Postings by Dakine

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Siberian Husky > Completely Confused
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Apr 6, '10 8:38pm PST 
With the amount of activity at the dog park for a young pup I dont think its abnormal for your dog to be acting like that. Huskies are independent and if they want to play they will let you know. Mine does all the time. She has a lot of fun running around on her own at the dog park. Its nothing to worry about.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tekoa, May 27 11:27 pm

Siberian Husky > When did your husky stop growing?
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Apr 6, '10 8:32pm PST 
I agree.. never heard of spaying or neutering stunting growth. It does not make them fat either. Those are myths.

As for your question my siberian stop growing at 8 months. Her weight and height remained since then. 43lbs solid.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Ava, NTD, Apr 15 6:33 am

Siberian Husky > Is this weight normal?

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 8:44pm PST 
I had the same concern as you about my huskies weight. I started a thread a year ago and had people post there huskies age and weight. Im trying to get it going again I figured it might help you http://www.dogster.com/forums/Siberian_husky/thread/605498
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dakine, Mar 2 8:44 pm

Siberian Husky > Collar or harness?

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 8:41pm PST 
Stormy,

Huskies are breed to pull. Using a standard leash and collar can pose as a problem. I, myself, have fought the tears many times in the past walking my husky. Im 5'4 and 120lbs, my husky drags me down the street. I actually found the best solution and I had tried everything. Its called the canny collar and heres the website http://www.cannyco.us/ I stand by this product 110%.. Im tear free and have great walks with my little princess.I have so much more control. If you have any other questions feel free to message me on here too. Good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Mar 19 10:00 pm

Siberian Husky > Your Huskies weight and Age?

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 8:34pm PST 
Update on Dakine, weight: 43lbs Age: 1year 5months, she has maintain this weight for over 10monthsapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 77 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 5:45 pm

Siberian Husky > New Husky on the Board
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Sun Apr 5, '09 7:02am PST 
cheer Welcome cheer

Dont forget to post in the thread called
✔ A head-count of all the Dogster Huskies ✔

partyhamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Luc, May 2 1:20 am

Siberian Husky > Blizzard loves to bite!

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Thu Apr 2, '09 4:07am PST 
Quote from Woofy "I love my puppy, and would never ever try to do anything to hurt him. The grabbing him by the scruff thing never made him yelp that he was in pain, and it was never followed by a shake. I think there's a big difference between being stern and being violent. Telling him (not screaming) something was not okay is not the same thing as being angry, its just discipline. I have never once yelled at my pup. I don't consider holding him being rough, it was really more like a hug. And if I ever thought for even a second it was a traumatic experience for Woofy, I wouldn't have continued to do it, but he was always still playful and happy. "

Vance.. I never stated I shake my dog or yell at it. Yelling gets you no where!! I would never shake an animal or human. I have never grabbed my dog in any violent way. I dont appreciate the way you worded your statement. I do understand people have opinions but Im offended in your statement.

Woofy.. I agree with your statement. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Koala, Apr 12 2:15 pm

Siberian Husky > Blizzard loves to bite!

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 6:08am PST 
Quote "When he did used to bite, sometimes I thought he was trying to test his position in the family pack, so I'd grab him by the scruff of his neck, clamp his mouth shut and say very sternly "NO bite!" and waited for him to stop whining before I let go. If I took my hand away and he was still trying to nip at me, I'd roll him on his back and lean over him til he stopped squirming. He would sorta sigh and I'd feel his shoulders slump, as if to accept that he was not in charge, and would stop biting immediately afterward. It might seem a bit cruel, but its important that you establish the pack order."

We do the same thing, but I think she is getting a bit better. Dakine would always come to one of us and if we were busy she would get out attention by trying to grab our hand with her mouth, like she was trying to say " Come on lets play! I want attention"

We dont find biting us acceptable at her age ( 6 months) because she doesnt know control. So we just do the same, grab the scruff and say "No Bite" and hold her till she is calm or if she lays down till she sighs like she has given in or submitted.

Huskies require a lot of patience and time. Im sure over time your husky will learn " No bite". We are still training ours.

Good luck smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Koala, Apr 12 2:15 pm

Siberian Husky > ✔ A head-count of all the Dogster Huskies ✔

Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 7:13pm PST 
Hi there, Im Dakine. Im a female and 6 months old .I love to play. Sometimes I have too much energy and run around as fast as I can. My mom thinks its funny . I like giving my mom and dad high-fives and rolling over so they can rub my belly. My favorite thing to do is go on long walks with my mom and see all these funny looking animals, my mom calls them farm animalsshrug Well thats me cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 119 posts. Last posting by Deamon, Jul 12 10:52 am

Siberian Husky > Your Huskies weight and Age?
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 6:02am PST 
Yea I was pretty shocked when a vet made that comment. I know what the average size should be. She is pure breed and her family are show dogs. So I dont know why he would have made this comment especially at 6 months. shrug i think she is average and healthy and that is all that matters to mecheerapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 128 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 5:45 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.