Postings by Nikita

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Siberian Husky > Husky vs. chihuahua
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 10:22am PST 
The chihuahua was brought into the front yard with no fence with the owner as he mowed and he left her outside after he was done.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mika, Oct 16 7:10 am

Siberian Husky > Husky vs. chihuahua
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 5:21pm PST 
A friends Chihuahua got killed by a loose husky yesterday. The chihuahua was left alone off leash in the front yard completely unattended. A husky got loose a couple of doors down and came down and killed it. In my opinion, both owners are wrong. I do feel bad for my friend, but feel it should have been avoided.
Just curious what everyone else thinks, should the husky be put down? Or otherwise dealt with?

It's been my fear that something like this would happen to my husky. So I am very careful to never let her slip out. She has a couple of times, but I'm lucky she likes going for rides, because I've always been able to coax her into the car.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mika, Oct 16 7:10 am

Sports & Agility > Biking Attachments

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Thu Oct 27, '11 5:45pm PST 
We bought the let's go pet walker off of amazon. It was cheaper, more compact and less complicated looking than the other ones I thought. Have had it 2years and still use it with both my husky and German shepherd.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nikita , Oct 27 5:45 pm

Siberian Husky > When to start walking?

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 4:35pm PST 
Hi Yuna! Welcome to dogster. I know how crazy/obnoxious husky pups can be. Mine was, for sure. For the most part, I know you are supposed to wait until their 3rd round of shots at about 4 months old before taking them to other pet populated areas. If you have the money and could get her in a puppy class, they usually allow over 8 weeks old as long as you are started on their shots. I would definitely say we benefitted from that. It's important that they socialize at her age too so they won't be afraid of new things as they get older. Take her on car rides and into places that allow dogs. As for inside activities, go ahead and start on some obedience and even fun tricks, Huskies are very smart. Another occupier we did was using toy food dispensers like the kong wobbler to make food time take longer and make her think about it. We also used the classic kong for extra treats, like peanut butter or yogurt. And I dont remember you mentioning anything about a crate, but we used a crate and blocked in area for her at a young age. That saved our carpet, but unfortunately not the wall and base trim. She still is even at 2 1/2 because she gets bored easy and tries to find new things to play with while we're gone if she not in her area.

That's what we did with ours. There are plenty of other ideas in older posts as well. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nikita , Aug 29 4:35 pm

Siberian Husky > Misty is no longer with us :(

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 4:13pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about her passing. I know she meant a lot to you.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nikita , Aug 16 4:13 pm

Siberian Husky > Feeding adult high-protein kibble to a young pup
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:23pm PST 
Check the food and nutrition forum. Many dogsters think taste of the wild is not good for a puppy. I started feeding my pups TOTW after they were a year old. We love it, but were told to wait, but don't remember the reasons.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sakari, Jul 19 7:42 pm

Siberian Husky > Question about your Siberian being off leash

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:19pm PST 
I've been able to get Niki back fairly easily the couple of times she's gotten loose, but I would never even attempt off leash work with her. Where my gsd automatically does as I ask without thought, I can tell she thinks about my commands before obeying when she does obey and acts like she never heard me other times.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Mar 17 2:16 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Vacuum recommendations?

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 7:38pm PST 
I have the bissell pet and the dyson animal ball vacuum. I was cleaning out clogs at least 3 times per cleaning with the bissell, and only have had to clean out one clog since getting the dyson (sucked up too much destroyed pillow stuffing). Dyson also holds more before you have to empty and is cleaner and easier to deal with.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by The Roo Crew™ ©®, Oct 29 6:16 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Air purifiers

Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 6:05pm PST 
anyone have an air purifier? One is on woot today, a sanyo airwasher, for about $100. I've got pretty bad allergies, hubby has breathing problems, and we have 3 hairy dogs. Just wondering if anyone has anything similar and if it has helped.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Molly, Jul 1 9:25 am

Siberian Husky > When does your husky howl?
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 9:13pm PST 
My husky never howls (at least that I've heard), but she talks, woos, whines whatever when she gets excited or frustrated.

My German Shepherd howls when he is left alone, its really cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Luna, Jul 11 2:34 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.