Postings by Reyna

GO!

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying
Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 4:13am PST 
So far she has outlived the vet's predictions and does not appear to be slowing down. She was given 3 weeks to live, and on Wednesday the 16th, she will be at 5 weeks. The 18th is her 5th birthday.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Apr 22 4:09 pm

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 5:44pm PST 
Thank you everyone.

Last night, she had a much better night. Only up once, and that was to pee, and otherwise good. I tried to give a full description of everything that happened to get us to this point, but Dogster kept telling me it wasn't g-rated, and I could not for the life of me find what was wrong with it. At any rate, please just pray or send positive vibes for her comfort until it's time to go. It was so hard seeing her in pain, and struggling to breathe.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Apr 22 4:09 pm

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '14 8:47am PST 
My sweet, sweet baby girl, Reyna, was diagnosed with lymphoma last week. It is in her chest cavity... She had a tumor on her heart that ruptured, causing hemorrhagic effusion (pleural effusion filled with blood). We had to do an emergency procedure to tap her lungs so she could breathe.

The vets don't expect her to last more than a few weeks. Now it's just comfort measures. She's had a rough few nights recently, but during the day seems semi-okay.

Just pray for myself and Bam-Bam. I'm utterly shattered. I've never been in "this place" before, and it's hard to deal with. I always thought Bam would die first, he was the one who was so sick as a pup. I never expected my baby girl may not even make it to her 5th birthday on 18 April.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Apr 22 4:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > new orijen not going over well here

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 3:10pm PST 
Reyna is a mess. She's tore herself up with itching, her coat is dull, it is just not working for her. A few min ago I noticed blood on her back toes... upon checking, she's scratched one of her nipples bloody. My poor girl.
Bam is doing okay on it, but nothing great.
I'm gonna put Reyna back on raw right away and then Bam when we get back from our cruise at the end of the month...
My poo girl frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mulder, Apr 11 8:04 pm

Dog Health > one thing after another

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:33pm PST 
I just need some reassurance and advice right now. A few days ago Reyna started intermittently limping on her right front leg. I kept her quiet, have checked it a million times for scrapes, cuts, bites, etc and cannot find anything. And in fact, she doesn't give pain signs when I move her joint or put pressure anywhere. Today, she has gone to totally non-weight bearing.

Now, this is where me knowing so much makes me a paranoid mama. Reyna has intermittently limped on that leg since summer. Never non-weight bearing and never lasts more than a few days. When we moved into this house, she ran the fenceline with the neighbors dog, but abruptly stopped. I thought they had worked something out. Now it's occurring to me that she may have been hurting and that is why she stopped, even though she wasn't limping.

Of course, it's perfectly plausible that she injured herself somehow, although nothing is ever connected to the limping that I'm aware of. The fact that she's a 4 year old female giant breed experiencing intermittent limping that has progressed to non-weight bearing obviously has me thinking the worst thing that it could be. Especially when my mind goes rewind and connects the dots.

I really can't afford an emergency visit after Bam's bloat incident and having just paid for a cruise. She will have to wait til Tuesday. In the meantime... other than keeping her quiet, what can I do for her? I had to help her lay down earlier and I'm so afraid of her compensating so much on her other leg that she screws it up. Also, I caved earlier and gave her a single dose tramadol. I'm not sure if it helped the pain, but she's completely loopy which is just as fine because it means she is quiet. Is there a way to rig something so I can help her move? With it being a front leg, it's difficult. Any advice to get me to Tuesday would be appreciated...And of course any reassurance...

She's just being so sad.

Oh, and not sure if it's relevant but her tailbase swelled really bad one day last week. She could only wag it to one side. I later assumed an allergic rxn to the chicken/rice I'd given her the day before because she had an upset tummy and went off her food... not sure if that's coincidental or relevant...

My poor sweet girl....
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Feb 17 9:15 am

Dog Health > swollen, bothersome tail?
Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 5:39am PST 
Last evening I noticed that Reyna was not holding her tail the way she normally does and in fact would almost "flag" it the way a female dog in heat does. But, she has not done this in the several years since she's been spayed.

This morning, I noticed her kind of fussing over it. Licking it, chewing it, and she whined at it once. I took a closer look... The skin is a bit pink from her fussing, but what concerns me is that there was a noticeable lump. This lump is above where her glands would be, and somewhat to the right side of the tail. It also feels like it might slightly attach to her body.

I'm considering the possibility, that despite it being above where her tail glands are, it's possibly an allergy. The dogs have been on kibble for a few months now, so it's possible that it's an allergy developing.

I'm just worried about that lump on the side of the tail. Is it possible for a dog to strain a muscle there or otherwise damage it? We have a neighbor dog that Reyna likes to run the fence with and they run HARD, so maybe she whacked something?

Any other ideas?

Also, the lump/lop-sidedness of it is actually visible, at leas to me as someone who knows what she normally looks like. I tried to get a pick this morning but she wasn't too thrilled about me checking that area out.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tessie, Feb 11 12:39 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw and kibble at the same time?

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:40am PST 
I'm of the thought that raw and kibble mixed together should not be a problem for the average dog. Just a few days ago I spoke with the nutritionist of a major pet food company that does NOT produce raw but produces high quality kibble (he's a friend of mine) and he said there is absolutely no reason raw and kibble can't be mixed, but, like everybody else said, know your dog. Some dogs may do fine, others may really struggle.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 12 7:35 am

Food & Nutrition > Grain-free better for dog's teeth?

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 12:25pm PST 
"Grain-free does not necessarily mean low in starches and sugars"

Hence why I added in there the phrase "higher meat kibble." wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Farley, Jul 21 6:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain-free better for dog's teeth?

Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '12 3:07pm PST 
Theoretically, maybe. Dogs don't produce salivary amylase, which is the enzyme that begins breaking down starches/carbs in our mouths (chew a cracker for as long as u can, the sweet flavor you get is the salivary amylase doing its job. So for dogs eating kibble, it's like us eating a chip n it getting in our teeth..Z. Except our saliva begins digesting it, our dogs does not. Soooo, theoretically a higher meat kibble may be better for dental health. Soaking kibble do they don't have to crunch it, offering daily chews, teeth brushing, feeding canned and or raw have also been said to help. My personal experience is w raw and I have a 3 yr old n 4 yr old whose teeth are like puppies.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Farley, Jul 21 6:06 pm

Dog Health > Collar scare...
Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 6:07pm PST 
The disgusting smell is her anal glands. She probably expressed them in panic.

Glad everybody is okay. We've certainly had collar horror stories on here before. My two go naked unless on a walk or out and about. And I get collars that have like a snap hook rather than a buckle...Buckles scare me because you have to tighten them before you can loosen them.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Paisley, May 29 6:23 pm

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.