Postings by Mia

GO!

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Gone too soon, trying hard to cope...
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 9:50pm PST 
Sorry to hear of this. Shane was blessed every day for having you in his life, and we all know how special he was to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Feb 26 8:55 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Choosing A Breed For The Wrong Reason.
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 6:07pm PST 
I chose an Aussie mostly because of personality, then looks laugh out loud Mia was a true crash course, and had just about every 'undesirable' quality for the breed but turned out to be a pretty great dog, took a lot of work though big grin
Now I have much better idea of what I do/don't want in a dog, I'll probably always have at least one Aussiebig grin
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Mar 6 9:37 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Oh those Aussies!

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Fri Nov 12, '10 10:42am PST 
If you get one I want a compare/contrast with Belgians laugh out loud I drool over them! cloud 9
I'll let the more knowledgeable people reply on this, but yes temperament is a big one. Mia was overly sensitive and scared of EVERYTHING. Fear reactive starting at 3 months or so shock
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Samoa SunnyBear Bell, Nov 17 8:40 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Pippin is at The Bridge

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sun Oct 24, '10 8:27pm PST 
So sorry to hear about this Pippin's mom & family hug I lost my Mia two weeks ago and have yet to have a day where I don't cry at some point. You gave Pippin a truly good life and it's heartbreaking to lose a dog so young, you'll be in my thoughts. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Wylie the Wonder Dog - RIP, Jan 11 12:40 pm

Dog Health > Coughing up blood

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Mon Oct 11, '10 3:22pm PST 
Leah, not that I know of. They did tox screening at the first vet and I'm not sure about the e-vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Oct 15 6:45 am

Dog Health > Coughing up blood
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sun Oct 10, '10 6:11pm PST 
Thank you everyone, I'm crying (yet again) as I read all of your kind words.
I went to visit with her yesterday evening a few hours before she passed. I was able to tell her how much I loved her and that it was okay if she needed to go. I miss her so much.

The vet is going to call me with the autopsy findings whenever they're done. She's being cremated and we're going to bury her under the crepe myrtle with her favorite basketball.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Oct 15 6:45 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Sensitive breeds? What breed fits this description?

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 9:14pm PST 
I had to read that a few times as I was about ready to ship Mia to you. I think if you have a badly bred, under socialized, Aussie all of that is a given. Would anyone WANT that? Many of those are major issues we work on, daily. thinking I'd throw Vizslas & Weims in there too, love the little buggers though laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, RN, CGC, May 31 6:30 am

Dog Health > Lethargy/diarrhea/vomiting :(

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 11:59am PST 
Just got home from the vet. They did a blood panel/fecal & urinalysis & prescribed Metronidazole for diarrhea & Cerenia. Of course she's acting like her normal self now confused just waiting to see if everything comes back normal.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mia , Feb 16 11:59 am

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Mon Feb 15, '10 10:06pm PST 
Don't think they've put anything down on the lawn or rose-garden as of lately but I'll ask. They have a Pug & a Chi so they're conscientious of anything that could be possibly harmful, indoors they clean the tile floor with 409, but that's something they do everyday. I know they get the odd random mushroom that pops up in the yard, so that's a concern, but I always check before leaving either of them over there. (Do I sound like an overbearing mother yet? jeeze laugh out loud )

Other than being on the high-strung end of the Aussie spectrum, she's spent at least one night a week there since I've first had her.

Trying to think of anything else which may help: Dot was lethargic from last Sunday to Wednesday or so, drank a little bit of muddy water on Sunday at the park, wouldn't eat dinner. I had picked up a new bag of TOTW Pacific stream, which Mia didn't have an issue with, Dot wouldn't touch it. No runny poop, no vomiting. Switched it for a different flavor of TOTW & she started eating normally.

Seriously, thanks for any insights or advice..it's too weird around here without a tennis ball being dropped in my lap every 5 seconds. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mia , Feb 16 11:59 am

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Mon Feb 15, '10 8:18pm PST 
Not that I know of, she doesn't eat grass, or chew on anything that she shouldn't, not to say that she couldn't, but that would be pretty unlike her. My parents know my rule about not giving her people food.

Water intake is normal, she's urinating on her normal schedule so I don't see her as being dehydrated.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mia , Feb 16 11:59 am

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.