GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Pig's feet
JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 2:24pm PST 
Trotters = Toothbrush!! laugh out loud

My two quite enjoy a trotter on occasion. Indeed a lot of bony bits but also good tendons...does quite a job of cleaning teeth. I've not had problems with chipped teeth. I think these are all in all softer than some other bones.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 3:02 pm

Raw Food Diet > need a bit of advice please
JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:56pm PST 
Thanks so much for responding Maxwell. You've got so much knowledge in all of this. I know I dont have her on pure rabbit, but I just didnt think I could keep only rabbit and keep her healthy. So she gets tripe (she tends to get constipated and the vet suggested this) and a bit of organ supplement. I was interested that Maxwell reacted to sardines. In hindsight her last ear flareup was immediately following one or two meals of sardines in a few days. I'll read your post again more carefully (wish you could read a post and respond to it at the same time) and follow up on that. Thanks again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 4:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > need a bit of advice please

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:28pm PST 
Hi everyone...hope you will forgive me for cross posting. I also put this in raw forum. But thought there might be other folks here that dont go to raw forum who could guide me.

My Sweet Jessie is a 10 year old shepherd/retriever mix. She has had chronic, wretched, horrible food allergies that result in ear infections and make her pretty miserable. When I switched her to raw about two years ago, I saw a dramatic improvement in her ears, but didnt clear it up entirely. My vet suggested keeping her only on rabbit/hare. This has also helped a bit more. But the problem is that rabbit is such a lean meat that I am struggling to keep weight on her. Since I have started her on only rabbit, she has dropped about 4 kg off her usual 28 kg weight. Anyone have any suggestions for something I could add to her diet that she might tolerate but if fairly 'fatty'? I thought about making her some satin balls, but would want to leave out the grains. Does anyone know a recipe for satin balls that does not include grain? Meat, cream cheese, peanut butter...something like that? What about duck fat? Any thoughts from all of you with great experience? Oh she currently eats a little over a kilo a day and is always hungry and ready for another meal. I also add in tripe to her diet every few days, an occasional mackeral or other fish and some organ meat. But the bulk of her diet is rabbit/hare
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 4:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > Lots of allergies = too expensive // PLEASE help with options // he's suffering

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 3:26pm PST 
HI there....I've got an allergic dog as well. We are doing reasonably well on mostly rabbit and hare. It really does make a difference. I know it can be expensive, but to follow up on what Max said: before we started raw, I easily spent 1-2 thousand a year on vet bills. We were ALWAYS at the vet and she was always on meds. We were considering a $4000 surgery to remove her badly infected ears since we couldnt clean them up. Then some brilliant Vet FINALLY suggested it was a food allergy. Dont know why it took so long to figure that out. So I may pay more for food for her, but I'm way better off in the long run.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 11:21 pm

Raw Food Diet > need a bit of advice please

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 3:18pm PST 
HI everyone. Have a bit of a problem I need to sort out. My Sweet Jessie is a 10 year old shepherd/retriever mix. She has had chronic, wretched, horrible food allergies that result in ear infections and make her pretty miserable. When I switched her to raw about two years ago, I saw a dramatic improvement in her ears, but didnt clear it up entirely. My vet suggested keeping her only on rabbit/hare. This has also helped a bit more. But the problem is that rabbit is such a lean meat that I am struggling to keep weight on her. Since I have started her on only rabbit, she has dropped about 4 kg off her usual 28 kg weight. Anyone have any suggestions for something I could add to her diet that she might tolerate but if fairly 'fatty'? I thought about making her some satin balls, but would want to leave out the grains. What about duck fat? Any thoughts from all of you with great experience? Oh she currently eats a little over a kilo a day and is always hungry and ready for another meal. I also add in tripe to her diet every few days, an occasional mackeral or other fish and some organ meat. But the bulk of her diet is rabbit/hare
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 4:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Max's Christmas Dinner, What Did Your Pup Have???
JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 2:29pm PST 
My two had green tripe and sardines. Woweee what a smelly combo. But they loved it!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 26 8:22 pm

Raw Food Diet > Talking to Vet About Raw

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 1:10pm PST 
I bring it up to my vet because one of my pups is one raw to try to combat allergies. Does a reasonable job of it. My usual vet is okay with it. Has never discouraged it, but I suspect he is fairly neutral. HIs partner in the practice seems much more actively pro-raw and suggested I try to put Jess on a rabbit only diet as a protein. She was pretty great. Now the problem is finding a steady supply of rabbit! Not easily done.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 6 1:10 pm

Raw Food Diet > So, what's in your food bowl today!!

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 9:53pm PST 
JessAnneMarieLouise had hare legs...two of em. Because that is all she eats.
Charlie Pete has two duck necks and a chicken breast. Spoiled babies.
[notify]
» There has since been 59 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 5:49 am

Raw Food Diet > FISH, raw, whole, different kinds of oily fish?

JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 9:46pm PST 
My two just gobbled up whole tarakihi that I found quite cheaply at teh market....about 500 gm each. stinky but happy dogs
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 4 8:28 am

Raw Food Diet > fishy question
JessAnneMari- eLouise

A gentle girl

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 10:54am PST 
Thanks Rexy I'll have a look
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 6:55 am

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.