Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 572: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 6:37am PST 
That harness is awesome, and some decent prices. May get one for the foster with adopt me signs.

Laughed at the foster failure. I have it set in my mind to NOT do that. But then again, I said I didn't want an indoor cat and I still have Moe. They kept saying how many first-time fosters "fail" on their first foster. I'm going to try so hard not to fall into that category.

Have fun with your sister Tyler.

Natasha, at least they care about recycling. They don't seem to give a crap here. We joke that the garbage truck just drives around the block and puts the recycling in with the rest of the garbage they just picked up. The only reason they started recycling was because people started going with a different company that offered it. It was more a business decision than a care about the environment decision.

Good luck on the new place. Hopefully it's nice and no mold!

I agree with Tyler, Flicka. Get a nice chocolate bunny, the solid chocolate ones, not those stingy hollow ones. Got to eat it ears first though.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 5:33pm PST 
Tyler, what's that harness!?! Do want!

Home check went great!snoopyblue doghamster dancecheer

I really didn't need to do all that cleaning, but now my house is ready for spring.laugh out loud

The girl that came out had never done a home visit by herself, so I was the first. I think she did superb. The only thing, which I knew would happen, was she got a little lost finding my place.laugh out loud She lives in the city, so she's obviously not familiar with the area. But that's okay. Everybody gets a bit turned around trying to find my house.

One thing I've been noticing with Kato is that he is so much more comfortable with dog people. I mean people really used to dogs. He usually barks and is stand offish with most people, even at the dog park. But he not only went right up to the girl with no fuss, but he also was completely fine with her petting him! He even nuzzled her arm! I noticed him doing the same thing with a few customers. Mainly farmers who are used to having farm dogs around. He's completely fine with them. I can tell true dog people from others just through him. Pretty neat.

Now, off to search pictures of dogs looking for foster homes.big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 7:28am PST 
Attic flies only lay eggs in the ground. Then they fly into the attic via little openings and hibernate until warm days wake them up where they fly around aimlessly until they die. Can't do anything about the ones already inside, which sucks. Will have to get on a ladder and start sealing where the house meets the roof and along some windows to prevent it from happening again.

I figured the jonrad link expired. Didn't realize that there was a copy on dogster. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 7:00am PST 
Ellie, the only way I could get Kato to jump off the dock is with the help of a jetski he loved to chase.

Side note, the jonrad site seems to be gone. Here's the cached version you can still use http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SD5o5DZWGikJ:jonrad.com/dogster/forumImage.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Never done fly fishing. Do you use bait for fly fishing? I tend to cast too hard and throw the worms off lol.

Dunlop, the good thing about it is you get to clean your stuff out and may have enough to sell too. I ended up just giving a bunch of stuff to the local church. They take anything and have a yearly sale. They keep all the money, which is fine. I'm just glad they'd take it.

I also made a batch of cookies for everyone that helped. Not a big baker, so I ended up making the cookies way too big, but they tasted great, so it doesn't matter.

Home inspection is tonight, not tomorrow. It got changed. So I was cleaning like mad last night. Didn't eat supper until 9:30. I know they're not going to be worried about dust bunnies, but it's just something that bugs me! Still got to vacuum upstairs. I'm not too worried about the looks up there as it's still "under construction" and there's nothing I can do about it. But I've had a really bad bout of attic flies. Dead flies all over the floor are icky and creepy, so I'd like to get them cleaned up. Hopefully more don't come out after I vacuum.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 6:30am PST 
Ellie, fishing is fun until you catch the fish. Getting the hook out of a slimy and flailing fish is a pain in the butt! Even worse if they swallow the hook. It's pretty funny seeing someone who's never fished before catch a fish though. They're usually flailing more than the fish. smile

Sarah, if I were you, I'd make sure to see the redwoods. My parents went and saw them and sent me a bunch of pictures. I was sooo jealous. That is one place I've always wanted to go.

Poor Thor. He's had a tough winter.hug

Conga-rats on the house Dunlop!hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance Moving is always the worse. You realize how much stuff you really have! But sleeping in the new home for the first time is relaxing! Enjoy the home!

I did hear from the rescue. We've scheduled a home visit for Thursday. Going to be cleaning like crazy on Wednesday.laugh out loud

Kato kept pouting that I wouldn't let him out last night. Good lord dog, it was almost a blizzard out there. You don't need to sit out there. You can hang out inside for a night.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Choosing the Right Dog > I Need Pictures!
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 6:14am PST 
You want the original images or would it be easier to pull them off our dogster account? Either way, you can have Sanka's and Kato's photos.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bosley , Wed 8:55 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 1:12pm PST 
Hooray for Mack!cheer Pretty sweat you had Starved Rock to yourselves. Every time I've gone it's been packed to the gills with people. Too bad you didn't have more time.

Turner, the only good thing I see about Texas is that housing and land are usually cheaper. Which means the dogs may be able to get another big playground!snoopy

Natasha, I LOVE moss as "grass." I prefer walking barefoot when out in the yard, and when I'm in Michigan, I always like hopping on the moss patches. So soft and squishy.cloud 9 Now mold isn't fun. I had mold growing on some of the dog house. Was able to kill it, but it stained the wood permanently. Mold is no fun. Hope you're able to get it under control.

Cash is 20lbs at 10 weeks?!? Holy cow is he a big boy!

My parents have a pool. Can't tell you how many times my dad curses at it. It is A LOT of work. I will never have a pool having seen all the work needed. They're actually switching to a salt water pool this year as it's less maintenance. You aren't swimming in salt water. The salt water creates its own chlorine so you don't have to add any. You'll still be swimming in chlorinated water. They did use a chlorine free cleaner called baquacil, which may be better for pups (Jem!) but it is expensive.

Nicky, baby whales? Is that all baby whales? Aren't some bigger than others? Don't they have different diets? I'd call the company to double check on that.wink

Grandpa taught me how to use one of the tractors. I am not good with big machinery. I just don't like them. Had to use it to move the waterlogged straw bales from my house. I didn't trust myself to get close to the house with the tractor, so I still had to roll the bales down the hill a bit to the bucket of the tractor lol. I'm getting the hang of it. I like to take things slow, but my grandpa always has to go fast. He made me put it in the fastest gear. Gramps, slow it down a bit. I have no idea what I'm doing.laugh out loud

I made a swing from a pallet and hung it from a tree. It's pretty fun. But of course, I got it up just in time for thr big winds. I thought it was going to wrap around the branch it was swinging so high.

Snow in the forecast. My poor flowers. Covered then with leftover straw to help them out. It shouldn't be snowing in April. It's the end of tax season. We should be celebrating in the sun!
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 6:49am PST 
Tyler, I agree with others. Sanka NEVER played with other dogs, but puppy Kato worked his magic on him and got him to play little by little. By far, the worst of it was right in the beginning as Sanka just took all of the puppiness and never told the puppy off, so I had to always referee it, but once they figured each other out and the puppy learned the ins and outs, it was all fine and dandy. It was fun to see the old man throw his huge paws around playfully.

I did get an update from the rescue a few days ago. Said she was just waiting to hear back from one of my references and then will submit her thoughts to "the board". Basically, according to her, everything is looking good and I should have a home check soon. Hoping this weekend.

Left Kato outside at home today. Supposed to be just beautiful, and I didn't want him stuck in a dark office. He pouts about being left behind, but I'm confident he enjoys having the ability to sun bathe.
[notify]
» There has since been 89 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 3:53pm PST 
Ouch, ouch, ouch. Cut my finger on some broken glass. Thought it was just a prick, but when I removed the glove the amount of blood proved otherwise. Went back home to wash it out. It's not horrible, but it's not just a minor cut. I was trying to get all the dirt out (I'll spare the details) and suddenly got very sick to my stomach and was about to pass out. Had to run to the couch to save myself. I'm usually not squeamish about these things, but this one got to me. Messing around on the computer to try to get some more courage to try cleaning it again. Hope I don't need a visit to the doctor.

Yay Jem! Sitting at a distance is tough. I worked on it for a bit with Kato and just gave up. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, but I just could not figure it out.

Ellie, I LOVE when the wind picks up dogs' ears. It's just about the only positive for windy days. That sand looks like it'd hurt from being blown around!
[notify]
» There has since been 116 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 6:24am PST 
Flicka, I feel your pain. My tax return was spent on propane, salt for the water softener and then hiring someone to fix the water softener. I was so excited at buying something fun, but life always gets in the way! Although, weird you're talking about AC when I still have to have my heater running.laugh out loud

Tyler, I bet you can't wait for the puppy! I agree with everyone else on the puppy food. Puppies eat so much!

Turner, the lady I talked with kept saying how they'll match me with a dog that works well in my home. I told her not to because I'd end up keeping the dog.laugh out loud Enjoy your training and days off!

Sarah, hopefully you won't have any colorful poos. Still get shivers down my spine when I remember the time I had to pull string out of Kato's butt.

Rain, rain, rain here. I don't mind. It's better than snow. I knew it was thundering in the middle of the night because both Moe and Kato climbed on top of me for safety.
[notify]
» There has since been 133 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 9:24 am

(Page 1 of 572: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.