Postings by Sammy

GO!

Labrador Retriever > Dog Food recommendation

Sammy

La Deee Dah

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 6:46am PST 
We use Blue Buffalo for puppies and got it on sale with a 15% off coupon off of www.slickdeals.net. So it was around 38 dollars
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Ruby, Jan 14 7:47 pm

Puppy Place > Trying to get my wife to not take a puppy at six weeks.
Sammy

La Deee Dah

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 9:36am PST 
So is the mother always around the puppy day and night at your ideal breeders? Or does she come and go at certain times of the day?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Monty RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 26 9:26 pm

Sammy

La Deee Dah

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '09 12:03pm PST 
We had done a decent amount of research about breeders and what to look for and my wife and her parents (previous lab owners) only saw positive reinforcers when they visited the breeder. They have many different types of people come see the dogs. They do it because they enjoy having dogs etc. Do you think the 6 week could be an oversight or do you really think they are just trying to make a buck?
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Monty RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 26 9:26 pm

Sammy

La Deee Dah

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '09 10:59am PST 
This is my first post so sorry if I am breaking any ettiquete rules.

So we put down a deposit on Sammy who is now the love of my wife's life. We were planning on picking her up this Saturday (6 weeks old). After reading numerous posts on the need for proper socialization at the time b/w 6-8 weeks, I have now decided to wait on getting her until later. I know a lot of people have said giving dogs at this age says the breeder should be put under microscope for letting a puppy go that early so I will give you a little background. The family is not a professional breeder. They have a purebred lab that they bred with their best friend's purebred who's parent was a purina show dog. The dogs have had a total of 3 litters. They have all the certifications and have a good history of hips/eyes for the parents and previous litters (no complaints from past owners). I have recently had surgery and told her it may be an issue to take the dog this early and she was more than willing to keep her longer. She also has the mother's pedigree all the way back 13 generations back to Great Britain. Here is the text of her classified posting...

AKC registered - champion bloodline - vet checked - health guarantee - dew claws removed - first shots - wormed - well socialized. Colors vary from white to dark yellow. Blocky heads with black noses and pads. Mother is white and father is yellow. Parents on site.

We have 2 females and 7 males. They will be ready to go this Saturday, March 28th. Perfect for Easter gifts. We are currently setting up appointments to view the puppies. If you find one that you would like we can ID the puppy for you. There is a $100 deposit required.

Each puppy comes with a Purina ONE puppy starter kit, Purina ONE puppy chow, treats, rawhide, toys, and an Easter bandana.

The first 2 pictures are of the current litter. Picture 3-6 are of prior litters from the same parents. The 7th picture is of the mom (Abby), and the 8th picture is of the dad (Bullet).

After all of this, even at exactly 7 weeks do you think it is too early to take the puppy? My wife is dieing to get it and we have already bought everything and planned out the day to take her home. I'm sure she wants what is best for our family and the dog but I wonder if 7 weeks is ok.

Thank you for all the help and I'm glad to join the group!
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Monty RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 26 9:26 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.