Postings by Bálin

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Drank alot of water from the hose
Bálin

'Don't eat- yellow snow, or- brown snow!'

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 9:49am PST 
My little one does this often, hose, pond, dish, my water bottle...he's a bit of a guzzler (working on slowing him down)...i have found that he let's me know when he's bloated, he acts drunk. Sounds weird but he get all stumbly and sits like he's about to poo or something, like i said weird. Since i see when he's drinking and don't usually want to take the time to wait til he bloats, i massage his stomach a bit to wait for the air to come out and check to make sure it's not a weird shape (twisting)....when he belches watch out! He's on the run again! This seems to work, keep us posted! dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by quigley, Aug 6 10:59 am

Puppy Place > Your best puppy tips please
Bálin

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 9:18am PST 
BOL!! Biana we are kindred spirits! Are you part Golden...? Perhaps in another lifetime!

Patience, consistancy, love...that's all i've got to say about that!dog
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Lily, Aug 17 6:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > suggestions for chew toys?

Bálin

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 6:24am PST 
When you find a good one you let me know!!!! Balin is 8 months and as you have found out Goldens are dynamo chewers.....i use rawhide, raw bones (yes you get used to the snap crackling, but not the smell!), Healthy Edibles, raw vegetables, rope toys (but watch out they like to eat the strings, makes for a mess on the other end!)
I don't use Greenies (too many chemicals), and Balin doesn't care about Nylabones, even if i soak it in chicken broth or smother PB on it. I do use Kongs, but once the 'goodies' are gone (10 mins max!) he doesn't care....check out a few of Hucky's posts, he's an avid chewer, so i usually go to him for advice on such things....good luck!dog
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Aug 6 1:34 pm

Pomeranian > I need a name!

Bálin

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 6:17am PST 
How 'bout Chitty? then you could sing chitty chitty bang bang!! so you'd get the ban in there at least some of the time!!! happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bálin, Aug 3 6:17 am

Pomeranian > Chicago and/or OKC area Breeders

Bálin

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 8:29am PST 
Hello, I am looking for a reputable Pom breeder in my area (illinois or Wisconsin) or my friends area (Oklahoma). She's looking to get a male white Pom....she's enlisted me for the search because I just bought a puppy (Golden) and I've had many dogs beforehand, so she trusts me to ask all the right questions, visit the facility, etc...

Any thoughts? Thanks!!
dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by The P, B & J Poms!, Jul 30 8:44 pm

Behavior & Training > I trained myself to turn on Mom's touchlamp!!
Bálin

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 12:54pm PST 
You're too cute!! Now you just need to get mom to train you 'clap off' to turn off the light before you go lay down by her bed!!!!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kahuna, Jul 21 4:35 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm a chewaholic!

Bálin

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 11:49am PST 
Pawsome!!! I'm going to try ALL of these suggestions and see what works for us.....Bálin can be a bit picky, but i can't fault him his mommy is the same way!!!

i do let him play with the 'skins'....until he starts to tear the arms and legs, etc off...he doesn't eat them but the pieces get a bit too small for my tastes, just in case!!

Thanks so much!!!dogdancing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 9 1:58 pm

Bálin

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 10:35am PST 
Yep i freeze his kongs...still goes thru them fast. Filling is usually different every day, peanut butter, yogurt, raw food, dry food, veggies, combos of 2-3 or just all one.....
i do NOT give him rawhides while he's in his crate, i just meant that as a general 'he should be 'chewed out' because i give him enough to chew on when i'm around' statement.
understand that he's still a puppy, he's done teething, every single adult tooth is indead in...

Ginger - TOO funny!!! and i appreciate feedback from a golden parent. I knew getting into this goldens are 'chewy'. he does in fact 'de-stuff' just as you described...but he doesn't care about the squeaker, just getting the stuffing out. don't really mind it much because he too doesn't eat the stuffing just gets it ALL out, then shakes the 'skin' like a mania...again doesn't bother me except that i fear this will get a bit expensive.

he HATES nylabones, or any 'hard' plasticy, vinyl bones....i've even tried soaking/boiling them in chicken broth so it tastes better....nope, no interest.....

rope toys he adores, but he quickly unravels them, and i'm afraid he'll inadvertently swallow some, and that may get messy on the other side.

just thought there may be some crazy crative ways to keep him occupied, without de-stuffing techniques. good to know it may subside at around 18 months...looking forward to it!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 9 1:58 pm

Bálin

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 7:04am PST 
Hello, my name is Balin and i'm a chewaholic. I really don't know why my mommy gets so upset, but i'll give her credit she doesn't show it at all, she just cleans up and moves on...i chew all things she gives me, why else would she give it to me? I don't chew on furniture or her or the shrubs outside anymore, what else does she want. ok, ok, i did dig/chew a little hole in the carpet from being bored in my crate i'll give you that..... ok, now mom's buggin' me to talk - i'll paw it over to her.

ok, so he chews aka destroys every toy i give him!! i can understand the stuffed bears and such he's just rying to 'kill and expel the contents' but seriously, even the 'tough' toys for dogs he tears apart in minutes. He gets plenty of rawhide bones to chew but i don't like giving him that kind of stuff when he's in his crate while i'm at work. (i do come home at lunch to let him out, so he's only in it 4 hours at at ime)

kongs, sure he likes those but only as long as the peanut butter stands......

Suggestions?????? please help! also, he's 7 months, when will the 'urge' to chew to distruction subside?

Sorry so long!!!!!
dog
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 9 1:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > POOOOOOP! Why pretend?
Bálin

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 12:49pm PST 
My little guy has only been on Orijen and now Instinct, so no Purina's and the such, but we experience the same thing...first poop of the day nice and 'solid' second, fairly solid, may be a little liquidy at the end, and if he gets hot or we run a bit too much he'll have a third liquidy one. I'm guessing that since it's grainfree, it processes faster because it's actually ALL processed therefore when it gets down 'south' (or i guess east or west since dogs are vertical BOL!!!) it takes a bit of time to 'harden', time to gel as it were.....i think you're fine. My little guys is 5 1/2 months and he seems to be fine....watch tonight it'll be liquid city or 'i just can't do it mom' BOL!!!!
dogbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Mister Jagger, May 22 3:40 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.