GO!

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Contests and Vote For Me! > BestFriendBox Review & Giveaway!
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 1:33pm PST 
wave

Hello! We are keeping busy but doing well! Hope you are too! smile

Wanted to bump this is case anyone else is interested, the giveaway ends on October 10th.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 8 7:17 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > BestFriendBox Review & Giveaway!
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 2:11pm PST 
Kitsune & I just had the awesome opportunity to review a BestFriendBox over on our blog.

We are currently hosting a giveaway for one free BestFriendBox, for either a cat or a dog! The contest is open to all US residents and ends on October 10th.

To enter, all you have to do is follow the instructions posted in the rafflecopter app at the bottom of our review post.

Paw Print Pet Blog BestFriendBox Review & Giveaway!

cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 8 7:17 pm

Puppy Place > Working all day - what to do?

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 1:54pm PST 
If you have a neighbor or friend that lives in the area you could try to see if anyone would be willing to stop by and walk Sam during the day? I've done that for my neighbors in the past, when they had new puppies but needed to work.

When Kitsune was a puppy we crate trained him. At first we kept him in his crate every time we left him home alone. When he got older and started behaving better, we eventually started enclosing him in the bedroom rather than his crate. Now he's almost 5 and we can trust him to roam the whole house while we're out.

Kitsune only uses his crate to sleep in sometimes now, he's never closed in it, but I decided not to get rid of it in case we ever get another puppy. I'd definitely recommend crate training, at least until they are old enough to be trusted in the house by themselves.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 30 6:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Deer Antler Question

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Sep 17, '13 11:07am PST 
I've been buying Kitsune antlers for a couple of years now and have noticed that even when I keep buying them from the same supplier, he'll sometimes go crazy for them and other times want nothing to do with them.

The funny thing is that sometimes he'll ignore an antler for months, and then all of a sudden he'll start chewing on it like crazy.

So far, my theory is that it has something to do with the age of the antler. I'm not sure if maybe they get softer or taste better when they are aged a bit?

I only buy naturally shed antlers. There's really no processing involved at all other than cutting them. Kitsune does like the cuts that have more marrow the best.

It could be a different cut (less marrow, less desirable shape, etc), a different type of antler (deer, moose, and elk are all pretty commonly sold as dog chews), different quality (harder, softer), or age.

Even when you buy the same types of antlers, from the same supplier, there is always going to be at least some variation just because of the nature of the product. Unfortunately sometimes the variation is enough to make some chews less desirable to dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 18 9:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Check These Puppies Out! (Jagdterrier)

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 5:08pm PST 
land sharks laugh out loud Reminds me of Kitsune when he was a puppy. He's not a terrier, but him and I were attached at the sock when he was a puppy big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 5:08 pm

Puppy Place > Puppy Coat Color Change?
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 7:10pm PST 
I think it's normal for puppies to change colors as they grow up. Kitsune certainly did!

This was him when we got him, he was 9 weeks old...

Kitsune 9 weeks

Here he is at 16 weeks (4 months)...

Kitsune 16 weeks

And this was him last Easter...

Kitsune 4 years

His fur around his face lightened up a lot as he grew. He had a lot of black fur on his face when we first got him, but now he has a lot less.

I've always loved seeing pictures of dogs as puppies and then as adults. I think it's really interesting to see how they change as they grow. When Kitsune was growing up, I used to take new pictures of him every week so I could look back at them and see how he changed.

Arya is beautiful, by the way!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 11:05 am

Dog Health > HEARTGUARD PLUS

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 3:37pm PST 
I believe that Interceptor is only off the market in the US. I do think it's still available in other countries.

I switched Kitsune to Heartgard and then to Heartgard Plus (our vet stopped carrying regular Heartgard) back when Interceptor first went off the market here. We haven't had any issues with it and so far I've decided to stick with the Heartgard Plus even though Sentinel is available again now.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 5 5:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Does Anyone Know Of Any Online Places That Sell Raw Pet Food?

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 3:16pm PST 
Send the hunters over to NJ! I'm just outside on NY and Kitsune and I see muskrats all the time at our local park. laugh out loud

I think the ethnic markets are more common in cities? If you're ever in the city maybe look for some then.

Have you ever checked the freezer section for fish? One of the stores I shop at sells pre-frozen whole fish for a lot cheaper than the fresh stuff. I buy it for Kitsune once in awhile, but unfortunately he's not all that crazy about fish.

Good luck finding what you're looking for!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 12:25 pm

Raw Food Diet > Does Anyone Know Of Any Online Places That Sell Raw Pet Food?

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 12:01pm PST 
The best place I've found so far for fish is the fish market inside a local Mexican grocery store. We have an Asian grocery store too that has a pretty good fish section as well as other types of meat at (usually) pretty good prices.

I wonder if you could email or call the online supplier that you found that sells the meats you mentioned ground and ask if they could make you a special order of the meats whole? If they do the grinding themselves I don't see why they couldn't send you some whole stuff. If they don't make the grind, maybe they could special order you some whole stuff?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 12:25 pm

Raw Food Diet > Will one bone a week keep her teeth clean?
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 5:03pm PST 
I do two RMB's a week for Kitsune. Plus I still brush his teeth a couple of times a week too. One RMB a week probably wouldn't cut it for him, but like Kolbe's human mentioned I think it depends on the dog and what they are eating. For whatever reason, Kitsune's teeth seem to get build up on them pretty quickly if I don't stay on top of it.

You might need to play around a bit with how often and what bones you use. Good luck! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 5:03 pm

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.