Postings by Sam RIP BABY 9/3/09

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I thought I was done Crying

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Fri Sep 4, '09 7:23pm PST 
Sam left us on Sept.3, 2009. He got weak in a short time. He fought his kidney disease but then his heart started failing. He stopped eating his treats, and was not able to stand up steadily or walk. He is with grandma and pop pop now. This morning I heard the sound of his tags on his harness as when he shakes. I have his harness by my bed. We all love you Sam. I tried hard to do everything to keep you going, but God called you home. Daisy is missing you too. Our hearts are always going to be filled with love for our angel pets, we never stop crying.little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jake, Sep 7 3:59 am

Get Well Soon > Zipper had emergancy surgery
Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Sat May 23, '09 7:49am PST 
Thoughts and prayers are with you Zipper.hug Lots of hugs from Sam
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kona, Jun 22 9:44 pm

Dog Health > Esophageal Stricture, tube feeding ...

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 7:08pm PST 
Savannah,

I'm glad you are doing better. It doesn't matter how you feed them as long as they eat and are happy. Sam's feeding tube is permanent. He does eat, but I blend his food with medicine for his phosphorus which was high. Sam has a new problem and that is his potassium reached 9, we didn't know that until he started to have seizures and the blood test showed he was at a dangerous stage. For the last 2 weeks he has been at the vets during the day on fluids, I bring his food and they feed him through the tube, we pick him up in the early evening,. His level dropped last week to 6, but then when he was checked on Wed, it was almost 8 again. Our vet is trying to find a way to get it down, there is a drug she may try if it doesn't start coming down on it's own. Sam is a sweet, happy dog, who isn't ready to give up on life, so neither are we. Good luck with your baby, give her lots of hugs from Sam.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sam RIP BABY 9/3/09, May 22 7:08 pm

Dog Health > Esophageal Stricture, tube feeding ...

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '09 2:40pm PST 
My dog has had a feeding tube since Oct. 08. Just today he had to replace it because the other one was getting clogged and food would not pass. He does really well. I blend his food and mix with water and he also gets water and his meds through the tube.It is a lifesaver. Sam was diognosed with renal failure and has been doing good. I hope your baby will be ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sam RIP BABY 9/3/09, May 22 7:08 pm

Get Well Soon > Please say a prayer for Ranger

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 11:21am PST 
Ranger, you are in our prayers. Hope you get well soon and are able to be home where you belong. Lots of hugs for you and your family.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Sisters 3, Apr 18 8:13 pm

Get Well Soon > Please pray for Bandit!
Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 6:22pm PST 
Sam sends lots of prayers for Bandit. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lady Sophie of the Great Hunt, Apr 2 9:18 pm

Get Well Soon > Hi new here. About Sam's kidney failure

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 4:07am PST 
Holly-Day Berry, thank you so much for all the information. I'm going to go on all the web sites you sent me and process everything. Sam thanks you too and sends hugs back.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jun 20 11:17 pm

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 6:43pm PST 
Max is a beautiful baby. I know you both loved the times you had together, and I know he is watching over your family. He and his sister are happily playing without a care.

Thank you for you well wishes for Sam. He has lost so much weight, and I know he isn't ready to give up yet. We love him.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jun 20 11:17 pm

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 12:30pm PST 
Rosie, you are a cutie pie!!

I am going to look into the Nutri Cal. As long as it doesn't contain a lot of protein, that's a good idea to try. I have tried pasta, boiled chicken, potato, he ate it at one time. He will eat the meat and spit out the pasta, rice or potato in it. The vet wants him to be careful of the meat not too much protein. Part of the problem is the high phosphorus, and he has ulcers in his mouth so it's hard to open it and chew. He has no problem eating a cookie though. He is on clavamox for the ulcers and seems to be doing better. He loves to be on the porch barking, but as he barks I notice how it hurts him. Thank you for the advice, and the well wishessmile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jun 20 11:17 pm

Sam RIP- BABY 9/3/09

Barked: Sun Mar 22, '09 3:15pm PST 
Sam is 10 and in Oct. of 08 he wasn't feeling well and a couple of missed diagnosis and then some blood work showed he was in kidney failure. We had him on fluids then brought him to Tufts for about a week. Up till he got home a week later he hadn't eaten for a month. They sent him home with IV's for us to do and he would eat a treat now and then. Losing weight fast. Our vet suggested a feeding tube, so we had that put in. We were able to feed him and give him water because he hardly drank. All his meds were given through the tube. It's now been 5 months and he is still here. Sometimes he eats really well. We have him at the vets weekly to check his levels. His phosphorus was really high, and now it was down from 11 to 7. Last week he started to have a seizure, we rushed him to our vets where they found his anemia and sodium dangerous levels. They are not staffed durning the week at night so we brought him to Tufts again for a few days. He was stable and got stronger every day when he was home. The past few days his blood work showed improvement on Friday, but he hasn't wanted to eat anything. I cooked him pasta which he would gobble up but nothing. He's had ulcers in his mouth in the beginning which was one reason he wouldn't eat, but the vet said the ones he had were so much better now. He has good days when he plays with toys and runs around, and then he just wants to sleep. As long as he isn't in any pain I will take care of him as long as he needs it.
Our vet is wonderful as she is always researching on ways to improve his health, even though his kidneys will never get better. We also have a Llasa Apso Daisy, who will be 7 in April. She loves her brother very much. I'd love Sam to be around for more Holidays, He loves opening presents for his birthday and Christmas and the Easter Bunny always brings them a basket. I think the feeding tube has helped him or he would not be with us today. He is still losing weight, he is down to 14 lbs now. I just wish he would eat again. He can't tell me what's wrong I just take one day at ta time and love him every minute, and lots of kisses and hugs. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jun 20 11:17 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.