Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 577: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '14 1:23am PST 
Wow, Moosemom (love that titlelaugh out loud) That's a crazy story! Hope all goes well.

I've had plenty of those long line mishaps. Only had a bit of whiplash and Sanka once gave me a nasty rope burn on my hands. But nothing compares to your story!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Aug 24, '14 3:19am PST 
Hey all.wave

Busy, busy, busy, so haven't been around much. Need to read back a few pages and catch up, but the internet is being slow right now.

Toto, that is so unfortunate! I would be so scared if the dog I was with just collapsed like that.

Good luck on the move Twister! That is a big change. Formal college wasn't for me, but I've been getting the hankering for trying some more vocational classes.

Kato killed my last too guineas. I swear it was him getting back at me for going on vacation without him. Perfectly fine with the birds until we get back from vacation. Killed one right in front of me. The jerk! Managed to find someone with some older guineas since I didn't want to bother with the younger ones again and got some more. Needless to say, Kato and the guineas won't be left alone together.

Was excited for an adoption event today because it's in a town I really like. Was there for about half an hour when it just started pouring. We were the only rescue without a tent, so we had to scramble. And with Honey being a bit reactive to other dogs, I had to find my own place to stand. Ended up standing under a little shelter with a guy and his pug. Pugs are expressive in general, but this pug did NOT like all this rain. Was so funny seeing the guy trying to get his pug to run in the rain to their car.laugh out loud

Anyway, had to call it quits early because the rain stuck around. Honey didn't really get any good exposure either. She takes a while to settle down and not be so barky, so I have to keep her a little bit away from the stand.

Anyway, hope everyone is well.
[notify]
» There has since been 72 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '14 7:10pm PST 
Uh oh Sonja, hope you didn't catch something!

Ty, Sanka was Kato's favorite toy for a long time. He grew out of it and Sanka perked up. Puppies are ornery! Hopefully they all enjoy themselves on your holiday!

Ugh, lost a guinea. Absolutely no idea what happened to it. First day I let them out all day without me there and one is gone. It was my favorite one. Named it Orange Beak....because it was the only one with an orange beak lol. No feathers or anything showing any attack. Can't find a carcass either. I suspect either a bird or that darn bullsnake got it. Haven't seen the bullsnake, so I kind of don't think that was it. Kato was out there with them, so I doubt any fox or coyote got them. Kato doesn't eat what he kills, and if he got one, he'd go after the others. So I guess a bird of sorts got it. Which I didn't think birds were going to be an issue during the day because I really don't see any. Owls at night I worried about, but I coop the guineas up at night.
[notify]
» There has since been 149 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '14 7:04am PST 
Yay for the pool! I'm sure they'll love it!snoopyblue dog

Sarah, I agree on the communication thing. We do a lot of communication via facebook. The group page plus tagging people just makes it so much easier to make everyone aware. But many of the fosters aren't on it, which means people have to take extra steps to contact them, even for one little question. It will literally take days to ask a foster if a dog is good with cats just because they aren't as connected.

My place has gone to the birds. A wood duck had been nesting in a tree by my house for some time now. Well, this morning, the babies started popping out. They just fall out of the tree. Such a funny site seeing these tiny things fall from such a great height and be perfectly fine.

But, of course, they pop out right when the dogs are outside. Honey was on the tie out and Kato was off leash. Kato ran after them, and Honey followed Kato. Ran so fast she snapped the line in 2! I yelled at Kato to get him to stop then put both in the fence. But then 2 ducklings waddled into the fence and Kato got them. I was so angry at him! I had told him several times to leave them, but he still went after them. So, 3 left. Two went into the beans and one just seemed a bit confused. Moe then came out and started messing with the ducklings. So I had to corral him. All while needing to leave for work. Had muddy cat prints on my shirt, so had to change. It was chaotic. As I was leaving for work, the mother duck was standing in my lane. Hopefully she'll hear the babies chirps and get to leading them to the water.
[notify]
» There has since been 163 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 1:32pm PST 
Glad your foot is feeling better L&M!

Ty, hope Tyler and Missy get well soon. I was told Sanka years ago had a mild case of KC, and it cleared up after a couple of days. Cash looks full grown!

Yay poodle puppy! Sorry to hear about the chickies. Darn raccoons!

Sarah, so sorry to hear about the foster. Hopefully someone will step up and take one soon. Tough to have that many in the house.

Had a laugh about your post.laugh out loud People make fun of me for wearing pants in the summer. There's a reason and you found out the hard way lol! I usually just follow the animal trails in the grass if you can find any when I get off the beaten path. But I have found myself in similar situations, thinking I can make my own short cut. I did it yesterday in the woods behind my house. Tried going through a thicker part as I thought I saw a path. Nope, nope, nope. I couldn't find my way back out, and I'm convinced the mosquitoes there are enraged by the smell of deet because the bug spray did nothing! Swarmed by mosquitoes and lost in some thick woods...not fun at all!

Learned last week that the peacock Kato attacked died.frown The neighbor said not to worry about it. They're used to losing birds to the wildlife. Still, feel bad about it.

Let all 4 guineas out the other day. I stayed by and watched them. They found a spot of dirt and just had the time of their lives taking a dirt bath. So, I decided to make them a little dirt bath for their coop as they're still too young to be completely free range. Found an old garbage lid, filled it with sand and dirt and put it in the dog crate that I've been using as an extension to give them more room. Well, they're afraid of the garbage lid and don't go in that section anymore. *facepalm* Put lots of yummy treats there, but they haven't touched it in days. Goofy birds.

Had somebody seriously interested in Honey at an event on Sunday. Fingers crossed they fill out an app for her!
[notify]
» There has since been 173 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '14 1:40pm PST 
Had a crazy morning yesterday.

Walked the dogs and was walking down the road by my neighbors...the ones with the peacocks. Well, one was in a tree that hung over the road. It was too big for the branch it was on and it FELL out of the tree! Landed with a thud right in front of Kato. And Kato attacked it! The bird was almost as big as him. I never thought he'd do something like that to a peacock. I got him to stop, but he had injured it. Mind you, I also have Honey with me. It was still alive, and I didn't want it to suffer and just leave it there, so I picked it up and had to walk about a 1/4 of a mile to get to their drive, which is also a long walk.

Got a funny look from someone passing by as I had Honey on leash, Kato off leash, my uncle's dog Junior came out to see what all the fuss was about and I had a peacock in my arms!

The big issue was that they have 4 big labs and a bunch of free range chickens, which meant I couldn't bring Honey up there, so I had to find a tree to tie her up to. Tying a dog up to a tree while holding a peacock is tough! Walked up to their house and see a bunch of cars, the garage door open and the front door open, so I'm thinking somebody is home. They don't have a doorbell, so I knock and holler, but nobody comes. Plus, all their dogs were barking. I'm also strapped for time because I have to leave for work soon and I have no idea what to do with the peacock! The woman's mother lives next door, so I go over there and knock and holler, but she doesn't answer either. I finally just go back, find a nice spot in their yard to set the peacock down and walk back home.

I then find out that I've got a big spot of peacock blood on my shirt, which I literally got the day before and it's for the rescue I'm fostering with. I've been soaking the shirt, but it's not coming out.

I eventually wrote a note, drove down there and taped it to their door letting them know what happened. I'll have to stop by tonight or something to get an update. It was hard to see how much damage was done because of all the feathers. It was all at the tail end, so I'm hoping it will pull through.
[notify]
» There has since been 202 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '14 3:06am PST 
Sarah, any pics of the fosters?

A cast full of dog hair sounds nightmarishly itchy!

Saw Vanilla Ice and 38 Special last night. Was fun. Although, Vanilla Ice kept saying the city's name wrong lol. It was an outdoor event, and didn't say no dogs, so I brought Honey to get her more exposure. I was literally the only one with a dog there, so I felt super weird. But, on the plus side, Honey got lots of attention! She also was PERFECT there!happy dance Seriously couldn't ask for her to behave better. Although, some kids in front of us were throwing a ball around and it flew in front of her face, so she naturally grabbed it. Getting her to let go was a bit of a task, but can't blame her for that! They were dog people, so they just had a laugh about it.relieved

The guineas were super ornery tonight. Been letting 2 outside the pen to get them familiar with what "home" looks like on the outside. They like to stick together, so keeping 2 inside the pen keeps the other 2 from running away. I put them all in the pen at night. Had 3 in and was putting the 4th in when they all decided to rush the door and out they all went! Spent like an hour trying to herd them into the coop. They eventually flew on top of the coop, despite me having the big flap open, and just hung out there. Stinkin birds! Eventually got em all in there though, so they're good for the night. The good thing, I think, is that they would make their happy noises whenever they'd get near the coop, so I'm hoping they view it as home. They're also starting to get the uglies. The fluff on their heads is falling off. Not sure if they'll be uglier during the transition phase or just as adults.laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 208 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '14 1:44pm PST 
Echo....echo...echo...kitty

Moe seems to have attracted a friend...one of the barn cats from a mile down the road. One of those manx cats. That cat makes the most mournful howling sound. I don't understand it. The first night, I thought it was Moe and rushed out thinking he was in pain. Nope, Moe was just chilling watching the other cat, which took off like a rocket when I came out. Second night, I heard it again and looked out the window. Moe again was just chilling there while the other cat, which I couldn't see, made all these noises. Thought maybe the other cat was trying to pick a fight or something. Last night, heard it again. This time, I could see the cat. It too was just sitting there making these awful noises. Wasn't looking for a fight. I went out, it ran away and Moe gave me the biggest look of betrayal. Why do I keep scaring his only cat buddy away!?

Could it be a female in heat? I've never heard such a ruckus, and it keeps coming back. Moe is neutered, so no worries about babies from him, but this cat is driving me nuts!
[notify]
» There has since been 214 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Jul 1, '14 1:38pm PST 
We haven't had many storms this year, so I think the personnel here were a bit rusty. First storm that rolled through was called severe, but it just rained an inch with a few rumbles of thunder. Second storm that rolled through had lots of lightning. After the majority of it passed, I got a message on my phone with a tornado warning. Looked out the window to see if I could see anything. The lightning was so numerous it was practically day. Tried to get more info on the location, but my internet and tv were out. Called the parents to see if they could give me more info. By that time, the sirens started going off and only stayed on for like 30 seconds. The sucky thing is is that I have to go outside in order to get to my basement, and with it still raining and lightning out, I really didn't want to! Plus with the storm mostly past, it just seemed really weird timing wise. Parents told me that only funnel clouds were spotted and it was already east of me, so everything was fine. Had to put the covers over my head to get to sleep because the lightning was driving me nuts!

Guineas are getting big. I think they doubled in size during the day! They walked out of the coop when I got home and were just noticeably bigger!

Ran into my neighbor's peacocks this morning. First time I've seen them. I thought they only had 2, but I saw 4. I didn't know peacocks were such good flyers. We spooked them, and they flew up into the tallest tree and roosted up there.

Going to Michigan tomorrow!happy dance Supposed to be cold though, so I don't think I'll get much lake time. I think Kato will enjoy the vacation the most since he'll have a break from Honey.laugh out loud He tolerates her just fine. They even play together, but you can tell she just wears him out and slightly annoys him. She's an attention hog, so I think he gets a bit jealous too.
[notify]
» There has since been 242 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '14 11:00pm PST 
Glad the kitty is doing great. I would never have a long hair anything...I hate grooming!

I'll see how the guineas do. I like that they're more self-sufficient or so I've been told.

Here's a pic of them.

Yoshi, I don't believe they will get too stunning a purple color. I've never seen the purple adults in person though. Not really a big bird-person, so I'm sure if feathers feel any different from each other. Their feathers feel like...feathers to me.shrug They should be like big chickens size wise. As for holding them...not so much. They aren't too fond of it. More on the "wild" side of things. Trying to get them to eat out of my hand at least so they aren't startled by me.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation Sarah. That long a drive would wear me out too. Have a safe flight home!
[notify]
» There has since been 290 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 1:17 am

(Page 1 of 577: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.