Postings by Holly

GO!

(Page 1 of 126: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > puppy puppy puppy!
Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 6:19pm PST 
So one of my client's dog had puppies. Not a reputable breeder by any means. I started out going over to help her handle the mom after she gave birth and this has evolved into me stopping by almost daily to help her bottle feed them. Mom's struggling to feed all of the puppies.

Anywho, I was doing this just out of concern but she offered to give me one of the pups for my troubles, and there is one in particular I'd love to have. So I asked her to keep that pup with mom until 12 wks of age at least.

All my critters are raw fed. When should I introduce raw to her? I was toying with the idea of mixing ground beef into the formula when they're around 4 wks old. Or is ground beef a bad idea to start with?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Holly, Mar 5 6:19 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Injured Beagle Union County IL
Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 6:40am PST 
I think he's going to be okay! They're talking to another vet to see if his leg can be saved and he's then off to a rescue!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 31 7:45 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Planning to Start an Akita Sanctuary -Where to start?

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Fri Dec 30, '11 7:34am PST 
I don't have time to read through all of this just yet, but I just started a TNR rescue for feral cats. I could probably help with the paperwork part of it. That's the worse bit!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Feb 8 11:49 am

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 6:00pm PST 
He's going to have a leg amputated, it was broken in 3 places. He still needs to be pulled by a rescue. Not sure how much has been pledged to him at this point. I'm sure it's more than $100 now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 7:45 am

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Wed Dec 28, '11 7:27pm PST 
He's in the county animal control. 1-2 yrs old. They think he might have been hit by a car but it's an older injury.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=160486310723997&set=a.12 9579443814684.21186.129477153824913&type=1&ref=nf

That's the FB link for him. He's got a $100 pledge for the rescue that takes him. Rescue only though.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 7:45 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Child with autism
Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 4:13pm PST 
Thank you. That's a lot for me to look into. I appreciate it. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Dec 16 7:54 pm

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 1:09pm PST 
Sorry, I just realized that it depends on state.

I live in IL but she's an IA resident.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Dec 16 7:54 pm

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 12:28pm PST 
I've been trying to get enough experience to get my CPDT-KA and I had someone approach me about training a dog for their daughter with Autism. Apparently they've tried other trainers in the area but none of them are willing to do it.

I'll be honest, I'd love to. I really would. But I cannot have another dog in my house and they can't have one where they live. Is an SD in training protected under the same laws as well?

I told her I'm interested but need to do more research on it. I also told her it maybe a long journey as not all dogs are up for the job. How would a dog be chosen for this? Is there certain things I should look for?

Any help would be appreciated very much. We're in IL.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Dec 16 7:54 pm

Behavior & Training > Don't you hate it when...

Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 1:12pm PST 
Fenrir...Greyback?!
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Samson, Dec 20 4:28 am

Behavior & Training > Don't you hate it when...
Holly

google Marc- Emery!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 12:11pm PST 
bol!

I was talking to some shelter people I volunteer with, they brought up MSN and I said that was silly. Irresponsible people won't bother with it anyway and mentioned that I've had unaltered dogs that never had an opps litter because I managed them. Which they scoffed at and replied with "Well glad YOUR dog doesn't act on INSTINCT but..."

laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by Samson, Dec 20 4:28 am

(Page 1 of 126: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.