GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > new dog
Yuki Joy

Come and pet- me,you know you- want to!!!!

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 8:53pm PST 
thank you all for the advice i appreciate this soo much. Im glad to report that today yuki got of the sofa and played with little mickey for around 5 minutes before mickey got a little too exited and it was back to the sofa for yuki. Five minutes of playing and socialicing may seem like so little but it ment so much to me to see yuki get out of his confort zone and play for a bit. 5 minutes today dare i hope for 10 tomorrow? and by the end of the month best buds? =D Also i want to ask. Yuki has already grasp the concept of which plates are his and which are mickeys but mickey doesnt seem like he"ll learnd thag fast and try to eat out of yukis plate. I said no in a firm voice,didnt work,clap hard to see if he got scare and looked at me,didnt work,banged a book against the desk and mickey didnt even look at me. I had to finally physically push him out of the room. What can i do to help him learn to back off of yuki plates.

additional info you may need to know:
a)yukis plates and mickey are in different room so thay they can both have their space but the rooms are wall to wall with each other so i can keep an eye on them both.

b) if i serve yuki first mickey will try to eat it. If i serve mickey first he just eats his own food then comes into yukis room for desert. And if i serve them both at the same time mickey attempts to eat yukis meals first before he is pushed out of the room and only then does he pay attention to his food.

any info on how to get mickey to respect yukis space for eati g without having to push him out of the room and close the door?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 5 12:31 pm

Yuki Joy

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 6:55pm PST 
please help =(
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 5 12:31 pm

Yuki Joy

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 8:05pm PST 
what you need to know: Yuki Joy is a shi-tzu that I've had in the fam for 2 years now.

Mickey: Is a dog we got from someone my dad knows from work. He is a very religios man and doesnt believe in leaving dogs on the street or without a home but he isnt exacly a responsable owner either. He doesnt like mickey and only keep him out of respect for living creatures but he hadnt even taken mickey to the vet for chek ups. He wasnt providing play time or walks and just left poor little mickey in a leash in his garage.

Now I got mickey 5 days ago and took him to the vet. He is very smart, very sweet and very playfull. Heres the thing tho, Yuki doesnt like him. Mickey is around 3 months old and wants to spend all day playing and jumping around on top of yuki and yuki got real tired of it real fast. He chases yuki around all day long and yuki has come to a point were he just spend all day long on top of the sofa because mickey cant jump on top of it yet. This makes me extremly sad because i cant stand the idea that yuki has become so standofish and just plain unhappy with the new addition to our family. I think he is kind of scared of mickey. If he sees mickey anywhere near him he'll immediatly walk in the other direction. What can i do to help yuki get along with mickey and stop running away from him?

I should also add that when mickey chases yuki, yuki runsd away from him if mickey keep doing it he will growl at mickey and when that doesnt work either THEN he jumps in the sofa. But Im afraid that yuki will one day go from runs away-growl-jump sofa to runs away-growl-turn around and bite little mickey.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 5 12:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > ANF Holistic as good as it seems?

Yuki Joy

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 5:21pm PST 
I have been feeding my Yuki ''By Nature'' pretty much since I got him because is the best food that I could find in the stores in my country...However today I went to the petshop and they were out which means that I have to go to the pet store tomorrow again to see if by then they have some...The store girl however told me about ANF Holistic ( http://www.anf.com/ ) She states that its even better that ''By Nature'' and that its cheaper 2. I decided not to buy it until I get some info on it. I'll just wait fot ''By Nature'' to arrive tomorrow. However in case that By Nature takes 2 long I really want to know if you guys recomend it or if the sales girl just wanted to make a sale at all cost...Thank You for your help on keeping my baby healthy.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 3 7:56 pm

Dog Health > help me please...FLEAS

Yuki Joy

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '09 3:42pm PST 
I have learned the hard way that is not just about treating your pup.You have to clean your house and backyard if your pup goes outside to potty.

You can go to home depot,gardeners or ambientalist group that tell u what products are good for your backyard and garden.

You should check your house and maybe even call a exterminator or buy a flea and tick product desing to exterminate the house.Check carpets,sofas,the dogs bed and even your bed just so you are sure.When I cleaned the house when we had a flea infesteation we even moved the beds and other types of furnitures in hopes to find all the possible hiding spots of this animals.

Continue to aplay Frontline to your pet but I would call the vet.When we had the flea and tick infestation around here he told us to change the products from 'frontline' to 'advanceK9' to 'Bio spot' and back to 'frontline' and so on.He said that sometimes this little buggers become kind of imune to a certain product if used for too long.

Also you are doing good buy giving your pup a treatment every week or 2 but I would reccoment to check every single nigh for little buggers that your dog may have gotten during the day.

Good Luck and dont worry, if you continue to take great care of your dog you will get rid of this problem in no time.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 4:49 am

Dog Health > Help me win the fight againts my dad...
Yuki Joy

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 6:50pm PST 
Yep!!!To all those u mention.Walk,feed,bath,train,potty and money wise I help with what I can by selling Avon like I said before.^_^
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 9:50 pm

Yuki Joy

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 6:07pm PST 
Well..I have look into shelter neutering.The cheapest I have foun is 40 dollars and I think I can raise that much money easily by selling Avon products with catalogs.

About my dad ....well he can really hold a grudge so if I do decide to neuture him behind his back I am expecting no less that 2 weeks of silent treatment from him.cry

It will be hard.I adore my dad and I hate to fight with him but if I cant convice him into neutering in about 2 or 3 weeks the I will have to ready myself for the silent treatment after all.cry

Does anybody have an idea as to what to do to convince him that neutering is good? I am thinking that I might take him to our local shelter and have some of the volunteers talk to him about the situations that they face day by day with this porr homeless dogs.The big question is how to convince him into going to the shelter with me???

edit: Is my dog.But still I wish for my dads aproval
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 9:50 pm

Yuki Joy

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 5:36pm PST 
I do not know if this is the right place to put this and if is not then I apologize and feel free to move it.

Now on to the reasons as to why I started this thread...

My shih-tzu is now 9 months old and he should by now be neutered.I need my dad's aproval to do as I am only 16 and I already convince my mom that it is the right thing to do.

My dad has found a purebreed female shih tzu for my dog to mate with and tells me that he only want one littler.His latest excuse:

''You want to take away from Yuki the honor of having puppies?''

I told him that a lot of dogs who are not neutured excape their houses get female dogs who are in heat, pregnat and then u never even know that ur dog is a father and the owners of the female dog dont even know who got their baby pregnant.He is not going to look for his puppies .And the owners of the female who is pregnat probably wont even know what to do with a pregnant dog and much less with the new born puppies.Which means those puppies will probably end up in the street,shelter or with owner that bought them on a wim.

I have shown him pictures of shelter and their dogs and look up facts on the internet to help convince him that neutering is the best way to go.

I shown him this website:
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding.html
and read all the facts to him outloud as he does not know english.

I told him about the cost of breeding and that a raising a liter cost more that what you win when selling the puppies if done correctly.I've also told him about pet over population:

'' Dad,The Humane Society of the United States estimates that there are over 70,000 puppies and kittens born every twenty-four hours.There are about seven animals to every human born.Every year over 20 million animals end up in a shelter. Over 15 million of them are killed''

He told me that I was looking and the negative issues and that I have not once look for something positive.I have challenge him into looking in the internet for a good excuse in not neutering and he is currently doing so.

I have also told him that it is in fact healthy for Yuki and that some dogs even live longer when neutered.

The sad fact is that my dad is a hot head who wants for Yuki to be a dad just once and neutered him afterwards.

What can I do?I have told my mom that I plan to raise the money to neutere Yuki by myself and have him neutered behind dads back but he will notice that Yuki will be acting sencitive at least the first 24 hours after the operation and he will most certantly know what I have done.I am sure that this will cause a big fight between him and me and that he will feel like I have betray him by going to the vet behind his back.I dont want to have a fight with my dad.I want to feel his aproval and support when I take Yuki to be neutered but I cant convince him.

Please help me and my Yuki Joy.I do not know what to do.I feel like I am about to cry.

cry
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 9:50 pm

Shih Tzu > worlds biggest shih tzu?

Yuki Joy

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 7:24pm PST 
Wow!!! Very big shih-tzu. Has your vet said anything about it or did he said that it was fine. I was told by some loser that pretended to be an expert that shih-tzus shouldn't weigh any more that 10 lbs so when I visited the vet last Tuesday me and mom were very scare when the vet told us that my current weight is 12.8 lbs but he said that its fine and that its not a bad weigh at all.I trust him better that the other loser who told me that I shouldnt weight more that 10 lbs but still...what is an ideal weight for me? I am good right now like the vet said I was?Should I pull in more weight or take some off?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 2:04 am

Shih Tzu > Haircut for Shih tzu
Yuki Joy

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 7:18pm PST 
Well mom took me to the groomers with the pictures of this shih-tzu:

http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/tash i_shih_tzu_05.jpg

in hopes that the groomer wouldnt mess up and get us something that we didnt like. She gave me a haircut exacly like the one from the pictures but a little bit longer cuz mom loves to brush me.We had to cut it because I was loosing all my energy with the summer heat and mom was kind of upset at first but she ended up liking the haircut and I still have quite a lot of hair for her to brush.My energy levels are up again and mom can still brush me.Is all good. Lets Partyhappy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 8:17 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.