Postings by Watch Dog

GO!

Plus Contests > I challenge you to see how many spambots you can report

Watch Dog

Your Friendly- Neighborhood- Watch Dog

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 12:58pm PST 
Your Community Team is ever grateful for all the help. The battle has been hard and long, but we intend to win the war!!

Spammers!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

-watch dog-
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Talker, Dec 15 10:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do Satellite TV Spambots Have Dogs?
Watch Dog

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 6:27am PST 
This ol' -watch dog- loves me some flowers. smile

-watch dog-

"You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry. Don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way." ~Walter C. Hagen, The Walter Hagen Story, 1956
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mar 23 4:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do Satellite TV Spambots Have Dogs?

Watch Dog

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 8:24am PST 
What do you know? I found Satellite TV's theme song!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! by that retro group, The Viking Longshipmen.

-watch dog-
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mar 23 4:42 pm

What I Love About Dogster > HSUSA?

Watch Dog

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:43pm PST 
Taz,

Haven't found an e-mail from you in our Customer Support account, so will contact you via the e-mail address you use to login to your account.

-watch dog-
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Watch Dog, Nov 15 3:43 pm

What I Love About Dogster > Bark Like a Pirate Day - FREE Gift in the Gift Store!

Watch Dog

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 8:00pm PST 
We wanted everyone to get a full day of gift giving fun, so we thought we'd give y'all a head start and put the free gift up a little early. smile

-watch dog-
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Watch Dog, Sep 18 8:00 pm

Puppy Place > Ads promoting puppy brokers and mills on Dogster.. :(
Watch Dog

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '11 12:40pm PST 
Woof! Woof!

Thanks for loving the site!

And thanks, Lilith, for also using the contact page to report the problem. We aren't able to monitor the forums for reports of problems like this (they're just too big), so using the Contact page is the best way to report a problem ad. I'm only posting here because Lilith told me about this thread in her e-mail to Dogster Support and I wanted to assure anyone reading here that the problem is being addressed.

http://www.dogster.com/support/

For the Subject, choose "There is an advertiser I want to discuss" option from the drop down menu.

Dogster and Catster have a firm policy refusing non family oriented products and the advertising or promotion of puppy and/or kitty sales, breeding or studding. Trust me, if we didn't, the site would be littered with the ads of companies that we reject every day.

Our ad services sometimes give us problems as we can only block an ad after we have seen it once. So we ask our users to use our contact page and let us know of any bad advertisers. Once we see or hear about one, they are zapped. We have hundreds of companies blocked.

So when you see a problem ad, use our contact form at the bottom of the page to report the ad's URL and if it is offensive, about pet sales, or otherwise not in keeping with Dogster's standards, we'll zap it. We probably lose a decent bit of change by doing so, but we sleep much better at night! Be sure to let us know if the ad is a link on someone pet page (also against our policy) or one of the regular ads running on one of our pages.

NOTE: To get the URL / address of the ad without having to visit the problem site, try right clicking on the ad and choosing the option to copy the link location. Then you can just paste the URL into your email to Dogster Support.

Thanks for helping us keep Dogster free of puppy sales.

Woofs! & Tail Wags!

-watch dog-
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 29 3:12 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > How to make hyperlinks

Watch Dog

Barked: Wed Nov 9, '11 2:05pm PST 
Test Post.

Testing Edit Post feature.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Alva BH, Oct 28 9:28 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.