GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Brace obedience
Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 7:49am PST 
Hi everyone.

This year for 4H I am going to be entered in brace obedience with Suka and Faith. I have the coupler that's needed but I don't know how to start training them for it. It's based on the Grad beginner level which I can post the info and exercises if needed. A few things are off leash and Suka is a runner but faith is not. So I'm worried about Suka running off. Any advice on how to start training and them getting used to it? The show is on Aug 3rd so I have a while I train but want to get started now.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mya CGC TDI, Apr 13 7:46 pm

Behavior & Training > I will not take the dumbbell
Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 7:04pm PST 
I have been working with Faith since the end of June to take a dumbbell from my hand and to hold it for 4H. So far all we got is she will take it but them immediately spit it out unless i hold her jaw. I really want her to do good at the 4H state dog show and actually take the dumbbell but either im still teaching it wrong or she is just not getting it.
Help?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 9:04 pm

Sports & Agility > Dumbbell for Retrieving

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 1:12pm PST 
Faith got bumped up to Graduate Novice in 4-H and she will need a dumbbell for this level. I have never heard anything about using a dumbbell and dont even know where to start. Can anyone help me find one and how to size Faith for one and where to begin even training her for it.

Thanks !
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mya CGC TDI, Jun 15 8:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Dumbbells

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 9:08pm PST 
Faith got bumped up to Graduate Novice in 4-H and she will need a dumbbell for this level. I have never heard anything about using a dumbbell and dont even know where to start. Can anyone help me find one and how to size Faith for one and where to begin even training her for it.

Thanks !
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Faith Free CGC, Jun 3 9:08 pm

Food & Nutrition > Need a new food

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 9:27pm PST 
Faith is a 6 year old Dane and for the past 2 months she has been losing her hair. And not in big patches but it's thinning out and looking "moth eaten". I don't like bringing her places because she looks horrible and 4-H starts soon and I don't want her going looking like this. Right now she is on Eagle Pack Large and Giant Breed and she gets Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil in all her meals and she is on a medicated shampoo but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. So maybe switching to a new food that would improve her skin and coat might help. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could switch her too? It has to be grain free because she has allergies.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Beasley , Mar 10 8:12 pm

Behavior & Training > AKC Obedience Trials
Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 1:01pm PST 
I actually was not able to go to the show because Suka, broke her toe and is unable to walk so the vet advised no obedience. And Faith has a skin condition that makes her look like she is moth eaten and is itchy and dry skin so she was unable to show as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mya CGC TDI, Mar 3 9:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Type of Leash used on TV Show "Pit Bulls and Parolees"

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:58pm PST 
I have become hook on the Animal Planet show and noticed that they dont use the normal clip on leashes for the dogs. But like a slip leash. Has anyone used this type of leash before? Any pros and cons to it? Ive seen them at my local pet store and wanted to buy one but wanted to hear from other people first.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Rigby , Mar 8 3:15 pm

Grooming > Dremel Drill

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:12pm PST 
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the Dremel Drill Pet nail Kit to use on my dogs nails so I dont have to pay to get them done. My groomer uses them so my dogs are used to the noise. Faith has all black nails while Suka has white nails. Does anyone have any tips or advice about using the dremel drill? Especially with black nails? When Ive done it, the nails are square, but I thought they are supposed to be rounded. But it would be great for some advice

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Feb 11 3:18 am

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 6:54pm PST 
I've gotten points off for having my hand on my dog during the stand stay, giving extra commands and even moving a bit when i did my recalls. Although they are a little more forgiving in 4-H, the same general idea. I will still reread the rules. And thank you for your help. I will sign Faith up for Novice A and Suka up for Beginner Novice A. And I will start getting entry stuff together right away since the show is Feb 23/24.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mya CGC TDI, Mar 3 9:35 pm

Faith Free- CGC

I Wuff You!

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 4:23pm PST 
Well Faith is in Novice Obedience in 4-H, so would you recommend entering her in Novice A? I have read the rules since they are the same at 4-H Rules. And Suka just finished Basic Obedience and has her CGC Test Feb. 5th so I think it might be best to sign her up for Beginner Novice A? Is there a big difference between Class A and B? Thats what I am confused about. They seem to be the same class.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mya CGC TDI, Mar 3 9:35 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.