GO!

Raw Food Diet > Household arguement about raw

Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 5:08pm PST 
Thanks for everyones responses!

CONCLUSION: I buy the pet food so I feed them what I want lol no seriously after her reading TONS of literature she is agreeing with me. I tell her just don't look at it lol.

The 'Muttley Crew' loves it and we are sticking with it! Thanks again!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Household arguement about raw
Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 7:32pm PST 
Good evening! I have been gradually switching the pups to ground raw (I get it from Woody's Pet deli http://www.woodyspetdeli. com). It has been about 3 weeks. My partner is arguing that the pets could be exposed to salmonella, e.coli etc. The dogs eat their meals in 5 secs but the cat 'nibbles' on hers for about 2 hours. All meals are fed from stainless steel and washed after every meal. Meals are thawed for the week and the rest is kept frozen. She would feel more comfotable if I cooked it. I told her I would cook it SLIGHTLY as a compromise. Will they still get all the nutrients?? Could they spread disease or parasites by licking us?

I don't think so but this is becoming a little bit of an issue lol something new to argue about laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Ok so I FINALLY took A step..

Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 10:38pm PST 
Thanks for the responses!

Koi (cat) is about 90% raw during the holidays because there are days that I work 9-12 hrs. So for those BUSY days I give her half of a cup of dry (Wilderness/Origen). Most of it is still there when I get home and she is SCREAMING like I starved her for a week. Sucks but it's what I have to do. Besides that she is all raw. Two months strong!

Woody's is an awesome store. They grind up their meat. Some with bones, wings, organs etc and some with supplements (salmon oil, flax oil, etc) and meat that is cooked. Google Woody's Pet Deli in MN if you want to check out what they have.

Where do alot of you get your raw from? Is it like an ACTUAL chicken thigh that you have to grind up yourself? Do you give your pets the entire piece of meat? Do you do a meal of organ meat?

The lady said that mixing kibble and raw together works differently with each dog. Some can handle it while other get upset stomachs from it. So far mines have done well. My neighbors think I'm crazy for watching my dogs crap so closely lol

I still have ALOT of research to do and questions to ask. Thank you for your patience big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 6:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > Ok so I FINALLY took A step..

Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 8:25pm PST 
Hello all! I have been watching the forum for a long time and I FINALLY too a step towards the raw route. Starr (Lab mix) is 90 lbs and Pisces(Poodle)is 13 lbs. decided for now that I will feed my kids 50% Raw/%50 kibble. The kibble being Blue Wilderness/Origen mix. I went to Woody's Pet deli (Raw/cooked food store in MN) and bought raw grinded up Cornish hen and chicken. I calculated total cost in PET food alone will be about $171 for 2 dogs and a cat. All 3 are on a glucos/chond and fish oil supplements. I think it's worth a shot. Is this typical for most of you?? Excited to try it!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 6:05 pm

Grooming > Foam bath for dog!

Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Sat Mar 20, '10 7:56pm PST 
Hello! So my mom had to bright idea that seems to work well! During one of my weekly brushings she decided to use my cat sister's Blue Botanicals foam bath on me! She used a soft slicker against the grain to brush it in, then a Zoom groom. After all the brushing she took a sopping wet wash cloth and rubbed it on my coat. Quick brush with the slicker and I felt like a new dog! I'm super soft and fluffy afterwards! Cut back on the shedding as well. Something fun to try!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 20 7:56 pm

Labrador Retriever > What your Lab has eaten...
Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Wed Oct 7, '09 10:26am PST 
This is my first lab but I have heard COUNTLESS stories of what Labs have gotten into. Besides garbage diving what are some of the memoriable items your dog has eaten? Starrs list included..

Mussel shells
Cans (chewing on it like a bone lol)
And recently (yesterday) half a pound of assorted Hershey's candies. Wrappers included
Cat toys/mice (licks them up like a treat lol)
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 11:33 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > What do you stuff your dog's Kongs with?

Starr

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 5:25pm PST 
For Pisces (5 yo Poodle) I use a mixure of canned Natures Recipe, chicken chips, peanut butter, greenies smart biscuits and Nutro's blue berry treats. For Starr (7 yo Lab x) I use Nature recipes canned, 3 senior Gluc/chon treats, chicken chips, greenies biscuits and peanut butter. Then FREEZE! They love it! Plus, it keeps them busy for an hour! Just wonder what everyone else does?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 6:21 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.