Postings by Cooper

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Dog Health > Cooper is limping and shaking!
Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 10:47am PST 
I never updated, I'm terribly sorry!! And I know it's been quite a while so I'm not sure you will see this, but Cooper is doing just fine. He had a mild case of intervertebral disc disease (IVDD) in his neck. We just loaded him up on steroids and restricted him to two weeks of crate rest. We believe the disc in his neck healed for the most part! Since then, we have just been careful about letting him jump up too much, but he has been a very happy doggy! Thank you for all of your support!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jun 22 10:47 am

Dog Health > My dog keeps throwing up! It's been going on for FOUR years!
Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 3:15pm PST 
Cooper turned 4 back in December and he has always thrown up, on a daily basis. He gets fed four times a day because two of them he always throws up. He is on Blue Buffalo, used to be on Purina. When we switched, he stopped throwing up for the most part, every here and there he did, but now he throws up, three, four, up to FIVE times a day! Sometimes is phlegm, sometimes it's, sometimes it's food.

I'm only fourteen, so it's so hard for me to get through to my parents! Every time I tell them that it's NOT right that he throws up like that, they just say it's because "HE ATE TOO FAST"! It's not fair, and I feel so bad for Cooper because I feel he is dehydrated. He throws up water and then goes over to drink more.

He is a French Bulldog so sometimes they do have nasal/palette problems. If he has that, sometimes surgery is $5000, and we just can't do that. frown

He is such a happy dog, perfect healthy weight, but I just don't want him feeling uncomfortable. Please help!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sam, Apr 7 12:20 pm

Dog Health > My 9yr. old dog seems to have weakness in his legs

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 3:27pm PST 
Cooper just went to the vet today for that issue!
You described everything that is worng with Cooper. Except Cooper is only 4. cry

At the vet, they did blood work to check for heartworm, lyme disease, echilichia and anaplasmosis. All came back negative so Cooper is on anti-inflammatory pills for his hind legs which seemed achy/irritated to the vet, and he is also on medicine for his small fever he had.

If gets worse, the next visit is for x-rays. The vet didn't want to take them though this time. shrug

Best wishes from our family hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jan 17 3:27 pm

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 3:19pm PST 
The vet didn't say much!

Cooper got tested for Lyme, Heartworm, Echilichia, and Anaplasmosis.
Nothing came back positive but the vet said there was definitely some irritation in both hind legs.

He is on anti-inflamatory pills and pills for his fever which he had.

This is just the start of it.

If it gets worse, we are back to the vet!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jun 22 10:47 am

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 11:48am PST 
Thank you hug
I'm so nervous this is not the dog I know, he isn't really letting me look at his gums, but they are sort of pinkish pale. I can't really see.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jun 22 10:47 am

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 11:44am PST 
Not eating or drinking. Pooped and peed around 12-12:30 EST. I haven't taken his temperature or checked his eyes, he is in so much pain. Leaving in 15 minutes, I don't care if the appointment is at 3:30 EST.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jun 22 10:47 am

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 11:36am PST 
A few days ago, maybe 2, Cooper was kind of limping but he has done it before and usually recovers. Well last night when I let him out before bed, he slowly when down the stairs and up and usually he sprints. This morning I went to let him out of his crate and his eyes looked heavy and he didn't even want to go outside. When he did, again he slowly went down the stairs and slowly came back up. Now he is shivering so bad and laying on his side. He can't seem to get comfortable and my heart goes out to him. I made a vet appointment and it's in an hour but until then does anyone have any ideas?!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Jun 22 10:47 am

Small Dogs > breed?? no idea

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 2:48pm PST 
Eyes definitely look like a Husky! So beautiful!

The ears and coloring look like a some type of Shepard.

Maybe some more pictures could help!!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Moro, Oct 29 9:30 am

French Bulldog > My frenchie hates being confined in any way is this normal?

Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 10:02am PST 
This happened to us for such a long time!
Cooper, however, is fine with his crate, he loves it!

The leash though: Cooper didn't like the whole fact of something going around his neck (his collar). He felt very violated and very scared when we tried clipping the collar around his neck. Once it was on, he was fine! After seeing many picture of frenchies wearing harnesses, we tried that. He absolutely LOVES the harness! I don't know if you already use a harness, but if you don;t, I highly recommend it. It fits their breed much better, and is comfy! It's super easy to get his leas on because the clip isn't up by their neck. Another thing, is that frenchies don't walk in a straight line, they drift. So the collar seems to choke them, while the harnesses seems to keep them in place.

I hope this helped! Good luck with your frenchie! hugwave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Oct 3 10:02 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Drawings
Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 5:26pm PST 
OH MY DOG! big laughhail

That is such a beautiful drawing of Cooper!

I get a good workout after chasing him around the house 5 billion times a day!
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Milo, Aug 10 8:34 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.