GO!

What are your Poms like in the snow?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Fri Dec 24, '10 8:03am PST 
With mine their sled dog origins come shining through. They constantly want to be outside. Angus who hates getting his feet wet when it rains revels in the snow. They will actually go out and lay in it. I love watching them run around and play in it with pure joy.
[notify]
Satori

Will Pose For- Food!!!!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 24, '10 9:59am PST 
Bite snow!!!! Arf! Run in snow! Arf-arf!! Play in snow! Arf-arf-arf!!!happy dance
[notify]
Angus

Don't mess with- me!

Barked: Fri Dec 24, '10 3:49pm PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud My nose is permanently white when I go out in the snow cause I bite it to.laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Remy

I hate sweaters

Barked: Fri Dec 24, '10 6:56pm PST 
Remy is constantly rolling in the snow whenever he's outside.
[notify]
Fenris

Little Wolf

Barked: Sat Dec 25, '10 8:56pm PST 
I so wish I could see what Fenris is like in the snow, but I live in Texas so snow days are few and far between. Hopefully before winter is over I will get one day with him in all the white snow. /crosses fingers
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Sun Dec 26, '10 10:30am PST 
Wicket buries his entire face in the snow to dig to the bottom. He loves running around in the snow, however when the temp is below 20 his little feet get too cold. I had to make him some fleece boots so that he can do his business. He keeps lifting his feet up to keep them off the cold ground.
[notify]
Bear, CGC

Yes, I really am- this cute.

Barked: Sun Dec 26, '10 2:10pm PST 
Sigh. I just came here to see if there were any other Poms who didn't like the snow and it seems to be just Bear shrug

We are in the midst of our first snowstorm today and though he seemed to like it when the flurries first started (running in circles and being silly this morning), now that there is some actually on the GROUND he seems terrified of it shock Even though I've been shoveling every couple of hours to make a snow-free zone for him and our other dog to go out to potty.

So I guess no one has any advice on how to teach him to enjoy the snow? I thought after all these years of Minpins who despise cold and snow we could actually have some fun with Bear in the winter but his first experience seems to be a big flop. I am being very liberal with the treats every time we go out today but he is not enjoying it frown
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sun Dec 26, '10 8:56pm PST 
He looks young. Maybe he'll change his mind.shrug
[notify]
Bear, CGC

Yes, I really am- this cute.

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 9:49am PST 
He is, he actually turns one year old tomorrow! party

This is the first time his feet have ever touched snow, when we adopted him in March he had never been outside before... LOL, we have always laughed that he looks more like a Pom-a-huahua than a pure Pom though the rescue insists that both parents are Poms... this is more evidence to me of his questionable heritage! All Poms are supposed to love the snow!

I will see if I can get some pictures of him in it today, but I'll have to be quick because he runs out, does his potty stuff and then runs right back to the door to get in laugh out loud

Oh, and the cold does not seem to bother him, he has continued to enjoy his walks as the weather has gotten colder whereas my Minpin complains about the cold in a big way! And we went to grandma's beach house for the holidays and he was playing with the kids on the beach running and having a great time and the rest of us were freezing shrug
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 10:39am PST 
Nicky hates rain, but LOVES the snow!

Edited by author Mon Dec 27, '10 10:40am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4