GO!

(Page 1 of 73: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > What breeds is Cheeva?
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 3:37pm PST 
I would say a heeler/lab. Our dog Bandit looked almost the same but he had that block head of a pit or american bulldog. Take a look at his picks on his profile.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 19 6:43 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog keeps breaking out cage
Bandit

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 7:01pm PST 
Our dog Bandit was an escape artist when it came to crates. We first had one like you have. Bandit could push the door open also. I came home one day and the top was completely off. I don't know how he managed to do that but he did. Anything I tried with that cage he could get out. I think the problem with those cages are the way they are put together. The edges just have those hooks (can't think of a better name for them) that just go around the bars to keep the cage together.

I ended up getting a thinker metal cage and the sides were held together by actualy fasteners that were about three inches long instead of just a hook to keep it all together. It was a pretty heavy duty cage but Bandit couldn't break out of that one. We found ours at a yard sale so we only paid $10 for it. I would suggest running around on a nice weekend looking at yard sales to see if you could find one like that.

I think the only way to keep him in that kind of cage is to tie it all together on all of the sides including the door when you put him in there.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 8:10 pm

Puppy Place > Boxerians

Bandit

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 12:59pm PST 
They are too cute. I can't imagine how they will look when they get older. Actualy they might just look like Bandit but different colored. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 18 1:47 pm

Puppy Place > Ewww... this is NOT right

Bandit

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 6:24am PST 
Thatis just terrible! I would report the add. If you do it enough times someone will notice.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 12:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Types of Antlers

Bandit

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 6:19am PST 
My dogs LOVE antlers, they get whitetail and mule deer since thtat is what we hunt. We take the dogs out and go shed antler hunting....the dogs love it and it makes finding the antlers on us easier. laugh out loud If you wanted to spend the money on getting a split on first then do for it but be prepared to by a full one soon after.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 13 7:15 am

Dog Health > Just had to Chime in on At-Home Vacs
Bandit

Barked: Fri Dec 10, '10 5:34am PST 
I think it depends on your Tractor Supply store. Ours that we go to ever week for our chicken and duck feed is great! The workers are great and I asked the same thing about there vaccines before I bought them. There don't get shipped far just accross town and they are in those cooler boxes so they stay cool. I am a firm believer that they are just as good as the ones from a vet if you go and pay a vet to do them. My husband has given Bandit and now Cody both there shots from the feed store and living in a small town where Parvo is crazy abundent EVERYWHERE non of my dogs have ever gotten sick.

Now I can see your point of view also don't get me wrong there is always two sides of a story. We lucked out to have a great feed store for us. I can see where some might not be as careful or care at all. It is like any business you have, some go that extra length and some that don't. Also there is some people that just can't handle giving there dogs a shot and try and who know what could go wrong. The needle could break, they could not mix it right, there are a lot of things that could go wrong. That is something you have to be aware of when you decide to vaccinate yourself.

In my opinion I think they are fine.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 5:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Collar or No Collar?

Bandit

Barked: Mon May 10, '10 8:13am PST 
Bandit always has on his collar. It has his rabies tag and my # on it.

Sativa is nakkid. She has never worn a collar in her 13 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 10 8:13 am

Choosing the Right Dog > You now have 900,000,000,000.

Bandit

Barked: Thu May 6, '10 8:03am PST 
So, you've won the lotery. Nine hundred billion. cheer
First things first, I pay off my house, then let the fun begin.

What dogs will you get?
I first get a GSP that has a long line of "birdiness" in his family tree. I want him to be our champ quail and dove hunter partner. Then I would get a Black Mouth Cur. I want a well bred large male with all the hunting drive. This dog will be used to hunt large predator game with us. We would also have a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, I just love the look of them and they would do great on a large piece of land that I would have. Last but not least would we have a little dog. I would like to find a shi tzu/lhasa apso mix like I had growing up. Oh forgot to add, hubby always wanted a weimaraner so throw one of those in the mix too.

How will you house them?
We would buy a huge piece of land at least 500 acres and build a beautiful huge ranch style house on the land. The dogs would have run of the house and outside.

What do you feed them?
I probably would just stick with TOTW.

What other dog-related things do you do with your money?
I would pay for a low cost spay/neuter mobil van to go around all of the small towns to fix everyone dogs/cats. I would pay for lessons on how to train hunting dogs professionaly. Then I would use that training to start a hunting dog training business. I guess my hubby and I could just travel all over training peoples dogs.

Where do you and the dogs live?
I would buy a lot of property all over the US. We would purchase at least 500 acres in southern AZ like we live in now. There is so much to hunt down here and it would be a great start. Then some land in southern FL, I just love the Everglades and some land in the middle of FL. From there I guess we would just buy whatever opportunities pop up. Hubby want to get into buying and selling real estate anyways. We would travel and stay at all of our properties. Our main home would be on the 500 acres in southern AZ though. There we would have a beautiful ranch house with at least 6 rooms and 3 baths. We would raise chickens, ducks, quail, and horses. Then we just might throw some cattle out on the land for an added profit. But we would also keep our house we have now so the kids could go to school easier. We would have all of this set up but have to put on hold the dog training traveling until the kids got out of highschool. Since we would have so much money I would buy a helicopter and a small plane to travel from our house in town to our ranch house. What a great and easy life that would be.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 10:51 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Life changes.

Bandit

Barked: Tue May 4, '10 1:30pm PST 
First Congrats on the new addition coming! happy dance I have two children and with both I never got a hint of morning sickness the only thing that happened to me was all of a sudden one day coffee didn't set right in my stomach. That day I new something was up. I was very lucky so I really don't have any great advise for morning sickness.

Second I would go with plan 2 if I had to choose.

Third my hubby and I moved from AZ to FL when we were first togther and brought an iguana, Sativa, and a bunch of tropical fish with us. We put the fish in a water igloo, put a ton of Stress Relief treatment in the water, and put two hoses that were attached to battery powered water pumps in the water. My hubby drilled a hole threw the top of the igloo lid for the pumps hoses to go down into the water. I think the water pumps are what really kept the fish alive since they needed oxygen. You can get the pumps from Petsmart, Walmart, or any fishing store. Ours were ment to keep bate fish alive.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , May 8 3:25 pm

Puppy Place > Um...so...need a ittle help here
Bandit

Barked: Tue May 4, '10 9:33am PST 
I was going to say exactly what Isy just said so ditto to what she said. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 9 12:49 pm

(Page 1 of 73: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.