shrug
How is he doing with his shyness?
He's super cute.
[notify]
Satori

Will Pose For- Food!!!!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 7:07pm PST 
Waht a cuteness!!! you are taking such good care of him. I second Tod!!!hail
[notify]

Twizzler

~Be Wild & Free~

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 10:39am PST 
How precious! Pomeranians are so energetic and high energy that its best to feed them a food formulated for small breeds because they have different protein and fat levels. You can also add some extra treats to help too! Nutro came out with a new small breed puppy formula in their natural choice line...maybe something to check out.
You can bake some puppy or high energy canned food into treats that way you don't feel guilty overloading on treats yet the pup still thinks that they are treats even though its nutritionally sound! smile
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 7:27pm PST 
I don't know I really feel like he's just soooo thin. I gave him another bath and you can see his little hips poking out. Maybe it IS because he's small but I really just don't know. Are you suppose to be able to feel ribs spine and hips?? I know you're suppose to feel each rib under a layer of skin, but I don't know if you can see his ribs or not. I know you're not suppose to be able to see them but I just can't tell because he's fluffy.

But whatever happens, hes got a vet appointment. And when we're there I will be talking to the vet about having his two retained puppy teeth removed. We might also get his dew claws removed because they seem to snag on everything!! So he's being cared for, but I really have a hard time showing him off because he's so thin. I don't want people to think I'm starving him! I'm absolutely not starving him confused

As for the shyness, he's starting to come around slowly. He will follow me around but still runs when I go towards him. If I am standing and talk all high pitched he gets excited though. If I'm sitting or laying down though he now runs up to me and gives me kisses and then runs away and comes back! ITS SOOOOO CUTE! And he and Bubby love eachother and they snuggle! I really think that in a few more weeks he'll be happy and not scared of me anymore smile
[notify]
Todd

Get to close and- I just might- kiss you

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 11:08am PST 
So glad to hear he's getting braver. can't wait to hear the vet report.
[notify]