Postings by Torie

GO!

(Page 1 of 270: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > Thoughts about freestyle--showing up vs. showing off your dog!
Torie

If you can roll- in the dirt, do- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 10:13am PST 
I had another thought re: people who are living out their dance fantasies and their dog is their for the ride. I'd say, well whatever floats their boat. I'm guessing that judges are really looking at the dog, but to those people-- who's to say? I never had this fantasy so I have no idea about it. smile

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, Feb 15 6:41 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Did you know.....
Torie

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 10:10am PST 
There is a Kindle app for the Mac and PC (I think).

That said, are there a lot of pictures in teamwork? If you learn this way then I'd say no. As good an offer as this is. The kindle's pictures are fair, not sure for the Mac/PC version of this.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Torie, Jan 21 10:10 am

Behavior & Training > Terrifying Female Corgi Issues

Torie

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 10:07am PST 
No on that dog! Corgis are great, but there have been (I have been told) some temperament issues in some lines. You need to look for Corgis who are bred with that in mind.

You also would want to run-- not walk away from that trainer. Yikes.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 24 12:32 am

Food & Nutrition > dietary completers (cat question)

Torie

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 10:09pm PST 
I found out tcfeline only sells in Canada. Too bad, as I think I found the old feline futures.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Torie, Jan 20 10:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > dietary completers (cat question)

Torie

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 4:28pm PST 
Sorry for your loss! hug
Padfoot (one of my cats) had a serious bout of blockage. He will not eat raw, tried for about six months and he thought I was trying to poison him.

There are several options. If the raw is less than 20% of the diet, you can just feed some meat, with or without organs.

Some possibilities: make your own. I like this site: http://catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood
You have the added benefit of having dogs who will lick the bowl. Cats are useless at this. smile
This uses easy to find ingredients for the most part. It is much cheaper than the mixes.

However, there are a couple I know of:
http://www.knowbetterpetfood.com/cat_food_better_in_the_raw
ht tp://tcfeline.com/

Getting your cat off of kibble is the best thing you can do for your cats diet. Bar none. Check out the catinfo site.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Torie, Jan 20 10:09 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats + Noobark
Torie

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 3:22pm PST 
This youtube video has one of the best ways of dealing with dog/cat problems I have ever seen, though I don't know who this is. It uses clicker training. If you don't use clicker training you could use this by just giving treats, though it might take longer.

You could also do the same with the cats.

However her cat is extremely bold. I would think most cats would feel more comfortable behind a barrier.

I agree with other comments re: cat trees and baby gates. It's best to have a room that the dogs are not allowed in.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Torie, Jan 18 3:22 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > New person-best breeds for south/hot service dog work

Torie

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 10:52am PST 
I think the vest makes a lot of sense. Do you know where I can get myself one? BOL!
OTOH, I still think you should get a breed or breed mix who would not be miserable either.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 10:11 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > seizure dog considering homemade food

Torie

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 10:49am PST 
People's (usually children's) epilepsy has been controlled with something like the ketogenic diet. The diet is very low in carbohydrates and higher in fat (somewhat like Atkins). It often controls epilepsy when nothing else will. OTOH that's people not dogs. But it would be interesting if that helped anyway. It wouldn't be a cheap diet, obviously. The first diet was a vegetarian diet. I don't think there is any way that would work.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Jan 23 7:30 am

Puppy Place > Puppies with cats?

Torie

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 10:37pm PST 
I think the Ragdoll would be quite good with dogs. They are pretty docile and large and tend to be interactive. The Corgi is a great choice too. Torie has basically tried all sorts of dog sports (agility, freestyle, herding, etc.). She is good at all of them and lots of fun to work with. They are just great at training.

The Cardigan is a good choice as well. May not be quite as available as the Pem.

It isn't the only dog generally good with cats. Actually a lot will be.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Torie, Jan 15 10:37 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me about Bearded Collies
Torie

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 11:03am PST 
I don't know that much about them, but just a plug to say I also think they are wonderful dogs. They have the typical Collie, Corgi, Aussie, sort of undercoat to my knowledge.

--des
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 4:34 am

(Page 1 of 270: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.