Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 578: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '15 7:18am PST 
Happy Anniversary Flicka!party

I get the grayed screen too. Annoying to have to refresh the page every time!

6th out of 6 aint bad. At least he wasn't DQ'ed!laugh out loud

You guys can send some snow down here. What little bit we get keeps melting, and it's just been mud, mud, mud!

Puppy Cuteness!

I bought a gate and put that in the doorway to keep Teagan, the lab I'm watching, in the room. It wasn't an expensive gate, but it did have bolts in the door frame and metal clasps, so I thought it would hold. Nope. She bent the clasps and got out. No damage other than that, and she is much calmer when I leave her with full run of the house. So, I left her full run today for work. Filled a kong with Cheese Whiz and left a treat dispensing toy to give her something to do. Hopefully she just doesn't like the confinement and will be behaved with this freedom.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '15 3:53pm PST 
Nine teeth...ouch! Seems like the littles always have the teeth problems. Sanka had one tooth pulled and just thought it was the most awesome thing. He loved the vets and then he got canned food for a week.snoopy

Another question for everyone. I've been leaving the lab in my spare bedroom with the door closed. I had talked to the owners. They said they don't crate her and that she just sleeps on the couch when they're away, so I figured I'd give her more freedom. She did well for 2 days and then...today...she just went bonkers. She ripped the gate off the closet and got to Moe's food and litter box. She apparantly had a field day digging all of the litter out of the box. I know she didn't get too many "snacks" because I had cleaned it out the day before. She also chewed up the bottom of the door. The thing I'm most upset about was she got my headphones for the computer. I had positioned things so she couldn't get to that stuff, but she somehow did.

They weren't top of the line expensive headphones, but they were nice. They're completely unusable now.frown But my question is...do I tell the owners about this? I mean, I risked it leaving her out. They never told me not to crate her either. They always want updates though. I've watched people's dogs before where they had an accident in the house or tore up an old blanket of mine that I put in their crate and never said anything. They were minor and I wasn't watching the dog very long. But I've got 4 months with this lab and I will be crating her when I can't watch from now on. She has a bit of anxiety, which is why I tried giving her more room after seeing her a bit panicky in the crate. Thought it'd be a bit more homey for her. But I can't risk it anymore with her.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 1:41pm PST 
I think some of Sarah's good luck in winning stuff rubbed off on me. The local paper had a contest back in October on who could guess when the first measurable snowfall would be for the area. They planned on announcing the winner in December, but I made a bold choice and decided that the first measurable snowfall wouldn't be until January. Got a call from them today. I won a friggin snowblower!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

And it was just a random e-mail I got. Thought, eh, can't hurt to guess and promptly forgot about it. So I'm going to pick up the snowblower tomorrow and get my picture taken for the paper. I can't stop laughing.laugh out loud I'm going to laugh even harder if it's one of the deluxe models. I doubt it, but it would be hilarious.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 6:53am PST 
Oh no Charlie!hug So do you think if you get the thyroid under control, it'd help with the seizures and other issues?

The dog came from Chicago, so more likely a pit than a catahoula, but who knows.shrug Maybe a straight mix of both.

Hope you're feeling better Sonja! I use a heating pad just cause I like the feeling lol.

I've been feeling like Will Smith from I Am Legend. Lately, the coyotes have been practically in my yard yipping an howling every night! It creeps me out. Haven't been letting the dogs out past 7 because of it. Once the dark comes, I must be in my house! Over the weekend, I accidentally scared a coyote off while I was walking. I like to think he grabbed his buddies and now they're trying to scare me back.laugh out loud

Also, when I was getting the mail last week, I heard the paws of something walking down the road. I figured it was just Kato. Nope, a big ole fox just casually trotted right passed me. I wonder what the heck is going on will these Canidae!
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '15 6:59am PST 
1-week-old pups

Sarah, that's how I am with the rescue dogs. A few have REALLY been mad about being in a crate, but they all eventually settle and learn to deal with it. But the lab I'm watching isn't rescue. I'm watching her for someone in the military being deployed, so she's used to being out and hasn't really been crated. I just wasn't sure since she's experienced so much change. Took a 16 hour drive from Colorado to get here. She's used to being home with another dog and she's really attached to her owner. I went out to eat last night and left her in a closed room. She did fine. I left her out in the same room today with a webcam on. She still takes about an hour or so to settle, but so far so good. She's choosing to be right next to the door and not lay on her bed, but at least she's not barking anymore. Hate leaving the door shut because Moe the cat can't get to his stuff. Couldn't get the gate last night because of the fog either.

Beautiful pic! I bet it was slippery with everything melting. I need to go back to starved rock some time soon! The one waterfall with the big log leaning against it was fun in the summer. I wanted to climb up it, but other people were there lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 6:08am PST 
Hey allwave

Got the lab I'm going to be watching for the next 4 months. She's a plump thing. She's very good, but there is one problem...leaving her when I go to work. She obviously does not like the crate. I set up a webcam for me to watch her and see how she's doing. She is really stressed out.frown She would probably be ok without the crate, but with all the changes that have happened to her recently, I just didn't want to risk it. May end up getting another gate and letting her have the room. I like my small house, but that's one of the drawbacks. I can't exactly close off rooms.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '15 8:44am PST 
Sonja hug

Have to share. The rescue I'm with pulled a pregnant momma who had pups.

Merle Pittie Pups!

Momma
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '15 9:34am PST 
Howdy allwave Long time, no post. Glad to see this is still kickin!

I can't remember who all fosters here, but I was wondering if anyone fosters for multiple rescues. I love the rescue I foster with, but I'm starting to wonder if my dog just doesn't like pitties. frown I will be watching a lab for the next 4 months, so we'll see. I'm thinking maybe pitties are just too outgoing for him? I said I wouldn't foster puppies, but maybe Kato would be more accepting of them.shrug I really enjoy fostering, but I hate seeing my own pup being sad. I give him plenty of me time and hikes with just him and me, but in the house, he never likes being in the same room as the other dog, even though him and my first foster were just fine. And I can say that my first foster was not doing anything subtle to upset Kato. She was really an awesome dog. Kato is just...dramatic. And I had the first foster for 6 months, and he still acted grumpy.

At the same time, I feel like if I foster for another rescue, I would hurt the feelings of the people I'm with now. I've got 4 months to think about it. Any thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '14 6:54pm PST 
wave

I like snow too....just not pre-Thanksgiving (American) snow! My grandparent's place in Michigan got 30" of snow already! People are getting tickets for snowmobiling too early (disturbing the hunters). The low for tomorrow is 9 degrees. It shouldn't get that cold in November! I don't even have straw yet. Because the "smarty-pants" who built the addition on the house decided the bathroom should jut out and be exposed, I have to put straw around the outside to prevent the pipes from bursting!

Hope you feel better soon Ty. I'm sure Cash's goofiness helps a bit.smile

Don't know what it is about fire, but I love when we burn the burn pile here. It'll smolder for days. Gets a little eerie peeking out after dark and seeing a glow in the distance. Had nightmares about volcanoes in my yard after that.laugh out loud

Had fun hikes today. Saw a bald eagle about a mile away from my house. A big beautiful one sitting on a deer carcass. I have never seen a bald eagle out this far from the river and rarely see them by the river for that matter. They are just so amazing to see. Then, when out on a trail, we came across the biggest deer I have ever seen. This thing was like part moose. It was HUGE! Didn't see antlers on it either, so it looked like a doe. Whatever hunter nabs that one will feast for years. Finished up that hike by seeing a lovely pair of swans. I occasionally see them out there. Very pretty.

Went for a short hike down the road in the afternoon. My uncle's lab, Junior, came out and joined us. Someone gutted a deer in a field beside the road and the dogs' eyes lit up when they found it. Junior is one of those dogs that when he sees good food, he'll gobble it up and there's nothing you can do about it. So I just walked on while he feasted. When I came back, he was just finishing up the last of it. Had the stomach, which was disgusting. No wonder the deer got caught. It was so full of food it probably couldn't move. Junior ate all the organs. Now his stomach was full. I didn't think he'd make it back home with his big belly practically dragging on the ground, but he did. He's probably in a wonderful food coma right now. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 220 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Nov 9, '14 3:42pm PST 
wave

Animal Control here had adoption events waiving the fee on all adult cats. Nobody took any. FREE CATS! No strings attached either. I wanted to adopt one that I had seen regularly that I knew was there for a long time, but I just don't have room. frown

What does amaze me is how people will not adopt cats through rescue or shelter because they don't want to go through the "hassle." What, filling out some paperwork? If that's too much of a hassle, then you really shouldn't have animals. You do realize you have to feed them...every day?!? It's the most annoying thing about living out in the country. Everybody breeds their animals and everybody gets their animals from the back yard breeders. And no matter what you say, they'll keep doing it.

And while I'm ranting, effing dog fighters busted in the area. I'm not supposed to talk about it as per the staff, but the treadmill, skulls and bite sticks I saw don't lie. I swear, if that case gets no press, I'm going to flip!

Okay, now I feel better. On the bright side of life, had a wonderful hike with Kato this morning.blue dog

Bruce Waynelaugh out loud Boston/Chi mix? Maybe?
[notify]
» There has since been 244 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 1:00 pm

(Page 1 of 578: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.