GO!

(Page 1 of 598: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > It's puppy time again...
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 7:03pm PST 
Congrats on the new little one Tyson. wave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 7:03 pm

Dog Health > Spectra SHIELD Flea & Tick Collar Medallion??
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 6:58pm PST 
Yeah that makes it sound even sketchier. I'm sure the tag knows the cat isn't its target and won't affect it...

And the swallowing thing just sound scary.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 6:45 am

Dog Health > Anal gland extraction for dummies

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 6:55pm PST 
The loose stools probably started the problem, and it's been building up for awhile. If you're not comfortable doing it I'd just take him in and let the techs do it since they know the drill, they'll also be able to do it internally so they'll fully empty.

However, to answer your question, I did Tanuk's by myself a good bit of the time. If hubby was home he'd hold his head straight and that was it. I would wrap my left arm under his rear legs, in the "man zone," so that he couldn't sit down, and just do it real quick with my right hand in a latex glove. It's a good idea to bathe him afterwards.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 2:51 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 6:31pm PST 
Wanted to add, Roxy I didn't realize you had gotten a Malamuppy! I remember us discussing them way back, sorry to hear about what happened though. hug

Such a cruddy time for an accident too, he's right in the middle of adolescence, which can be a beast. That might be part of the crabbiness you're seeing. Tanuk went through a pretty drastic personality change at around 18 months.
[notify]
» There has since been 5166 posts. Last posting by , Fri 1:44 pm

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 6:22pm PST 
Not excited about the new Dr, nope. I'm partial to 11. Did anyone else play the Dr Who games they had on the google main screen?

Weather here is obnoxious. Today was like 30 and sunny, tomorrow will be 70 and 100% chance of rain.

I put in my foster application over a week okay, they've touched base with me briefly, but otherwise nada. Is that normal? They haven't done a home check or asked to meet us or Talah or anything. I'm wondering if they're putting us on the back burner due to not vaccinating the cats or having a young baby? Any ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 5167 posts. Last posting by , Fri 1:44 pm

Dog Health > Spectra SHIELD Flea & Tick Collar Medallion??
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 4:55pm PST 
Hadn't heard of it so I looked it up. It works the same way as topicals, the "tube" just hangs around on your dog for months. The only advantage I see is that it lasts more than a month.

Things I don't like, they don't offer it for dogs smaller than 14lbs, why? What if your dog is a collar/tag chewer? Toxic to cats, so the fact that the tag hangs around for months is scary for a multi-species household.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 6:45 am

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Nov 22, '13 5:00pm PST 
Hello all!

Weather here is in the 70s...

Never had to raise or kill my food, and rather thankful for that! laugh out loud I think I am much more of a city girl than you crew.

In other exciting news, sounds like we'll be getting our first foster(s) soon! The coordinator called me and was heading out to pick up a dachshund, schnauzer, and boston that were surrendered. I hope it works out and I'm not in over my head.
[notify]
» There has since been 5216 posts. Last posting by , Fri 1:44 pm

Dog Health > Black spots in Kong toy? Mold?

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 6:22pm PST 
We have the Kong traxx, the little tire one. Pretty much over night it grew a nasty mold forest, it looked like chest hair...I was so grossed out hubby had to deal with that one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 19 7:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Learning Left & Right

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 7:30pm PST 
I teach my dogs directional left and rights, so I would think it's entirely possible to teach left and right paws. I'm assuming you do use a completely different cues for this?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 5:18 am

Behavior & Training > Dog Park Etiquette
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 7:28pm PST 
It's not a petting zoo, children should not be there. Sorry.

I make arrangements for my daughter to have a sitter whenever I go to a play group or the dog park.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 6:41 am

(Page 1 of 598: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.