Postings by Skyline

GO!

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Need some breed suggestions!
Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 7:05pm PST 
Thanks everyone for the responses! My family and I finally made up our minds and we are on a waiting list for a red or white Standard Poodle! We won't have our new family member until the end of this year or early next year depending on which litter has what we are looking for. Waiting is going to suck! At least we have a lot of time to prepare! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 6 3:21 am

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 1:50pm PST 
Thanks Sabi big grin I'd rather stay far far away from all terriers lol. I groom enough to know they aren't a fit for me, but thank you for the suggestion!

Anyone here have personal experience with Samoyeds? big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 6 3:21 am

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Tue Feb 25, '14 9:07pm PST 
Hi everyone!

My family is going to be expanding in the next couple years and I would love some breed suggestions!

I am looking for a breed that is family friendly and fine with other pets. I have my poms, two children, we are fairly active, but not super active, so no Border Collies/Aussies etc. I'm a Professional Dog Groomer so any coat length is fine with me. I prefer medium-large breed this time around, no giants or toy/small breeds.

So far we like:

-Standard/ Miniature Poodle
-Samoyed

Any other breeds you think might work for us?

Thanks! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , May 6 3:21 am

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 7:00pm PST 
I haven't been on this site much the last year, but I've been a member for over 5yrs and have tried to keep up to date with dogster. When I saw the email that they are shutting down the community section it bothered me more than I thought it would. I feel a sense of loss. I've learned so much from everyone here and suffered my own losses and was able to share that with people here and offer what I could and I want to thank you guys for that. I've been around looking for good dog forums for years and never ever stuck with any because they were not like dogster, didn't have the nice features and custom profiles and most had no sense of community and would always come back here. It's going to be odd not being able to do that. If you guys do ever find a nice place to talk dog, let me know smile
[notify]
» There has since been 553 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Grooming > Dog Shampoo Recommendations

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 10:14pm PST 
I really don't want to argue with you Toto, but I have done my research and I do know whats in my dog shampoo. Yes their are some dog shampoos that have unsafe ingredients in them and there are some companies that do not want to reveal their ingredients. I stay away from those now.

It's not about marketing which some seem to think. We all know there are things that are safe for humans and not for dogs. There are also things that are safe for dogs and not for cats. This goes for any products, food etc.

Human shampoos were designed for humans for our pH level and even then some ingredients still put into human shampoos are not even the safest for us. Pet shampoos are designed for pets, for their needs, for their pH level. Now will using a human shampoo kill your dog? Not likely unless they have a severe reaction. But you are risking skin issues, build up, dry/damaging coat etc. All I'm saying is that it is not worth the risk to use human shampoos that could possibly harm your pet. At least it is much less of a risk, if any risk at all, if you use a good quality pet shampoo. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 15 1:04 am

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 3:32pm PST 
Pantene does not make a dog safe shampoos.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 15 1:04 am

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 11:33am PST 
I LOVE Earthbath! My favorite brand hands down! Highly recommend it!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 15 1:04 am

Grooming > If you wanted to know the world's hardest dogs to groom!

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 11:16am PST 
I haven't read through the whole post, but I agree with Gretta! applause

From a groomers perspective, my favorite breeds to groom are Poodles, Schnauzers and Pomeranians! The more the merrier! But whats easy to one groomer may not be easy to another groomer. We all have our favorites to groom!
It also depends largely on the individual dogs personality, not always the breed. I may be able to groom one Shih tzu with no problem, but if I get another in that bites and jumps, it's going to be a lot more difficult. But I won't classify the whole breed as hard to groom. So that's another thing to take into consideration.

I implore people to not only research the individual breeds grooming needs (among other things), but to make sure they TRAIN and SOCIALIZE their dog/puppy starting the moment they get them. It will make your life, the vets life and your groomers life so much easier! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been -5 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Dec 9 3:46 pm

Small Dogs > My 15 lb Pom at exactly 6 months

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 8:01am PST 
To answer your question about size, there is a "throwback" gene that can sometimes cause overly large Pomeranians.

Now as for breeding....

I agree with Ruby and Cohen.
You aren't breeding to better the breed, so why breed?
Having a dog papered does not give you the right to breed, nor does it mean your breeding quality dogs. Are you on a limited registration? You would be unnecessarily putting your dogs health and possibly life at risk by breeding her. Just spay her and enjoy her as a family dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Nov 19 10:25 am

Grooming > Do groomers get a tip?
Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 6:40pm PST 
On the OP, tips are not mandatory, but I do appreciate them! I get tips anywhere from $5-$20, always makes my day smile

In response to ♥CHLO- E♥,

I agree with Toto on everything. I also wanted to add for me, regardless of the breed I always ask what the owner wants and then give suggestions based on that or even veer them in another direction if I feel its not best for the dog. I'm into creative grooming too so for me the skies the limit as to what the owner wants long as the product, cut, etc, is safe for that individual dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 11:16 pm

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.