Postings by Stella Blu

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > My Orijen Puppy came!!
Stella Blu

Yeah, I fawted - jealous??

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 12:33pm PST 
Thanks Cookie, lol, it was something my big (human) sister used to walk around saying in this pseudo-gansta accent and it made my mama laugh -- then I came along, little farty girl with a big attitude, and, well, the phrase stuck, bol laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kuma, Mar 28 1:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > My Orijen Puppy came!!
Stella Blu

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 7:54pm PST 
My first bag of Orijen Puppy came today! My mama was pretty happy about that. She has been so stoked about trying this stuff out on me. I wasn't too sure what I thought of the bag...it's a lot bigger than I am.

But mama gave me a taste, and guess what, ohmigoodness Orijen is scrumptious!! I would have tore into that bag and munched myself sick if mama hadn't put it away in the cupboard. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kuma, Mar 28 1:19 pm

Dog Health > Hiccups?

Stella Blu

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 9:10pm PST 
When I see mama or daddy mashing my medicine into my teaspoon of applesauce, I get so excited and impatient - barking, jumping and snortling until I have myself so worked up I get hiccups. Doesn't bother me one bit, but the first time mama saw it she thought I was having a seizure - because with all her babies (and I am no exception) - it is her nature to panic first and think rationally later. Silly mama. big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jessica CGC, Mar 27 10:38 am

Dog Health > Frenchie vet in SD

Stella Blu

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 4:31pm PST 
Anyone know of any vets that specialize in French Bulldogs in or near Sioux Falls, SD? I am terrified to get Stella spayed...I know it's a ways off, but I like to be prepared. I know Frenchies have special needs with regards to anesthesia, etc. so I want to start compiling lists to investigate well in advance. TIA.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Mar 31 9:14 am

Dog Health > Can you NOT treat giardia if S/S resolve?

Stella Blu

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 7:26pm PST 
**This is a reply to another post (or a repost?) but it is something I have began wondering**

So okay Stella tested positive the day after we got her. We immediately began Flagyl twice daily x 2 weeks. Re-test. Positive. Course of Panacur twice daily x 2 weeks. Re-test. Positive. Today we begin round 2 of Flagyl, higher dose, once daily for 7 days, off for three days then re-test.

Bought her some human baby lactose-free probiotic, gave 1/4 tsp mixed with applesauce thinking her intestinal flora are probably shot to hell from the constant flow of antibiotics. She vomited this all over the kitchen floor not even 5 minutes later. (in hindsight this was the dose for a human infant, most of whom weigh more than Stella. Perhaps I should try again with a smaller dose?)

My question is, since she hasn't actually been symptomatic of giardia (no diarrhea at ALL since approx. 3/5/09) and no vomiting at all until I gave her the probiotic -- do we still need to treat her? Is it possible to just let it run it's course and stop the antibiotics? Is giardia self-limiting??

The vet says she must be re-infecting herself, but how?? We clean any accidents up with bleach and Nature's Miracle. We bleach-mop the kitchen floor daily. She potties on puppy pads that are changed with every single poo or every few tinkles. We haven't even been taking her outside to potty because she likes to 'taste' things on the ground. Her little life couldn't get much more sterile. confused

This is a bit frustrating.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jessica CGC, Mar 25 8:52 am

Dog Health > Giardia, how did you deal?
Stella Blu

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 5:27pm PST 
So okay Stella tested positive the day after we got her. We immediately began Flagyl twice daily x 2 weeks. Re-test. Positive. Course of Panacur twice daily x 2 weeks. Re-test. Positive. Today we begin round 2 of Flagyl, higher dose, once daily for 7 days, off for three days then re-test.

Bought her some human baby lactose-free probiotic, gave 1/4 tsp mixed with applesauce thinking her intestinal flora are probably shot to hell from the constant flow of antibiotics. She vomited this all over the kitchen floor not even 5 minutes later.

My question is, since she hasn't actually been symptomatic of giardia (no diarrhea at all since approx. 3/5/09) and no vomiting at all until I gave her the probiotic -- do we still need to treat her? Is it possible to just let it run it's course and stop the antibiotics? Is giardia self-limiting?? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mar 29 5:04 pm

Dog Health > Why won't Stella get better??

Stella Blu

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 10:59am PST 
Is giardia IMPOSSIBLE to get rig of or what?!? For the love of dog, Stella has gone through 2 weeks of Flagyl, 2 weeks of Panacur, just took her sample in again today and it is STILL positive for giardia!! I am so frustrated and about ready to cry.

I can't take more time off work because I just spent three days home with my 4 year old who had mycoplasma pneumonia last week. So John is taking her into the vet again today at 4pm. He is getting super fed-up with this giardia issue and her urine issues, which I requested they draw a needle-aspirate urine specimen today as well, so we can at least know if she has a UTI or just an incontinence problem. John is crabby about that, too. I feel like he is starting to resent Stella or at least regret having bought her.

She has the best personality, and she loves us so much, IMO that is worth something. He is ready to just take her back to the breeder and get a lab (his personal fave). He has it in his head now that Frenchies are just illness-prone little dogs, unlike his strong, healthy hunting dogs of the past.

Sorry, I guess I'm just venting. I don't know what to do. cry
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Mar 24 6:43 pm

Puppy Place > Is Stella too small??

Stella Blu

Barked: Sat Mar 21, '09 1:10pm PST 
I can't make up my mind where to post this, but does anyone know of any puppy growth charts, perhaps specifically French Bulldog puppy growth charts? I have been watching videos on YouTube and other random WWW places of Frenchies Stella's age and Stella seems smaller to me.

I know Frenchies have two separate weight classes, and perhaps she is going to fall into the smaller class. Also John says her paws aren't big so she likely won't be a bigger Frenchie.

Our vet does not seem worried. But I don't know how I feel about our vet yet, either. I am kinda doubting him in certain areas.

Anyway, she was 4.5 pounds on 3/2 and was 6.25 pounds on 3/17. She is 11 weeks old today. Does this sound like decent growth for a Frenchie puppy? thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Stella White, Mar 23 8:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Evo for puppy?

Stella Blu

Barked: Sat Mar 21, '09 8:03am PST 
Well the Orijen-selling shop 2 hours from here does not carry the -Puppy formulation. Glad I called before I drove!

I just ordered a 5.5 pound bag from an online retailer called The Pet Health and Nutrition Center at a very good cost - with shipping it only came to $21 (give or take a few cents).

Don't get me wrong - heck YES that is expensive for me, but it is far better than the prices I was getting on the other sites. And from what I have read, you end up feeding LESS of the Orijen than, say, her Eukanuba, because there are no fillers.

I really hope this works out for her ::crossing fingers:: - I told John that since I proudly & exclusively nursed my human babies, I feel like feeding Stella Orijen is the least I can do for her as her new mama!! laugh out loud

Now, should I get some canned pumpkin (not pie mix) and unflavored yogurt in the house, and how do I use them during the transition from Eukanuba to Orijen??
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, Mar 22 11:43 am

Food & Nutrition > Evo for puppy?
Stella Blu

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 8:59pm PST 
It is going on 11pm here and I am still researching puppy food. confused

John has given up on me, says I have lost my ever-lovin' mind. He was raised with hunting dogs, strong, sturdy beasts you fed dog food off the shelf and you didn't measure it out in little measuring cups at precise times of day you just dump it in a bowl and be done with it.

My perfect-Frenchie-food obsession, though he loves her dearly, is wearing on his nerves. He doesn't see her as this fragile little thing like I seem to. To him she is a dog. MEN. shrug

Anyway, this analysis paralysis is making me crazy. IMO grain-free makes *sense*, but then I read things about high protein levels and kidney issues or abnormal growth rates, etc. etc. and I become frozen with indecision. I found a place that sells Orijen 2 hours away. Will call them tomorrow to see if the carry -Puppy and if so, do they ship. I need to just pick something and settle on it instead of constantly wrestling with all the options. eek

Pray for us.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, Mar 22 11:43 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.