GO!

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Running partner/family pet for first-time dog owners
Charlie Pete

G-day mate! - Wanna Play?

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 9:31am PST 
I've got no good advice to offer here....I have two mixed breed mutts (that I adore). But just wanted to chime in that I love the way you are carefully considering this and making an informed choice. We should all be so wise.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > Throwing up every morning
Charlie Pete

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 2:12pm PST 
....and we are grateful for that every morning we wake up. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 2:12 pm

Charlie Pete

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 10:16pm PST 
I'll leave this to Duke for his good answer. Thanks. We live in NZ so might not have the same brands available.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 2:12 pm

Charlie Pete

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:12pm PST 
Hi there

I dont consider myself expert at raw feeding but I do have a bit of experience with this. My boy Charlie-Pete does this after eating bone and recently had a pretty nasty episode of something getting stuck. I had a long chat with a vet who strongly supports and advocates raw. She said that this indicated that the flora in his gut was not well enough balanced to be able to fully digest the bone so that after a while he had digested everything else, but would need to vomit up the residual bone. So she recommended starting him on probiotics. Hes been on these for about 3 weeks now...in another week or so I'll try giving him bone again to see if it works. But it's something you might want to think about.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 2:12 pm

Raw Food Diet > chicken backs

Charlie Pete

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:11pm PST 
Hey Maxwell.....we got LOTS of lamb shanks for you down here!! No shortages in NZ laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 10:04 pm

Behavior & Training > Thundershirt questions
Charlie Pete

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 8:41am PST 
Have to agree on this one. Charlie Pete is a very high energy, excitable dog; he is also quite fearful. We bought a thundershirt hoping it would allow him to focus during training. Didnt help much. But then we had two years of major earthquakes. It was an enormous help to calm him when he was afraid. I am a huge proponent of it for that. But didnt do a thing for his energy levels. Good product if used appropriately, but only a nice little shirt otherwise.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 1 12:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > Tinned mackerel

Charlie Pete

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 2:01pm PST 
Thanks for responding. The store has canned mackerel for about 1.30. One can usually makes a slight bit less than a full meal, so if I feed a bit more the next meal it works well. Wont overdo it but they sure seem to like it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 2:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Keeping Your Pets Safe During The Holidays

Charlie Pete

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 11:51am PST 
Just want to add one other safety bulletin:

Several years ago my boy Pete got hold of a travel pillow I had and tore it up. It was one of those with the teensy tiny styrofoam balls in it to make is squishy....do you know the kind? Anyway...HUGE MESS. But the bigger issue is that he inhaled those teensy tiny balls and had to have emergency vet visit from a bronchoscopy to have his lungs cleaned out. Those a danger to dogs and very young children. Be careful!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 23 3:06 am

Raw Food Diet > Tinned mackerel

Charlie Pete

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 10:20am PST 
HI there

my grocery had a great sale on tinned mackerel. I dont eat it....wouldnt know what to do with it. But bought a few cans for the dogs. They each got one or two little pieces...mackerel in oil. THEY LOVED IT!! Is this an okay/safe thing to feed once a week or so. Made them very happy pups. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 2:01 pm

Raw Food Diet > Do dogs fed on the raw diet need green tripe?
Charlie Pete

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:58pm PST 
A bit of a late entry to this discussion. I posted a few weeks ago regarding one of my pups who tends to have trouble digesting bone. I found a vet in Auckland (same country but not where I live) who is a strong proponent of raw and actually has started a raw food company. She emailed me back today and said that for dogs who have trouble digesting bone it is likely to be a low acidic environment in the guy. She said in the short term to start him on probiotic and fish oil. But over the long term to feed lots of tripe. She recommends tripe to be 30% of his meat intake. She was great to talk to...so nice to find someone that is quite keen on raw
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 7:58 pm

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.