Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 577: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '14 6:54pm PST 
wave

I like snow too....just not pre-Thanksgiving (American) snow! My grandparent's place in Michigan got 30" of snow already! People are getting tickets for snowmobiling too early (disturbing the hunters). The low for tomorrow is 9 degrees. It shouldn't get that cold in November! I don't even have straw yet. Because the "smarty-pants" who built the addition on the house decided the bathroom should jut out and be exposed, I have to put straw around the outside to prevent the pipes from bursting!

Hope you feel better soon Ty. I'm sure Cash's goofiness helps a bit.smile

Don't know what it is about fire, but I love when we burn the burn pile here. It'll smolder for days. Gets a little eerie peeking out after dark and seeing a glow in the distance. Had nightmares about volcanoes in my yard after that.laugh out loud

Had fun hikes today. Saw a bald eagle about a mile away from my house. A big beautiful one sitting on a deer carcass. I have never seen a bald eagle out this far from the river and rarely see them by the river for that matter. They are just so amazing to see. Then, when out on a trail, we came across the biggest deer I have ever seen. This thing was like part moose. It was HUGE! Didn't see antlers on it either, so it looked like a doe. Whatever hunter nabs that one will feast for years. Finished up that hike by seeing a lovely pair of swans. I occasionally see them out there. Very pretty.

Went for a short hike down the road in the afternoon. My uncle's lab, Junior, came out and joined us. Someone gutted a deer in a field beside the road and the dogs' eyes lit up when they found it. Junior is one of those dogs that when he sees good food, he'll gobble it up and there's nothing you can do about it. So I just walked on while he feasted. When I came back, he was just finishing up the last of it. Had the stomach, which was disgusting. No wonder the deer got caught. It was so full of food it probably couldn't move. Junior ate all the organs. Now his stomach was full. I didn't think he'd make it back home with his big belly practically dragging on the ground, but he did. He's probably in a wonderful food coma right now. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 85 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Nov 9, '14 3:42pm PST 
wave

Animal Control here had adoption events waiving the fee on all adult cats. Nobody took any. FREE CATS! No strings attached either. I wanted to adopt one that I had seen regularly that I knew was there for a long time, but I just don't have room. frown

What does amaze me is how people will not adopt cats through rescue or shelter because they don't want to go through the "hassle." What, filling out some paperwork? If that's too much of a hassle, then you really shouldn't have animals. You do realize you have to feed them...every day?!? It's the most annoying thing about living out in the country. Everybody breeds their animals and everybody gets their animals from the back yard breeders. And no matter what you say, they'll keep doing it.

And while I'm ranting, effing dog fighters busted in the area. I'm not supposed to talk about it as per the staff, but the treadmill, skulls and bite sticks I saw don't lie. I swear, if that case gets no press, I'm going to flip!

Okay, now I feel better. On the bright side of life, had a wonderful hike with Kato this morning.blue dog

Bruce Waynelaugh out loud Boston/Chi mix? Maybe?
[notify]
» There has since been 109 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 5:31pm PST 
Heck, my grandfather had a will and a lot of the funeral arranged and even his death was a lot to deal with legally. He owned farm ground and just transferring that to my grandmother's name was a nightmare! Dying ain't easy!

Tyler, any way to set up a webcam? Not sure what kind of phone you've got, but you could possibly monitor him while you're away with your phone to see how he's really doing and then go from there.

The only tv show I've been watching is Doctor Who. But I've even missed a few episodes. I don't really watch shows right when they air. Usually just watch reruns when I do sit down. Also like Alaska the Last Frontier. Watching that now.

Honey was adopted.cheer Dropped her off Friday. She made it easy for me. Walked in like she was home. Had to coax her over to me to even say goodbye. Got a text from the adopter today. She said her dog and Honey are already getting along great and sharing her bed together!dancing That's big because Honey usually needs some time to get the kinks worked out with other dogs. But that's what we thought with their personalities fitting each other. They're opposites in a way, and just seemed like they'd fit in well. Hoping they'll keep sending pictures. Just love the updates!

Already have plenty of people showing me dogs they want to pull for me to foster, but I know I need a little break. And I know Kato needs a little break. Gonna prep my house for winter and maybe put in a new floor in the bedroom. So, once that's done, I plan on fostering again. Hate pushing things away because time is crucial to a lot, but I just know I'll feel better with some time to relax a bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 167 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Oct 8, '14 2:24pm PST 
The reason we're going ahead with the adoption here is that their dog is mainly nervous in new situations and people. He had never been to this spot nor seen us from the rescue. They describe a loving and non anxious dog at home. We also have a mandatory 2-week separation period where the dogs are kept separate (usually one in a crate). They are able to smell each other and see each other and get used to each other. The owners will get a better feel if it'll be a good fit or not during this period. If they're uncomfortable or don't feel it'll work, we take the dog back.

I think if Honey had a lot of people interested in her, we might have done other meet n greets, but this was the only home that even asked about her unfortunately. Not every home is perfect from the get go. You need time to learn about each other, and we feel that this case has high potential to go well with that time.

Honey had the same barkiness with Kato when I first brought her home. The 2 week separation and joint walks helped tremendously. No quarrels since, and the dog that bit me reminded me a bit of Kato.

No hard feelings towards the dog or the owners. We all knew he was anxious. We all knew we were asking a lot from him. And we pushed him a little too far. Again, didn't help that he was absolutely non-verbal and not very expressive either. Otherwise I probably would have seen that bite coming. But, it is what it is. We'll learn from it, and hope that after all is done that the scaredy dog becomes wonderful friends with miss Confident aka Honey. I know Sanka, who was super confident, always helped calm Kato in stressful situations. Vet trips with Kato now are like torture to him since Sanka passed.frown
[notify]
» There has since been 205 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Oct 8, '14 6:51am PST 
Happy belated gotcha day Bunny! Hope you celebrate many more!party

Hooray Cash! Mr. August *cat call* laugh out loud He looks super handsome. Surprised he doesn't have his own calender. wink

Had Honey's meet and greet last night. Their pittie/boxer mix was super nervous! We were there for about an hour walking around getting the dogs used to each other. At the end, I was showing them Honey's tricks and was told to offer their dog a treat. I got down on my haunches, faced him side ways and opened my hand to offer him a treat. He didn't take it, but I was instructed to pet him a bit to try to get Honey's smell on him since she slobbered all over me when taking the treats (I had pet him plenty throughout the meet n greet and he was fine with it). And that's when their dog, the pittie/boxer, bit me.frown Got my lip and chin. Poor dog was just stressed out. He's one of those dogs that doesn't give an immediate warning so I didn't see it coming, but it was clear from the beginning that he was stressed. Tried to get him to relax, but it wasn't happening.

I felt so bad for the adopters, a mother and son. The son started crying when the dog bit me. Admittedly, I bled quite a bit, but it's nothing serious. We talked it out, and they still want to adopt Honey.

So, I guess at the end of the day, if they take Honey, then it was a success!

Not the best for my first meet and greet, but with limited time, we kind of had to push the button a little bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 212 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '14 2:05pm PST 
I feel like there's a wave of sickness going around. I was sick a couple weeks ago and it seems to just be going through the town. Strange! Hoping you all feel better.

Flicka, airline seats definitely aren't good for the spine. Hopefully not much turbulence.

Super nervous, but I've got an app for Honey!snoopy Problem is they have 2 dogs, one is a pit and one is a tiny poodle! Honey needs a slow intro with other dogs and she's only met one small female dog before. Plus, she's always stepping on my cat, so not sure how she'll do with a little poodle, but we're going to have a meet n greet sometime next week to see how it goes. If their dogs don't give any spunky attitude, she'll fit in great. But Honey gives what she gets, so fingers crossed it all goes well!
[notify]
» There has since been 239 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Sep 23, '14 3:27am PST 
Sarah, where did you go where the corn is still green!?! The farmers are out in force now. Kato has been barking at the tractors out in the field after dark because the lights are so darn bright. It's like a beam through my window. Super creepy when farmers harvest after dark. Those lights creep me out.

But really, that does look like some freaky tall corn. They didn't have like 4 ears on each stalk did it? Wouldn't put it past those GMOs!

Sanka only had 1 tooth pulled on his dental. Didn't bother him one bit. He loved going to the vet. Loved it even more since he got canned food for a bit. I'm sure Bunny is getting spoiled too.smile

Catster seems more screwy than dogster. Keep trying to add Moe. Was going to ask some questions, if there's anybody left over there.
[notify]
» There has since been 260 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '14 1:23am PST 
Wow, Moosemom (love that titlelaugh out loud) That's a crazy story! Hope all goes well.

I've had plenty of those long line mishaps. Only had a bit of whiplash and Sanka once gave me a nasty rope burn on my hands. But nothing compares to your story!
[notify]
» There has since been 309 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Aug 24, '14 3:19am PST 
Hey all.wave

Busy, busy, busy, so haven't been around much. Need to read back a few pages and catch up, but the internet is being slow right now.

Toto, that is so unfortunate! I would be so scared if the dog I was with just collapsed like that.

Good luck on the move Twister! That is a big change. Formal college wasn't for me, but I've been getting the hankering for trying some more vocational classes.

Kato killed my last too guineas. I swear it was him getting back at me for going on vacation without him. Perfectly fine with the birds until we get back from vacation. Killed one right in front of me. The jerk! Managed to find someone with some older guineas since I didn't want to bother with the younger ones again and got some more. Needless to say, Kato and the guineas won't be left alone together.

Was excited for an adoption event today because it's in a town I really like. Was there for about half an hour when it just started pouring. We were the only rescue without a tent, so we had to scramble. And with Honey being a bit reactive to other dogs, I had to find my own place to stand. Ended up standing under a little shelter with a guy and his pug. Pugs are expressive in general, but this pug did NOT like all this rain. Was so funny seeing the guy trying to get his pug to run in the rain to their car.laugh out loud

Anyway, had to call it quits early because the rain stuck around. Honey didn't really get any good exposure either. She takes a while to settle down and not be so barky, so I have to keep her a little bit away from the stand.

Anyway, hope everyone is well.
[notify]
» There has since been 367 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '14 7:10pm PST 
Uh oh Sonja, hope you didn't catch something!

Ty, Sanka was Kato's favorite toy for a long time. He grew out of it and Sanka perked up. Puppies are ornery! Hopefully they all enjoy themselves on your holiday!

Ugh, lost a guinea. Absolutely no idea what happened to it. First day I let them out all day without me there and one is gone. It was my favorite one. Named it Orange Beak....because it was the only one with an orange beak lol. No feathers or anything showing any attack. Can't find a carcass either. I suspect either a bird or that darn bullsnake got it. Haven't seen the bullsnake, so I kind of don't think that was it. Kato was out there with them, so I doubt any fox or coyote got them. Kato doesn't eat what he kills, and if he got one, he'd go after the others. So I guess a bird of sorts got it. Which I didn't think birds were going to be an issue during the day because I really don't see any. Owls at night I worried about, but I coop the guineas up at night.
[notify]
» There has since been 444 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Today 8:44 am

(Page 1 of 577: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.