Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 582: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sat Jul 4, '15 5:14pm PST 
Doggy doomsday has arrived!

Kato is the type of dog that would find enjoyment in 120 degree heat. I'll be inside in the AC and he'll be spread eagle in the middle of the yard soaking up the sun.

Watched a foster dog the last couple days. She's a gem, and will get swept up fast. Such a well rounded dog. But, she wasn't spayed yet and went into heat when I was watching her! Never dealt with a dog in heat before. She was good about not messing with my makeshift diaper. It was really only one day, but I felt like everything was completely thrown off. Not sure how people handle that for 6 weeks!

Add to it that I'm watching my uncle's dog, who lives down the road and is an intact male. He definitely was interested in smelling me. He knew!
[notify]
» There has since been 111 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jul 3, '15 4:18pm PST 
Flickahughughughughughughughughughughughughug

At the very least, he was home, with you and all he loved.
[notify]
» There has since been 115 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon Jun 8, '15 4:41pm PST 
I have a soft spot for scaredy dogs. I blame Kato for that. Helping him overcome his fears was so rewarding. He'll always have his moments, but having him come to me for comfort is rewarding too.

I always wanted to try agility or rally-o and things like that, but I know Kato wouldn't like it. He only likes running if he's chasing something. I can't even bike with him anymore because he's so lazy about it. You'd think I'd have a senior dog. He's only 6 and been this way for years!

I'm getting a bit antsy about fostering again. At first a puppy was on my list. He ended up being a bit too spazy, so I had to pass for Kato's sake. Now there are 2 pregnant girls, both scared to death, at a high kill shelter. To make things worse, the whole area has had a terrible dog flu outbreak, which of course is 100x worse in the shelters. So getting them out is crucial! I said I was interested in one. Never dealt with a pregnancy of any type...I keep going back and forth on it. I know I'll have plenty of help and will enjoy the experience, but pregnancies scare me!

We'll have to see how things go. If they test negative for the flu and are ok with cats, I may end up with one. If they test positive for the flu, no matter what, they have to go somewhere without dogs for a minimum of 2 weeks before getting to me...which is the toughest thing...finding someone without dogs to foster.

On an unrelated note, do chickens know to take cover in the coop when it rains or do they just not care? It was storming when I got home, and my chickies were outside making a fuss. They sounded upset. I'm not sure if it was because of the rain or because I was late feeding them. They are getting pretty demanding about food!
[notify]
» There has since been 207 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '15 3:16pm PST 
Fluffy Bunniescloud 9

I'm all for simple, natural ingredients, but all have failed me when it comes to ticks. I pour on the deet when I go out hiking. The sleepless nights feeling the ticks crawl on me in my own bed were too much to bear...so back to chemicals it is. I've been using Nexgard for Kato. Since it's made by Frontline, I didn't think it would work, since topical Frontline never worked on him for ticks, but it is definitely working!dancing

Stormy here. Killing some time on the computer but it's quite uncomfortable since I've got a 50-lb dog wedged under the desk at my feet because he's scared of the thunder. So many other small, cave-like spots for him to hide in, and he chooses to lay on the computer wires.laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 211 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon May 11, '15 7:07am PST 
Yeah Flicka, I know the "max" speed on internet tiers are a joke. You never come close to that. But I'm paying for a minimum of 1.5 Mbs (up to 3 Mbs, yeah, right!). The internet was so slow and crappy, I couldn't even do a speed test!laugh out loud When I finally was able to do one, I was in at 0.22 Mbs.

My birthday is the 13th. A few other relatives have birthdays around mother's day too. So we just get together on mother's day and just have a general birthday/mother's day celebration for everyone. I got a lounger for outside, which I love. I would have to lay in the grass if I ever wanted to lay down outside, but now I don't have to.way to go

Seems Toto and Kato should team up. Kato attacked one of my chickens yesterday while I was out there. Very rarely have I ever yelled at Kato, but I let it all out at him yesterday when he grabbed the chicken. It was weird though...he could have easily killed it. I've seen him do it...once he grabs it, he'll give it a good shake and it's done. But he didn't shake the chicken...just kept trying to grab it. I'm just really confused on how Kato sees the chickens. If there's ever a dog to do revenge killings, it'd be Kato. I swear he gets jealous enough and is smart enough to do something like that. He never shows any interest in them when I'm out there with them. Not even a look. Never riled up about them, even if they're flapping around. Even if I'm inside and he's outside and the chickies are making a ruckus, he doesn't do anything. He's just weird about it.

Thankfully, he didn't kill or do much of any damage to the chicken, so she'll be fine. It was kind of a fluke since I was adding a perch inside their coop and they flew outside the fence, which they normally don't do. They have been getting braver around me though. They won't eat any regular food out of my hand, but I won them over with bread.

Mmmm bread,
[notify]
» There has since been 306 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sat May 9, '15 7:49pm PST 
Happy Birthday Bunny!party

Glad Lily is feeling better too.snoopy Your weather is opposite of mine. Was warm and a bit humid this morning, now it's barely 50, cloudy, windy, and spitting rain. Mother's day looks decent though. Chance of storms, but it doesn't seem like an all day event. Having brunch at my mother's. I demand she make monkey bread every mother's day. Monkey bread is my favorite dessert. If you've never had fresh monkey bread, you're missing out! The store bought stuff isn't worth buying.

I am getting super tired of having to deal with ticks! Nothing seems to work anymore. Topical K9 Advantix was the only thing that did work, but it started losing its effectiveness...would last about 2 weeks, then the ticks were back. Human bug spray for ticks doesn't work. I'm covered in bites. I recently tried Nexgard, a chewable tablet for dogs. Gave one to Kato on April 30th. I'm still picking ticks off him left and right. I can't sleep at night because I've found ticks crawling on me at night. I'm "feeling" ticks crawling on me when they aren't. It's ridiculous. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'll dump whatever chemical on me to get this to stop.

On top of that, my internet speed has been less than half of what I'm paying for. Amazingly, when I contacted the company to give them my update credit info, they got back the same day, but when I complain about not getting what I'm paying for, they remain silent. It's a small company too. About the only satellite internet provider that doesn't charge by data usage, which I HATE! I just sent another e-mail to them. If I don't hear back, I'm going to have to start searching for other companies, which is hard when you live out in the boonies. Internet is always crappy out here, but when you can't even do a google search, it's pointless to even bother with paying for it. I wanted to get rid of the TV and just use netflix or something like that, but I can barely view a photo, let alone stream a video. Clearly, I'm not a happy camper right now!!

meditatemeditatemeditate

Anyway, Happy Mother's day to all!puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 310 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri May 8, '15 8:37am PST 
Yup, Tornado season is up and running. I'd tell you to stay safe Flicka, but I know you're well prepared.way to go

Sick pups are no fun. Cleaning up after them is worse. Hoping everyone feels better.

Apparently, my chickens are 99% fluffy feathers. I built a new gate to their run out of a pallet. Thought the slats were narrow enough that they couldn't get through. Nope, they easily walked through. So I added another board. The spaces are literally 2"x2" squares, and they can still squeeze through them!
[notify]
» There has since been 316 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun May 3, '15 5:15pm PST 
Sorry to hear about Lucas' heart. Glad it isn't a tumor. At the very least, you know you have some more time and know what the issue is. Heart conditions are just the worst. They tend to sneak up on you.frown

Hooray for the barn hunt Sarah! Sounds fun!

Happy belated birthday Bunny! People who rent out pet friendly places are awesome! Seriously so hard to find pet-friendly rent. I don't blame them...because just as there are plenty of bad renters, there are plenty of bad renters with pets! Hope your new renters are good ones.way to go

Had a long week. My neighbor across the road is an older woman who lives by herself. I've always been told she'd be a bit of a hoarder...always ordering things off the TV and keeping the boxes. Well, earlier in the week, she had a fall and my grandfather had to break the door to get in. We found out she isn't just a hoarder of QVC items...she hoards everything. Trash piled 6ft high...god knows what all is in there. Her daughter came to visit her and had to rent a motel room because she wouldn't stay with her mother. The daughter was determined to clean the house, and I offered to help. I went in after she had done a day of cleaning and had a whole trailer full of trash...it didn't look like she put a dent in it. I was only inside about 5 minutes and I felt a constant burning in my lungs for the rest of the day. I've smelled worse...dealing with dogs in shelters and those puppy mill dogs...but this stench just stuck with you.

Seriously, if you've ever seen the show hoarders...where people have narrow walkways amongst the stuff to get from room to room...yeah, that's it. It's sad, because the mother doesn't see anything wrong..started blaming her daughter for causing a ruckus. Definitely tough. The daughter finally had enough and called a professional service and is basically forcing her mother to have them clean her house. She really doesn't have a choice. Either they clean it or the house is condemned. They're starting cleaning tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. I just feel bad for everybody all around.

In better news, I went to an animal swap this morning. Why they have to start at 5 in the flippin morning is beyond me, but I managed to get my butt up and get 4 hens that weren't quite laying. They had obviously been with a rooster...a really rough rooster who pulled quite a few of their back feathers out, so they look rough. They're a bit skittish too, but it hasn't even been a day yet, so I'm not expecting much. They don't leave the coop much, so to get a better look at them, I opened the nesting boxes....and found 2 eggs!dancing

Also went for a hike in my new favorite spot. They rent out the land to ranchers, so you get to hike amongst cows. I was in cuteness overload as there were so many newborn calves! It was so hard to suppress the urge to try to pet them.

There are so flippin cute! (Sorry about the size)
[notify]
» There has since been 329 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '15 11:47am PST 
That's neat Bunny! Kind of how I am...only I can't stand city living. Living in the burbs drove me nuts.laugh out loud Are quail on more the wild side or are they more like chickens?

Speaking of birds, delivered to animal control today, and they had one guinea hen in a cage.big laughlaugh out loud Somebody called it in, so they had to pick it up.

I've been cutting some downed trees into fence posts. Hope to someday soon raise cattle behind the house. Start up costs are too much right now, so I'm trying to save as much as I can...and what better way than free posts? Got 16 six footers...gonna have to start cutting some 8 footers. Probably do that tonight since it is so ridiculously windy, the woods are the only place to go.
[notify]
» There has since been 370 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '15 6:28pm PST 
Do you keep quail as pets? I've seen plenty for sale...just don't know what people do with them.

"Found" one of my chickens. The dogs disappeared and were awfully quiet. Walked around the garage to see the lab eating a chicken. Since there wasn't a ruckus (I was just around the corner), the poor thing was clearly dead when she found it...but it really just adds to the mystery. I had looked quite thoroughly in that spot...nothing. The chicken was quite clean...didn't look buried, but it also wasn't stinky or decayed looking...and for being gone for a few days...it's just odd. I looked around again...didn't find any more. Did notice Kato eating the feathers....so that adds to the list of things that points to him as the guilty one...cleaning up the evidence.

And of course, now the lab, after eating a whole chicken, is wondering why she isn't being fed and is begging for food. Uh, no...I'm hoping she has a tough stomach and keeps it down the whole night. Don't want to add anything to the potential upchuck.
[notify]
» There has since been 372 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

(Page 1 of 582: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.