Postings by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥

GO!

(Page 1 of 293: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Finally got a puppy!
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '14 10:47pm PST 
Hey I haven't been around here for a while but I just wanted to introduce everyone to my new puppy. He is a 6 month old Beauceron. I will post a reply from him so you can see photos.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Nov 13 11:26 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > GSD Breeder

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 8:20pm PST 
Fritz that's what I have been doing since losing my GSD. I just don't feel like I can get another GSD right now after losing Bianca so young...and with all the health/temperament issues I keep seeing and it being so hard to find a really good breeder, etc... So I ended up looking into other breeds that are somewhat similar. My current plan is to get a Beauceron. Of course, that breed has their own issues and it is also hard to find/research a breeder since they are not common in the US!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Help I fell in love with a dog!

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 10:32pm PST 
Yeah I've been really sad about it since it happened because I really really liked him, I kept thinking about him since I saw him at the pet show. cry He seemed like a really good fit even though I wasn't actively looking for a dog there...
I actually would have gotten to the adoption event earlier but some of my family was unsure about adopting right now so I had to get their agreement first. silenced

Funny enough, apparently after it fell through, the family member who had been unsure apparently went looking at shelter dogs online (she was going to show me one she found last night but it turned out they weren't good with cats.)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 8:29pm PST 
Well I sent an application through their website but apparently they didn't get it, they told me the other day so I re-sent it through email. They told me to come out today to their adoption event, and I did but someone else had gotten there before me and adopted the dog. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 9:47am PST 
They just told me (email) he already has an applicant. frown

I'm trying to decide if I should send an application anyway.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:16pm PST 
If the link doesn't work, look if there are any blank spaces between any of the numbers/letters in the url and remove those.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 5:42pm PST 
Yeah they said he's about 90 pounds, but he is definitely overweight. With all that fur it's hard to say how much. He's about the height of a Golden, I'd guess around 23 or 24" tall or so but a heavy build so I'm not sure what his ideal weight would be.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 4:29pm PST 
Ok someone talk some sense into me? I've been planning to wait and get a puppy from a breeder, but I went to a pet show over the weekend and fell in love with a dog. I really want to adopt him but if I did, I may not be able to get a puppy for a lot longer. Also I'm not sure if he's really a good match or I'm just having a "crush" on him so to speak.
Help??

This is the dog: https://www.facebook.com/MagnificentMutts/photos/a.666471090042203.1 073741839.120673707955280/694151530607492/?type=1&theater

He was really sweet and friendly, he wasn't bothered by the crowds/noise at the show and is good with other dogs and cats.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 25 7:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Insulted For Good Reason (Semi-Rant)

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '14 7:36pm PST 
Yes, German Shepherds are on the list of banned breeds in places in the US too.
I've had people tell me they would never get a GSD because they are not safe because of aggression, and people would often cross the street to avoid passing us or pull their kids away if they were near us. I've even had people scream and run away when they saw Bianca or start actually screaming when their kid tried to come up to pet her.
I've also had people say "Oh I thought all German Shepherds were mean!" when they petted my people-loving GSD and saw how friendly she was.
I try to ignore it or help educate people. It didn't bother me so much though, what bothered me more were the people who would say how GSDs are "ruined" because they have sloped backs or that they all get hip dysplasia.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Mar 18 6:47 am

Choosing the Right Dog > A Rescue vs Rehome Rant

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 10:20pm PST 
Oh yeah her previous owners did not tell me about Bianca's leash reactivity issues. In fact I was looking for a dog who would make a good therapy dog, and I wanted an adult who had training so I could start training in "fun" activities right away. The previous owner said she'd be a great therapy dog and etc (possibly they did not know what being a therapy dog entails).
Turns out she would bark/growl/lunge when she saw another dog on leash a long ways away. When I discovered this and asked them about it, they said I should grab her by the scruff, yell "NO!" and put her on the ground. We had to work on her confidence and reactivity for quite a while before I could even attend "normal" training classes with her (we did a reactive dog class) and it was a year or so before I could take her in public where other dogs were.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Jan 19 10:20 pm

(Page 1 of 293: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.