GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > okay, i can't do this
Dandelion

helloooo....! - i\'m TALKING to- you!!!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 9:28pm PST 
i have it - that's why i was so stunned when the ad came up. it was a HUGE ad that literally washed over my entire screen. doesn't seem to be happening this time... cross fingers....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 9:28 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > okay, i can't do this
Dandelion

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:13pm PST 
every time i open a new page, i get that ferschlugginer York U broad-spectrum blast in the face.

it's unbelievable and i don't have time to keep clicking it off each and every page.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 9:28 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there anything to the dominant/submissive theory?

Dandelion

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:11pm PST 
about the dogs that go after onyx - onyx is intact?

neutered-dog aggressive toward intact dogs is a well-known issue, as is increased aggression in dominant female dogs after spaying.

dandy gets it, too - granted, he's not mister cool beans, he's Senor Taco, the Jumping Bean half the time - but so many times he's been the one that was looking away, clearly indicating "not interested" and the other dog tries to eat his face.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 10:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Blueberries

Dandelion

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 3:51pm PST 
not only are blueberries fine but they're a favourite with many dogs.

dandy loves blueberries and blackberries - but only blackberries off the bush (he won't touch the ones from the store). when we head out picking, we let him off the leash and then it's a mad scramble after him to get to the bush before he's eaten them all!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Marley, Oct 18 2:44 pm

Behavior & Training > What if people were more like dogs?

Dandelion

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:02pm PST 
you'd never get an intelligible word out of men and "not with your mouth full!" would have a WHOOOOOLE new level of meaning.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Oct 15 12:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Experiment I ran on a dog
Dandelion

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 4:37pm PST 
@Bunny - sorry, I didn't see your post!

Yes, i specifically kept my voice smooth because when i put a lot of expression into it, the dogs got interested which is not a good thing at bedtime.

and here's the answer:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/opinion/sunday/dogs-are-people -too.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cosmo, Oct 7 6:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Experiment I ran on a dog

Dandelion

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 4:28pm PST 
i do it every night now - last night and the night before, i could only read to the bernese mountain dogs (pair of them, father and son) in the penthouse (an 8x8 room instead of the usual kennel). the first night, it took a while for them to settle but the second night, as soon as i came in with the chair, one (i never did figure out who was who) went straight to his bed and looked at me with anticipation while the other glued himself to my side and sniffed the pages every time i turned them (and yeah, they're kinda glued together now with dried drool, lol). after a while, he went to his bed and they both put their heads down and listened with a drowsy look on their faces. they didn't move when i closed the book, picked up the chair, opened the door, shut off the light, and left (normally, they rush the door when it opens but in a very gentle way - i never once had the impression they were going to trample over me).

i didn't read to the dogs in the kennel run, though - kasha is blind and deaf, wylie is a six month old cattle dog who was completely freaked out by the neurotic malamute, Malakai.

he's gorgeous and very affectionate but the longer i stayed in there, the more frantic and hysterical he got. i decided it wasn't benefiting anybody if i'm going deaf and nobody can hear me so i gave it up.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Oct 7 6:40 pm

Dog Health > Could it be kennel cough or something worse?

Dandelion

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 4:15pm PST 
if the vet confirmed it was kennel cough, then the antibiotics are unnecessary medication.

kennel cough is the dog equivalent of a cold and we don't take abx for a cold for the same reason: abx are useless against viruses (they only work on bacteria).
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Behavior & Training > new puppy at the house - shiloh (adoptable)

Dandelion

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 3:28pm PST 
thank you - i don't think it's a UTI - she's had two dry nights but peed first thing in the morning only because i simply cannot get her out of the house fast enough, lol. i don't correct those bec it's not fair. during the day, i take her out every three hours and we don't come back until she pees. she usually pees at least three times but i think she's getting that from watching Monsieur Dandy: every time he goes to mark, she goes rushing on in there and, well... let's just say i don't pat her on the head for a quite a while afterward!

she wears him out, too, which i've never seen before but i suspect it's the effort of reining himself in, rather than the actual romping because a few times he's overwhelmed her and she got scared, to which he becomes very apologetic.

i might have a home for her - neighbours right around the corner. he used to train dogs for the CNIB (just the basic puppy obedience) but i'm still hanging onto her for a couple more days to make sure it's not an impulse adoption they'll later regret. if they do change their minds, no worries - SOOOOO much interest in her around town: everybody's seen her sitting forlornly on the lawn or wandering down the middle of the road but most ppl thought she was some kind of largish jack russell mix (she's bigger than a JRT at 5mo old!). when they hear she's just a baby, it's "aaaaaaaaaaaaw", lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Oct 1 11:26 pm

Behavior & Training > Um what the heck... alphaship techniques sweeping the whole animal world?
Dandelion

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 3:22pm PST 
oh... no, no, no.... you must get ON TOP of that koi or next thing you know it's mooching at you while you're eating and peeing in the rudbeckia.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Oct 8 4:22 pm

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.