Page Links: 1  2  

Who's Feeling Silly? > 20 Questions!
Rose (I'm on- the left)

I'm shy but- sweet! Can I- sniff you?

Barked: Wed Jan 27, '10 3:57pm PST 
Is it a German Shepherd?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Izzy, Mar 22 12:35 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Pet psychic, yay or nay?
Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Fri Jan 22, '10 7:36am PST 
McKayla's mom - what a lovely story! And a great example of how a psychic reading can be used for love and helpfulness, and not ego or fame. I would very much like to hear how Kayla's reading goes. If Brian does long distance (phone) readings, I'm interested in that as well. Perhaps you could contact me?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by McKayla , Jan 28 10:38 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > 20 Questions!

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 4:13pm PST 
Is it bigger than a beagle? (Aren't we only allowed to ask questions with YES or NO answers?)
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Izzy, Mar 22 12:35 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > Anagram your dog!

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 3:53pm PST 
Go to http://wordsmith.org/anagram/.
Plug in your dog's name, and pick the silliest anagram.

"Rosie the Border Collie" = OILIER ROOSTER BELCHED!

Haha, wouldn't Rosie love it if an oily rooster belched? She just loves stinky things!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Ko Min ♥, Mar 6 12:03 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Where's the best place online to buy dog collars?

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 3:43pm PST 
Pet Expectations, www.petexpectations.com. I believe they are the second largest online seller of Lupine, and they carry Lupine's discontinued patterns. They carry other neat stuff too. The owner is a pet lover and advocate, and issues a fun newsletter. Sometimes you get a free Lupine keychain with your order.

Also, Sierra Trading Post www.sierratradingpost.com often has great prices on dog gear.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Gino, Sep 16 10:02 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Pet psychic, yay or nay?
Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 2:47pm PST 
I come from a family of psychics. One of us works in that capacity, and for the rest of us - well it just enriches our lives, and is as natural as breathing. I like to think of my intuition as one of the things that turns a black & white or 2-D world into a colorful or 3-D one. It adds beauty and richness to everyday life!

It is true that a pet may not "communicate" or "think" using the same sentence structure that we do. But, there are various ways that receivers "receive" info, regardless. Sometimes we see strong images or symbols in our minds...sometimes we hear words being repeated strongly in our heads...sometimes we just have a very strong "knowing" of something to be true. This information is very similar to everyday thinking or imagining, except it is often more forceful - as though the info is shouting "pay attention to me!"

While I realize that many people either don't believe this stuff or haven't had these experiences, I am surprised at the number of naysayers in this thread! But I am very respectful of our varied belief systems. I don't think people should become dependent on psychics, but I do feel a psychic could be helpful in a perplexing situation - animal related or otherwise.

To those who pretend to be psychics, however - well, that is just shameful.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by McKayla , Jan 28 10:38 am

Other Barks & Woofs > What breed(s) do you think I am?

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 2:13pm PST 
Haha, I was going to say the exact same thing, chihuahua/german shepherd! She's so cute, I'm laughing! She does have quite a stocky chest though - wonder where that is from?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nutmeg, Jan 18 4:38 pm

Dog Health > More tired after long runs - is this normal aging?

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 2:04pm PST 
Hi everyone, I continued to be concerned about Rose seeming stiff-legged after her workouts, so I decided to take her in early for her annual checkup (January instead of April). Everything checked out great. No joint issues and no complaints at having her legs fully extended. Lyme negative. Positive for Anaplasmosis for two years now, but the antibodies can show up for a while. (She had bloodwork following her initial positive test which came back normal, which meant no treatment needed.)

The vet suggested I try a glucosamine supplement to see if that helps - plus it's a good preventive. She recommended Glyco-Flex Stage I, or a new pill that also contains avocado.

I appreciate your earlier comments, so if you have additional feedback (on the vet visit or other supplements you like), please share!

Happy border collie running,

- Rosie's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rose (I'm on the left), Jan 12 2:04 pm

Dog Health > Roxy gets Spayed tomorrow morning at 8am

Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 8:01am PST 
The hardest parts are worrying about the anesthesia, and wondering if they have pain. In my experience, they are LOOPY for 24 hours afterward, but by the second day, they start to resemble their old selves, and by the third day, seem pretty normal! I hope this is the case for you? Oh and good luck keeping her from jumping for 10 days blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Roxy, Dec 31 10:02 am

Dog Health > More tired after long runs - is this normal aging?
Rose (I'm on- the left)

Barked: Sun Dec 27, '09 8:44pm PST 
To answer your questions - she is eating and drinking normally; her annual checkup is in April and that's when her last Lyme test was.

There are a couple of factors which make this "fuzzy" for me: she is a rescued mutt, not a purebred, so I'm unsure how much BC is in her; she has always been a couch potato at home, so it's not like she's gone from "bouncing off the walls" to being sedentary. Also, while she loves her car rides and free runs, she's never been crazy about leash walks. On most leash walks, she gives me the timid/pitiful look that says "can we PLEASE go home now?" So when she's tired and resists the leash, I always wonder, "is Rosie just being Rosie, or is something bothering her?"

How many of you wish they could just open up their doggy mouths and TALK to you?

On her next checkup I will ask the vet to check for arthritis and anything else that could affect energy, like thyroid. Of course if it becomes more pronounced I'll take her sooner.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rose (I'm on the left), Jan 12 2:04 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.