Postings by ** Kiyoshi- LC wolf dog -CGC-

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > being a better leader
** Kiyoshi- LC wolf dog- -CGC-

Christmas Pups- are the only- pups

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 4:30pm PST 
anyone have tips on how to be a better leader in a multi dog house hold?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ~Emma~ RL1, Mar 4 10:00 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The Chow Chow- Some information please

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 1:09pm PST 
i agree with She She about chows all the way!
i love the breed but grooming all that hair.... yeah not for me. a smooth coated chow maybe.
i have a chow husky wolf mix named kiyoshi and i love him to death. never had any problems with people since ive rasied with people from all walks of life.

OP maybe you should find a good breeder or a rescue by you and meet the breed first hand. that the best way to know anything is with experience. even if it didnt go well the first time keep trying
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Jake the Beagle, Mar 5 3:57 pm

Dog Health > Neuter for same sex aggression?

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 12:49pm PST 
just reading the thread and sounds like some good stuff. i have the same situation with my dogs but its mostly with each other than other dogs. also i know with my wolf dog kiyoshi, he can get on the bad side dog dogs real quick. i know wolf dogs give dogs a weird vibe as well and that hes not fixed doesnt help.
would fixing my wolf dog make him less aggressive? also about my other dog hes a show dog and wont be getting fixed, its there some thing i can do to like lower his testosterone levels? or maybe just keep him more relaxed? my vet doesnt know
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Mar 25 4:41 am

Behavior & Training > We cant get along

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 1:03pm PST 
sorry if this is a repost but i cant find the old one...

i have 2 male dogs that jsut dont see eye to eye. kiyoshi my wolf dog and kiba my shiba inu. both are about the same age and not fixed ( kiba is a show dog ). personality wise they are the same but they just will fight with each other. its not jut a dominance fight but like a fight to the death. imm not sure what do do! i want to participate in more dog sports like agility, rally and therapy work but i fear that if they got out together it would be bad.

looking at the stuation, they give a lot of warnings to each other. when brought into a pen together kiyoshi moves to either me or his own spot and watches kiba from a far and tries to ignore him. kiba will zone in on kiyoshi and circle him and get close to him ready to fight, then goes do his thing. if any of them do something like potty sniff try to pay with a toy the other is zoning in on him. kiyoshi for the most parts doesnt go after kiba unless hes just to close but is petting kiyoshi kiba will try to land a hit. blood is always drawn when they get connected. i love them and my other 4 dogs that all get along without problems like this.

any ideas what i can do? i called a trainer in oklahoma and he wants $1400 to train both my dogs...

im planning on getting kiyoshi fixed soon but im on a waiting list with my vet. in the mean time i want to get started in this training. i know that fixing a dog wont make him into a whole new dog but we hope that he will be better with kiba
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Mar 19 2:55 am

Dog Health > how big should 6 wk old husky puppies be??

Barked: Tue Feb 21, '12 7:10am PST 
i have been hand raising a litter of orphan husky puppies ( purebred )and i had a question about their weight. they seem very small and im kind of worried but they are healthy. any ideas?
thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 22 7:18 am

Dog Health > puppy not feeling well

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 8:05pm PST 
no i meant 4 wks
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ** Kiyoshi- LC wolf dog -CGC- , Feb 5 8:05 pm

Dog Health > puppy not feeling well

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 9:14pm PST 
i have a 4 mo old husky puppy that i need advice about. his litter was orphaned and ive been raising them. this guy is the runt and weve noticed that hes not geting bigger. hes go a big head but doesnt seem to be keeping food down. just tonight we bottle fed him and hes spit it all up. hes in the process of being weaned and spit up a bit of the food too. at first we are thinking that he ate to fast which he does but with him feeling so light even though hes the same weigh as the rest, it bothers me. any advice how to raise him and get him to the size of the others?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ** Kiyoshi- LC wolf dog -CGC- , Feb 5 8:05 pm

Who's Feeling Silly? > What breed of dog do you thing i am? no cheating!

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 2:51pm PST 
OKay so by looking at my pic, what breed of dog do you think i am? no cheating by looking at my page. wink
ill give you a hint. im not part akita or shepherd.
i am a bit wild. what am i?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucky Buddha, Sep 29 2:51 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Little Service Dogs?

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 3:53am PST 
Wow! Thanks for answering my questions guys!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 10 7:11 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Little Service Dogs?

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 5:05pm PST 
Ahhh okay! I was just curious since most people can put a dog in their purse and just hide it so more question goes into their service abilities compared to someone walking in a place with a big dog. You know what mean?
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 10 7:11 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.