Postings by Sanka- I'll Miss You

GO!

(Page 1 of 579: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '15 11:32am PST 
That's what I've found that I liked when I had the guineas. It was just fun to watch them chirp around. I have the fenced area that I had for Sanka. It's not great for other dogs, so with the old dog house there, I'd figure it'd be great for chickies. And the fence will keep out my cousin's dog...who was the one that killed my last batch of guineas. Definitely need to set up some closed off areas to transition them when the time is right. One is almost fully feathered. The lady I got them from said the males were banded, but some bands fell off. Hope the bigger one isn't a male! She said she'd swap it out for a female no problem if it is, so that's nice. I'm not a big egg eater, so I really never buy them. But find I never have eggs when I do need them, so we'll see how the egg thing works out. I know plenty of people who will take some eggs if it's too much for me.

The 10-day weather shows a warm up! So excited! Can't wait to see the chickies outside.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sun Mar 1, '15 5:01pm PST 
Ditto on the grass explanation Flicka lol. And Happy Birthday!!

It costs me around $600 per fill up. I only have a 500gal tank. Usually twice a year is good for me too. I will say, they are pretty quick. I called for 250 gal when I was at 20% and told them no rush. They filled it the next day.

Yay for Jacki Opartyblue dog I don't think you could pay me to go to Disney World. I went to Six Flags a couple of times, which is no where near as crowded as Disney World, and I just hated it. Just not my thing.

Have had plenty of those days Natasha!dog walk

I've been keeping a little secret from everybody....I decided to get chickens! I said I would never have chickens, but I just have a great set-up for it. Just have to build nesting boxes, which I've already started on from leftover wood. Won't cost me a thing. I have 4 barred rock pullets in the basement staying warm. Almost 4 weeks now. Kato is not happy with me.laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Feb 27, '15 12:04pm PST 
That's not good Toto!hughug

I need spring fast...mainly because I don't want to buy any more propane. I swear I just filled up a month ago, and now I'm down to 40% already!! I'm only going to buy more if I'm completely out now. I hate using my tax return on necessities. I want to have a little fun with it!laugh out loud

Transported a big mastiff for a friend and neighbor the other day. Big Head Betty is her name. He has her, a great dane, and then like a retriever mix that he was boarding for the weekend...and with only a prius, he couldn't fit them all in there. Kind of funny seeing a great dane in a prius. He also brought their beds. The bed he had for Betty was almost as big as my bed. Was huge!

More snow in the forecast.frown Only good thing about that is it warms up when it snows. We were just starting to see the grass when it snowed another 3-4 inches yesterday.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 7:25pm PST 
Yay, more dogsters.cheer

Happy New Year!party

Cold here too. Been in the single digits all week. Strangely, the creeks here aren't all the way frozen. That's the only fun thing about the cold weather. Creek walkin!

I swear the lab I'm watching doesn't know how to drink. She's a fast eater and drinker, but even when she does drink slow, she still hacks and coughs when she's done. Drives me nuts!

Anybody have any tips for stain removal from carpet? Kato puked on the carpet. I had fed him rice, so that's what he puked up, but it managed to really darken the spots on the carpet. I tried nature's miracle first. Then had some left over resolve. When that didn't work, I decided the buy the carpet cleaner I've always wanted. That helped, but also made it kind of worse since I just tried a spot clean. Lightened the surrounding carpet, so now the darkened spots stand out even more even though they're not as dark anymore. Would love to just get rid of carpet all together!
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '15 6:28pm PST 
To be honest, I think I still have my furbie. I remember I couldn't bring myself to throw it away....which makes it all the more creepier to me lol. Like it has some mind control over me!

I'm watching my uncles lab, Junior, for the week. They just live down the road, so I'm just letting him out. I just let him out, and I don't know if we're going to get much snow. It is raining like crazy! And of course, old Junior took his sweet time going to the bathroom, so I had to stand out in it. Side note, it is really more difficult than it seems to wipe all the paws of a 3-legged dog. Anyhoozits, it seems like whenever it rains into the night at the beginning of a storm, we don't get much snow. I hope we get snow. I'm tired of mud. The constant freezing and thawing is driving me nuts. A good amount of snow will help change things up. Springtime would be even better. I'm getting antsy, but that's probably because we don't have any snow. Just mud and dark, cloudy days.
[notify]
» There has since been 127 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '15 3:56pm PST 
Dunlop, I don't blame her. Furbies are creepy!

Toto, I have kind of the same set-up as you for windows. I put the film on the inside of the windows. The one on my bedroom window always blows off. Again, that's through 2 windows and it's taped down. A wee bit drafty there. Thankfully, my house never got to 55 degrees!!!eek
[notify]
» There has since been 135 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '15 7:18am PST 
Happy Anniversary Flicka!party

I get the grayed screen too. Annoying to have to refresh the page every time!

6th out of 6 aint bad. At least he wasn't DQ'ed!laugh out loud

You guys can send some snow down here. What little bit we get keeps melting, and it's just been mud, mud, mud!

Puppy Cuteness!

I bought a gate and put that in the doorway to keep Teagan, the lab I'm watching, in the room. It wasn't an expensive gate, but it did have bolts in the door frame and metal clasps, so I thought it would hold. Nope. She bent the clasps and got out. No damage other than that, and she is much calmer when I leave her with full run of the house. So, I left her full run today for work. Filled a kong with Cheese Whiz and left a treat dispensing toy to give her something to do. Hopefully she just doesn't like the confinement and will be behaved with this freedom.
[notify]
» There has since been 146 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '15 3:53pm PST 
Nine teeth...ouch! Seems like the littles always have the teeth problems. Sanka had one tooth pulled and just thought it was the most awesome thing. He loved the vets and then he got canned food for a week.snoopy

Another question for everyone. I've been leaving the lab in my spare bedroom with the door closed. I had talked to the owners. They said they don't crate her and that she just sleeps on the couch when they're away, so I figured I'd give her more freedom. She did well for 2 days and then...today...she just went bonkers. She ripped the gate off the closet and got to Moe's food and litter box. She apparantly had a field day digging all of the litter out of the box. I know she didn't get too many "snacks" because I had cleaned it out the day before. She also chewed up the bottom of the door. The thing I'm most upset about was she got my headphones for the computer. I had positioned things so she couldn't get to that stuff, but she somehow did.

They weren't top of the line expensive headphones, but they were nice. They're completely unusable now.frown But my question is...do I tell the owners about this? I mean, I risked it leaving her out. They never told me not to crate her either. They always want updates though. I've watched people's dogs before where they had an accident in the house or tore up an old blanket of mine that I put in their crate and never said anything. They were minor and I wasn't watching the dog very long. But I've got 4 months with this lab and I will be crating her when I can't watch from now on. She has a bit of anxiety, which is why I tried giving her more room after seeing her a bit panicky in the crate. Thought it'd be a bit more homey for her. But I can't risk it anymore with her.
[notify]
» There has since been 160 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 1:41pm PST 
I think some of Sarah's good luck in winning stuff rubbed off on me. The local paper had a contest back in October on who could guess when the first measurable snowfall would be for the area. They planned on announcing the winner in December, but I made a bold choice and decided that the first measurable snowfall wouldn't be until January. Got a call from them today. I won a friggin snowblower!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

And it was just a random e-mail I got. Thought, eh, can't hurt to guess and promptly forgot about it. So I'm going to pick up the snowblower tomorrow and get my picture taken for the paper. I can't stop laughing.laugh out loud I'm going to laugh even harder if it's one of the deluxe models. I doubt it, but it would be hilarious.
[notify]
» There has since been 165 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 6:53am PST 
Oh no Charlie!hug So do you think if you get the thyroid under control, it'd help with the seizures and other issues?

The dog came from Chicago, so more likely a pit than a catahoula, but who knows.shrug Maybe a straight mix of both.

Hope you're feeling better Sonja! I use a heating pad just cause I like the feeling lol.

I've been feeling like Will Smith from I Am Legend. Lately, the coyotes have been practically in my yard yipping an howling every night! It creeps me out. Haven't been letting the dogs out past 7 because of it. Once the dark comes, I must be in my house! Over the weekend, I accidentally scared a coyote off while I was walking. I like to think he grabbed his buddies and now they're trying to scare me back.laugh out loud

Also, when I was getting the mail last week, I heard the paws of something walking down the road. I figured it was just Kato. Nope, a big ole fox just casually trotted right passed me. I wonder what the heck is going on will these Canidae!
[notify]
» There has since been 167 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mon 6:26 pm

(Page 1 of 579: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.