GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Australian Shepherd > Do any Aussies have natural bobtails?
Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 2:33pm PST 
I've had Aussies for 20 years and they can be born with bobtails. It used to be about 50-50 but that may have changed due to breeders' preferences. Many good working stock dogs were born with bobtails and if they had back problems it didn't affect their ability to work stock!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 10:46 am

Australian Shepherd > Is it normal for my aussie not to chew on things???
Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 2:26pm PST 
My first Aussie JP wasn't much of a chewer. Clancy likes to chew, though. On a normal day, he will spend 30 minutes to an hour chewing a rubber bone or chew toy - 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there and be satisfied. I think it just depends on the dog. He also loves to play ball and my other one could take it or leave it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 2:26 pm

Australian Shepherd > Calling All Aussie's

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 2:14pm PST 
Cherry Hill, NJ
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 6:57 am

Australian Shepherd > Aussie and tv

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 2:13pm PST 
Oh, yes, Clancy watches TV. And my first Aussie, JP, watched TV. My friends didn't believe me until they kept JP for me one weekend. There they were - all in the family room - when he got up and started barking. Their two goldens looked around like "What's going on? I don't know why he's barking, but maybe we should too!" And they all started. My friends nearly died laughing they said it was so funny. They never doubted my TV watching dog again!

Clancy knows every commercial. Comes flying into the room when he hears the Beneful one and barks at the dog and the dumb toy! I can never watch a dog show, a rodeo, jumping competition, etc. without earplugs but it's worth it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 2:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Ideas on a grain inclusive fish based kibble with protein higher than 22%?

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 1:38pm PST 
Mazzy, Blue Buffalo also introduced a large breed fish and oatmeal formula. I know there is no chicken meal in it and I don't think there is any chicken fat or chicken flavor. If you like Blue but can't eat the chicken this might be a good alternative.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 1:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > When should stores get the new Blue formulas?
Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Mon Mar 1, '10 10:32am PST 
This is in reply to Quincy. The protein % changed in Blue's Wilderness - dropping from 42% to 34%. They had to cut out some of the meat proteins to do this but then added two new flavors - salmon and duck. So now there are three Wilderness no grain formulas - Chicken, Duck and Salmon. If you want all three of the proteins, just buy the smaller bags and mix them smile

We are trying the duck right now and my guy really likes it!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 2 5:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > AvoDerm

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Mon Feb 15, '10 9:53am PST 
Blue just introduced a large breed fish and oatmeal formula. While not a puppy formula, it does seem to have the protein, fat and calcium percentages you wanted. You may want to supplement the glucosamine/chondroitin.

Here are the specs:

Deboned Whitefish, Peas, Oatmeal, Whole Ground Barley, Menhaden Fish Meal (natural source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Flaxseed (natural source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Fish Flavor, Whole Potatoes, Tomato Pomace (natural source of Lycopene), Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Dried Egg, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Garlic, Alfalfa Meal, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Turmeric, Chicken Fat (preserved naturally with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Chicory Root, Oil of Rosemary, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Salt, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus faecium.

Crude Protein 26.0% min
Crude Fat 12.0% min
Crude Fiber 5.0% max
Moisture 10.0% max
Calcium 1.0% min
Phosphorus 0.9% min
L-Carnitine* 100 mg/kg max
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 1.0% min
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 3.0% min
Glucosamine* 400 mg/kg min
Chondroitin* 300 mg/kg min
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 4 9:10 am

Food & Nutrition > Blue - dog food brand, any good?

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '09 7:59am PST 
Blue Buffalo is a great food. They make a chicken and brown rice puppy food and a lamb and brown rice puppy food. Real meat, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, lots of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. My Aussie has been on the Adult lamb and rice for 5 years and looks terrific. I would recommend it (and have) to anyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 1:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are good foods for sensitive skin and sensitive stomach?

Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 8:06am PST 
Blue Buffalo's fish & sweet potato works well for dogs with sensitive stomachs and sensitive skin. They also have a new fish based product called Longevity. Don't know much about it, but it might be an option.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 24 12:53 pm

Australian Shepherd > does your aussie like water or is the internet right????
Clancy

Ball fixated!

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 9:27am PST 
Clancy loves the water! Well, not baths, but anything resembling a puddle smile When we go to the dog park, his favorite thing (next to the ball) is running down the hill and jumping in the creek--over and over. Oh, and he likes to go in our puppy puddle -- the kiddie swimming pool-- when it's really hot out!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 10:11 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.