GO!

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > insert pic in post
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 1:03am PST 
Does the JonRadchencko link still work as described here? Because I've tried it but there's NO where to post a url and get a code on that page any more.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 8:52 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Oskar Needs Power of the Paw!
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 9:12am PST 
We are grieving for Oskar, and offering a howl to heaven in his honor. Our deepest sympathies to his person, Dorothy. May all the good people of San Francisco band together to stop this atrocity and may Oskar's true doggedness inspire them to find the criminal.

Oskar, rest in peace dear dog, dance at the bridge and wait for Dorothy. You will be missed. A city is grieving for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 5:36 pm

Food & Nutrition > So You Are Confused By Dog Food

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 2:12pm PST 
Sedona applausehailwave
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 11:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Blue Buffalo vs. Nutro Ultra

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 9:33pm PST 
Last time I had any access to Nutro product info, they were supposed to be discontinuing the use of meniadone (synthetic vitamin K) in their Natural Choice and Ultra lines...but I haven't read their ingredients list in a few months...will go check this weekend.

Gotta read them ingredients labels, eh!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 31 4:20 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Boy did I need the power of paw today

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 6:33am PST 
Dear Dobby, so glad you got through this with the help of your vigilant mom and good vet. I needed emergency surgery for bladder stones about three years ago, they iz very bad things. But now I am okay and the stones never came back after a diet change for me. So you iz gonna be fine I am sure!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 9:42 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > My surgery...asking PPotP for my Cindy
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 8:43pm PST 
So a few weeks ago, Cindy kept staring at me when we wuz out going walkies...cuz for a few days I kinda had loose stool, then for a few days was kinda hard...and she noticed me straining little bit...

And I thought, hoo boy, I know this is gonna get me to the vet for sure. And even though she put me on home cooking and I started being more regular, she said at my age (11 1/2) she had to keep careful eye out for me.

K, so we all know how this wound up...into the vet, and they poke and prod all over your butt (boy I hate that), and my regular vet, who I really do love, says she felt something tiny but hard on my left anal gland.

Geez...next day Cindy has me at a special surgical clinic, and they were OPERATINT ON MY BUTT...yikes...

Cindy said the surgeon called her and said that she and my vet were great "advocates" for me cuz what he found was much worse than it felt...kinda big ugly tumor but it was growing towards my head, not towards where they could feel it easy.

Pathology said it was cancerous. And da oncologist said it was gonna come back. Well...phooey ptooie on that. Everybody pounced on this faster than me on cheese...

And I feel great...beeen driving Barney and Cindy both crazy. But Cindy...well...this was all really hard on her. She hasn't been sleeping so good. Even knowing how fast she noticed this and all...well...she lost my great Uncle Einstein to cancer and her human parents too...

She's kinda scared.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 22 8:57 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Our Angel got her wings this a.m.

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 9:17pm PST 
Dear Angel...you will be dearly missed, just as you were dearly loved...and while anyone would wish for more than 15 months in a loving home, those were 15 months of joy and blessing.

Your spirit and your memory will warm your familiy's hearts forever.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 22 9:49 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Please keep me in your prayers

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:09pm PST 
Good luck Angel! I just had my left anal gland removed...there was a malignant cancerous tumor in it...but acting early, and your momma and your vet acted pretty darned fast, helps tremendously. We hope your momma understands that she has done very well for you on this...she was very observant, she got you seen...

Paws raised to heaven on your behalf...
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 9:31 am

Food & Nutrition > Food Advice

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:49pm PST 
You might want to check with some other Shiba Inu folks about nutrition, too...I'm not aware of any issues specific to that breed but the folks "in the breed" are usually a great reference, and you can probably find info on line.

When picking your food, obviously the ingredient list is key, but what your pup likes is huge. Also check into the availability of your food too...there's some great products out there that can be hard to find, depending on where you live.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 7:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > What should I feed my lab/collie pup?
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 9:13pm PST 
This info was from 2011, but the differences are probably still useful for comparison...for dry dog food

Nutro Max was $1.23 per lb, about $37.00 for the large bag
Taste of the Wild was $1.69 per lb, a little about $49.00 for the large bag.

http://www.dogforums.com/dog-food-forum/92345-helpful-dog-fo od-price.html

Not everyone can afford the higher priced foods. Nutro Max is an affordable alternative for those who want to avoid whole ground yellow corn and meat by products. Dog Food Advisor gave it 3.5 stars out of 5.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/nutro-max-dog-food- dry/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 27 7:53 am

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.