GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

American Pit Bull Terrier > Ameican Bully Vs. American Pitbull.
Molly Bird

What? You said- sit? Ok I'll- jump on you!

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:53pm PST 
I have to agree with Daddy and Ace, American Bullies are designer dogs. They look much more like English Bulldogs than APBT or AmStaff.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 9:32 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > So... does the term "Pit Bull" offend some of you pit owners?...
Molly Bird

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:44pm PST 
I call mine "pit bulls" since American Pit Bull Terrier is a bit of a mouthful. It doesn't offend me at all when other people call them that either. My fiance hates when people call them "pits" though. He thinks it sounds degrading. Pitties and Pibbles are fine.puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 10 3:42 pm

Senior Dogs > The positives of senior dogs.

Molly Bird

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 4:10am PST 
3 of mine are just hitting the senior years. Molly and Benz are 8, Sally is 7. Sally has always been pretty low key and mellow but the other two...not so much.
Molly and Benz were so, so rambunctious and borderline ADHA, bol! At times they were just a nightmare. And the barking. Oh those two would bark at a leaf blowing across the yard.
They still bark but not nearly as much. They don't try to molest guests when they come over. Snuggle time seems to be the number one thing on their list or just trotting around the yard and finding a good stick to chew. They definitely aren't as crazy and it's nice to see that they might have finally come out of their "teenage" stage. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 7:35 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > What Did You Get Your Dog For Valentine's Day?

Molly Bird

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 4:07am PST 
I didn't get mine anything but we spent the night curled up on the couch watching the Westminster with our Snuggies. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 6:58 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Introducing Grunt!

Molly Bird

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 3:34am PST 
thinking
As far as weight goes, Benz is 61 lbs and Molly is 68 lbs. I think they stand about 22 inches at the shoulder. So mine are a decent sized dog. But I've also seen pitties be smaller than that and bigger. Molly and Benz's brother (from the same litter) is taller and bulkier than they are.
I think it all depends on the dog.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 3:33 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to begin training stray Bully Breed Mix
Molly Bird

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 3:27am PST 
I was thinking the same thing expect for how tall he is. Before I clicked on his profile, I thought maybe he had Cattle Dog or something like that in him.
My pit bull, Benz has an under bite, bol. It's not a bad one but it is funny when his top lip gets caught in it.
Either way, he is too adorable for words! I love pit bulls/pit bull mixes. Good luck with training!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 11:56 pm

Dog Health > Puppy pitbull scab

Molly Bird

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 4:09am PST 
Molly used to get these little "pimples" around her muzzle area. They didn't seem to bother her and I'm pretty sure it had to do with allergies. Its not uncommon for Pit Bulls to have skin problems/allergies. But hers cleared up when I switched my dogs to a grain-free food. They've been on a grain-free food for a little over 2 years now and no more pimples. smile
I would still call your regular vet and schedule a check up though. Better safe than sorry!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 13 4:09 am

American Staffordshire Terrier > Pit Bulls MUST be AKC registered to be American Staffordshires

Molly Bird

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 9:07am PST 
I'd like to add that neither of my APBTs look like "hippos".
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 7:16 am

American Staffordshire Terrier > Pit Bulls MUST be AKC registered to be American Staffordshires

Molly Bird

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 9:04am PST 
I was under the impression that AmStaffs were a bit more muscular looking that the APBTs.
I also think a lot of people will say they have and AmStaff because of some the nasty comments you can get when you say you have a APBT. A lot of people don't know what an AmStaff is. Some people would rather avoid an argument or hear that their loveable dog will turn on them and rip their heads off.
I know that the dogs my fiance and I have are at least half APBT. Their father was registered as one. Their mother, I'm fairly sure is APBT but it's hard to know for sure.
And our dogs did not come from drug dealers/gangsters and neither are we. Both parents came from loving families. Sure they were BYB, I won't deny that but you're making it sound like APBTs are a dime a dozen.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 7:16 am

Dog Health > Benadryl for dogs?
Molly Bird

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '11 8:15pm PST 
I use it all the time for Molly and Benz. Their allergies will flair up every once in a while and 1 1/2 tab of Benadryl for them works wonders! That and Udder Balm is always in good supply at our house! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 10:08 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.