Postings by Miss Attitude "ATTIE"

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Does anyone know why......
Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '11 5:08pm PST 
Emma, She looks more like Denver but not exactly. You can't see all of her front teeth and she has a ton of wrinkles on yop of her snout. Plus her whole body is wiggling ALL over. Then she comes up to me and lays down and totally exposes her belly. And sometimes she'll do it on one side of her snout. She has never made me ever think she would bite. She's a sweet gentle soul. Thanks for everyone's input I really do appreciate it......MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tika, Dec 23 10:07 pm

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 1:31pm PST 
That's exactly what I thought. I wish I could remember where on the internet I found that a behaviorist said it was a sign of submission. Anyway....I don't think I ever want her to stop doing that. She wiggles all over and then the "Pitbull" grinning starts....she's nothing but sweet.....applauseapplause Thank you all!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Tika, Dec 23 10:07 pm

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 12:41pm PST 
I have a 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. She's a wonderful dog....has never shown any aggresstion. I had her at the Vet the other day and one of the Vets assistants told me that my dog was showing aggression.
Actually what Attie was doing is something we call is a "grimmace" she shows her teeth a little bit it almosts acts like a nervous twitch. She usually does this when we've been away and she's glad to see us. Or first thing when she gets up in the mornings. I read online a while back that grimmacing was a sign of submission. And that's exactly what it seems to be. A lot of times when she does this she lays down and exposes her belly. Her Mother did the very same thing and was a great dog too. As well as one of her sisters that I know of does this too.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Tika, Dec 23 10:07 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 7:01pm PST 
Since we've had Pit Bulls for almost 29 years believe me we've heard it all. In the beginning before anyone knew what an American Bulldog was I'd say "an American Bull dog" I've had people look at me as if I were holding a gun pointed at them. I have found thru the years that most people who are afraid of them most usually only know what they've seen or heard on TV. We try to show people how great they really are. And we have changed a few minds. It's really sad that people don't seem to be able to think for themselves. They automatically believe everything they read or see on TV.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 1:58 pm

Grooming > What is the best shampoo that keeps the "dog odor" away for more than 2 or 3 days?

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 10:19am PST 
Thank you Lucille....she's a very sweet baby too. Thanks for your sweet comment.

Also thank you Bella and Daisy for the info on the spray. We're going to try to find some around here locally.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Feb 4 5:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > purina dog food good or bad?
Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 10:32pm PST 
We've been feeding Attie "Taste of the Wild" since she was old enough to eat dogfood. She's doing great on it. We get it here in Kentucky for around $45.00 for a 30 lb. bag. Because it's more concentrated you don't feed as much as you would if you use the cheaper brands. We get ours at "Tractor Supply Co." She's a little picky about her food but really seems to enjoy TOTW (Prairie Formula.) Here's a link to a web site that rates dogfood. The formula we feed Attie rates 6 stars, that's the highest score they give. Hope this helps.

dogfoodanalysis.com
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Aug 28 9:17 pm

Grooming > What is the best shampoo that keeps the "dog odor" away for more than 2 or 3 days?

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 10:19pm PST 
Where can I find that spray that you're talking about? Thank you for your input.If we can get it where we live we'll definately try it.

way to goway to goway to goway to godancingway to goway to goway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Feb 4 5:37 pm

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 1:52pm PST 
I have a healthy and happy APBT. She will be 3 soon and it seems that no matter what shampoo I use on her and I've tried a bunch of different ones in about 3 or 4 days the doggie odor is back. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Feb 4 5:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > purina dog food good or bad?

Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Tue Aug 23, '11 5:49pm PST 
I use to think that Purina or Science was some of the best food around. Until I started reading about the ingredients. I use to have a dog that had skin allergies and it was because of some of those so called better dog foods. I know that those premium ones are pricey but if you use it the way the directions tell you to we found out that we use less and it's really not that much more expensive. We're currently using Taste of the Wild and a 30 lbs bag lasts Attie 2 months. Plus the fact she loves it and has no skin problems at all now. Another thing that blew my mind was the advertising on the bags(of the cheaper foods). They make it look like it have all has allkinds of great things in them and that couldn't be farther from the truth!!!!I know and realize that in this day and age money is tight for most of us but if you look around and do a lot research you can find better food that's better for your dog.

naughtynaughtynaughtynaughty
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Aug 28 9:17 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Spring poles
Miss- Attitude- "ATTIE"

Barked: Mon Apr 12, '10 3:53pm PST 
We presently do not have one but have had in the past. We think they're great. It really helps get rid of stress and it's a great exercise.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miss Attitude "ATTIE", Apr 12 3:53 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.